Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic and Quantum Mechanics.
07-30-2017, 11:41 AM
Or new combinations of all of our ancestors? *pondering face* I agree that science is basically magic with the facts all worked out... Maybe quantum mechanics is science explaining energy manipulation? I like the idea of quantum entanglement as a vehicle for spirit cohesion after death, that's a good one.

A pebble at the source of the Nile and all the world is changed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2017, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2017 11:52 AM by Rashnu.)
(07-30-2017 10:42 AM)Wylandriah91 Wrote:  Haha fair enough lmao Tounge
Yeah it's the only afterlife idea that I ever read that I really resonated with, it just seems pretty intuitive. Funny for something I read in a work of fiction lol.
Do you still get results even with the "wham, bam" style? Suppose you must if you still do it but has anyone ever gotten pissed? Like I can't imagine someone like Sekhmet for an example (I'm more familiar with Egyptian than Greek pantheon) would be very happy with someone who dropped her when they got what they wanted :/

Oh yeah you get results and for a chaos magician it's sort of needed, otherwise I would be worshipping 100 different gods, but for let's say if I want to work with someone in the Greek pantheon I would worship them for about a week and a half to 2 weeks, sometimes 3 but rarely that's needed, but for Egyptian I'd need to worship for I think it was 5 weeks for the Goddess Bat, idk why it is that way, maybe it's because I worship Zeus or maybe I have Greek heritage Idk... as for getting pissed off, yeah it can happen I've had spells work then completely backfire for an example Raphael did this and what I learned was to always give proper thanks after a spell comes to fruition, they can be EXTREMELY fickle ya know? Well I feel they accept humans can be as well and as long as we give them the proper thanks it's not an issue, or hasent been for me after a few mishaps before I learned to truly thank them.
I should put as well, I am not fond of working with spirits or deities never have been, I don't deeply study invocation or evocations but use them if needed, (never had much luck with evocations and invocations are very tricky for me, so when I work with a deity it's usually through invocation then spell work and I rarely want to willingly go through 2 weeks to 6 weeks of worship just for that.

Nice points Unlien

In order to Hear, we must Listen; In order to See, we must Look; and in order to Understand we must Want To.
Nature is the teacher of art..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2017, 12:07 PM
Yeah I figured it might be that way haha, trial and error lmao Tounge Just venturing an opinion here but maybe the reason it takes longer with Egyptians is that they have a certain inaccessibility and pride about them, like whereas I can see the Greek pantheon like a big, friendly, happy Greek wedding, I imagine the Egyptian to be more like a classy, smoky jazz club with a lot of social nuances, if that makes any sense? They seem harder to impress, whereas the Greeks are generally affable... Again, just a feeling I get.
I tend not to work with dieties either, I have a mishmash that I talk to for certain things but usually prefer just working with my own energy

07-30-2017, 12:21 PM
(07-30-2017 12:07 PM)Wylandriah91 Wrote:  Yeah I figured it might be that way haha, trial and error lmao Tounge Just venturing an opinion here but maybe the reason it takes longer with Egyptians is that they have a certain inaccessibility and pride about them, like whereas I can see the Greek pantheon like a big, friendly, happy Greek wedding, I imagine the Egyptian to be more like a classy, smoky jazz club with a lot of social nuances, if that makes any sense? They seem harder to impress, whereas the Greeks are generally affable... Again, just a feeling I get.
I tend not to work with dieties either, I have a mishmash that I talk to for certain things but usually prefer just working with my own energy

I really wish I had my computer set up so I could type and respond properly, but yeah I get what you're saying 100% and I believe that's why the Greek pantheon is from what many say is the easiest to work with, but it seems like every other pantheon is just as hard as Egyptian for me, even Angels and Demons, they are all such a pain for me to work with. And yeah, working with your own energy is so much easier.

In order to Hear, we must Listen; In order to See, we must Look; and in order to Understand we must Want To.
07-30-2017, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2017 12:36 PM by Wylandriah91.)
Hmmm... Maybe you are a bit Greek? Irish dieties are generally really welcoming too, very warm and what we would call "sound", or laid back and friendly. Sometimes ya need to feel like ya have backup from someone big but generally better to just DIY

07-30-2017, 12:50 PM
(07-30-2017 12:36 PM)Wylandriah91 Wrote:  Hmmm... Maybe you are a bit Greek? Irish dieties are generally really welcoming too, very warm and what we would call "sound", or laid back and friendly. Sometimes ya need to feel like ya have backup from someone big but generally better to just DIY

Yeah the last part you said is why I try to worship a few other deities, Like Eris and Zeus are both Greek but I am deeply fond of Rashnu, He reminds me of Hermes in a way and Hermes is my absolute favorite God, hands down I just started worshiping him a few years ago and I'm very happy I gave him a try but I digress, I try to have a few deities from different religions so I can feel better about using their pantheon, just so hard to diversify when Greek gods are so amazing that I don't feel like it's a chore to worship them, I actually enjoy it and if I work with a God and I feel like it's a chore I shy away from them

09-08-2017, 05:57 AM
Science and magic go together.
Science is the pursuit of knowledge.
Magic is acknowledgement of mystery.

One drives the other by acting as method.
09-08-2017, 07:34 AM
What I think might help is a more reliable way to measure energy than EMF meters so we have the quantitative data needed for hard experimentation. Anyone got ideas/leads on that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What's your opinion on Quantum Physics? Zero 29 4,405 02-01-2017 09:17 AM
Last Post: FarhnamDrunk
  Quantum Physics radicalrave 10 1,431 03-19-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: Knight of the Temple