Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LHP vs RHP are they both "bad" or "faulty" paths?
05-16-2016, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2016 05:21 AM by Mighty_is_Set.)
The left and right hand paths in the west hold contradictory methods and goals. It would be literally impossible to practice both or even balance them. If you practice one path, youre immediately failing at the other path.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2016, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2016 05:38 AM by ignus_fatuus.)
(05-13-2016 10:54 PM)Ewemagus Wrote:  Well I think this issue of right hand and left hand paths has to do with what a mage really intents to use his magical potentials for. If a mage decides to use his magical potentials for only good purposes,and stick only to such good intentions, avoiding any working which might harm or hurt others in anyway, then such a mage is said to belong to the right hand path.Such magi work with spirits like angels who are seen to be interested in good works. Thus a person on the right hand path will for instance, never harm or do bad to anyone who offends them in anyway.
On the other hand, magi whose magical works or workings are geared towards fulfilling their desires which might lead to harm or result in others getting hurt are considered to be on the left hand path.Such mage do not care whether others get hurt or not, as long as their desires are fulfilled. They don't for instance, mind killing somebody to gain some financial gain. They employ curses and hexes to punish their enemies etc.People who follow the left hand path mostly work with demons who are seen to facilitate such mundane workings.
Whichever path one decides to follow is ones own choice to make. For instance, I have chosen the right hand path.By the way, this is my understanding of right and left hand paths. I may be wrong.

No. What's good for one person isn't good for another. Therefore making the argument that RHP = what is good is totally wrong. Also, all magick is selfish magick because it's always done for selfish reasons. Even "good" magick is selfish magick because it strokes your ego when you do something "good". This is why all magick can be seen as "black" magick. It's all done for selfish reasons no matter which side of the fence you claim to be on.

I'm an Atheist. Get over it.
05-16-2016, 09:15 AM
Are you implying that if someone considers murder as good,that is, enough grounds to consider murder as good, and hence not a crime and a bad deed? Following your line of reasoning then can we conclude that, our courts are not needed after all?Because per your logic, because the murderer considers murder as good, thus he doesn't err for murdering people,and therefore shouldn't be punished by the court?Such that people should be allowed to do whatever they wish because there is nothing like good or evil? Can you live in a society which follows your line of thinking? Where a murderer can murder you and be allowed to go free because he considers murder as a good deed? I don't agree with you. There are good deeds, and bad deeds. Whether you accept that logic or not doesn't change that fact.
Again,concerning selfishness, are you implying that if I use my magical powers to heal someone, I am being selfish?The word selfish means " having or showing concern only for yourself and not for the needs or feelings of other people".In using my magical powers for healing someone, or helping someone in need of my help can never be considered selfish, per the definition.
A mage whose only intent is to heal,protect, bless people, etc is not on the same path as one whose only intent is to cause illness, hex, curse, kill others etc.Indeed,based on this, there is a LHP and a RHP. A mage can choose any to follow, or perhaps follow both at the same time. But it is wrong to consider both paths as the same path.
05-16-2016, 10:06 AM
It's all selfish in one way or another.

BTW, the left hand path isn't all about causing harm. Sure there's a ton of books out there that make it seem like this but it's far from the truth. Real Satanists love life....

05-16-2016, 10:19 PM
I personally believe both are limiting as it ties the practitioner into the dualistic view point that they must be one thing or another and leads to them placing limitations on themselves.

"Someone once asked me if there was such a thing as magic. Only if you want there to be. Only if you want it." - John Constantine, Hellblazer #141
05-16-2016, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2016 10:31 PM by Ewemagus.)
If I heal a friend or loved one because they are sick, and I have the ability to restore their health, and I do so, with no intention of claiming honour or glory for that deed, you can't equate that good deed to selfishness.
People who follow the LHP much as they themselves fear death, don't hesitate causing the death of another person. This is different from a true RHP follower, who equally fear death, but contrary to the follower of the LHP,would as a result of that, never be the cause of the death of another person.

Astral eye, perhaps that is why there is another type of magic, known as grey magic, which seems to combine white and black magic. You can call it the middle path. Lol.
05-16-2016, 11:00 PM
Dude, you don't know what your talking about.

Christians kill people all the time and their RHP.

05-16-2016, 11:17 PM
True Christians don't kill people. But a church goer may kill people. There is a vast difference between a true Christian and a church goer.
05-16-2016, 11:19 PM
Church goers have killed people. Look at all the church goers who burned witches in the past. Or all the church goers who took part in the crusades. Get your facts straight.

05-16-2016, 11:27 PM
Read my post well. I told you a Church goer is different from a true Christian. A true Christian will never kill people. But a church goer may kill people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paths woodoo003 15 1,742 02-23-2015 05:33 PM
Last Post: woodoo003
  What your opinion on Right and Left Hand Paths? Zero 4 666 09-09-2013 09:19 PM
Last Post: The God-King