Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LHP vs RHP are they both "bad" or "faulty" paths?
04-22-2016, 06:01 AM
The greatest Initiations in the Light happen through the Dark; if you can face your inner darkness , not giving in to it and not running away from it, you will be able to transcend it. Even if that means, eventually.

But Balance is the Magic Word.

Look at the Magician card in the Thoth deck - he walks the razor's edge, in the meanwhile juggling with the Elemental attributes, and he has the courage and the endurance and the creativity and the perseverance to actually pull it off. In the first Thoth deck by lady Frieda Harris, there were three versions of the Magician, some called those the black, the grey and the white one. You get to be all three of those.

[Image: WF_banner2017.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2016, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2016 06:51 AM by Dosey.)
Hi

An interesting point I was taught by Uncle Birch on Youtube is that originally, back long ago before the definition of the terms was muddled, the terms 'right hand path' and 'left hand path' were actually the distinction between whether you thought the Gods worked and made changes through you as a human tool to affect reality or if they worked on and made changes to the external reality outside of you. If this is the case then I think both are true and there is no distinction.

In the new sense of what they mean nowadays though I agree with OP, you should be depolarized, and it's nice for people to want to only do good and I think we should all aspire to that but the road to hell is paved with good intentions and bad and good are two sides of the same coin.
04-22-2016, 07:15 AM
Balance, fuck yeah! Smiling

Awake becomes
what once was known,
forgetfulness is fleeting.
04-26-2016, 02:48 AM
Yes thats why so many of us dabble

Http://Arcanumtarotmagick.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMXvPfa...JzHQSOR0lg
To KNOW, To DARE, To WILL, TO KEEP SILENCE-such are the four words of the Magus! Eliphas Levi.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2016, 06:14 AM
I have a pet theory—not very well-developed as yet—that if you apply too much pressure on one end, everything squeezes out the other end. Thus magicians instinctively seek out whichever path where they feel a deficiency in a subconscious effort to "rebalance" themselves. That's why you'll meet so many LHP magicians from fundamentalist religious backgrounds (i.e. adapting "adversarial" Satanism in reaction to pious evangelism), and why so many hardcore RHP-ers often indulge in extreme or taboo behavior in secret (i.e. child molesting priests, embezzling televangelists). It takes a higher level of self-awareness to look inward and correct one's own deficiencies and weaknesses. Which is why so many people fail so tragically along both paths—because they fail to grasp and control their own underlying motivations for following those paths.
04-30-2016, 07:01 AM
That's an interesting theory there Shaula. I can see how emphasizing/focusing on one side can cause issues that have been ignored within to pour out of the other side.

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
05-03-2016, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 03:47 PM by juledianwindrider.)
There is only one path but there are two directions. Leave the path and you can leave the direction.

J
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2016, 11:35 PM
This is really interesting, I'm afraid I don't have anything to add but I can't wait to see what everyone else says!
05-13-2016, 10:29 AM
There are no light and dark paths. The only path that's relevant is your own. You can describe it however you want but it's not like it ever was a choice because you're forced to walk your own path as long as you're living.

I'm an Atheist. Get over it.
05-13-2016, 10:54 PM
Well I think this issue of right hand and left hand paths has to do with what a mage really intents to use his magical potentials for. If a mage decides to use his magical potentials for only good purposes,and stick only to such good intentions, avoiding any working which might harm or hurt others in anyway, then such a mage is said to belong to the right hand path.Such magi work with spirits like angels who are seen to be interested in good works. Thus a person on the right hand path will for instance, never harm or do bad to anyone who offends them in anyway.
On the other hand, magi whose magical works or workings are geared towards fulfilling their desires which might lead to harm or result in others getting hurt are considered to be on the left hand path.Such mage do not care whether others get hurt or not, as long as their desires are fulfilled. They don't for instance, mind killing somebody to gain some financial gain. They employ curses and hexes to punish their enemies etc.People who follow the left hand path mostly work with demons who are seen to facilitate such mundane workings.
Whichever path one decides to follow is ones own choice to make. For instance, I have chosen the right hand path.By the way, this is my understanding of right and left hand paths. I may be wrong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paths woodoo003 15 1,737 02-23-2015 05:33 PM
Last Post: woodoo003
  What your opinion on Right and Left Hand Paths? Zero 4 666 09-09-2013 09:19 PM
Last Post: The God-King