Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic's boundries
01-14-2018, 11:48 AM
(01-14-2018 04:08 AM)Danler Wrote:  Why aren't the people who work with magic the most influencent, beautiful and greatest people in the world?

Because not everyone has the same idea of what influence, beauty, and greatness are. People work with magic to achieve their personal goals, and everyone has different goals.

~:Shin:~

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2018, 09:24 PM
Also not all magicians are good ones. Also also not all good magicians stay lucky enough not to piss the spirits and the gods off.

Don't make me put my wizard shit on. I mean fucking business when I've got my wizard shit on.
Find all posts by this user
01-14-2018, 10:15 PM
i don’t personally buy the argument a good magician is a wealthy one, or a healthy one, or a happy one. it’s a wisdom path, it’s a path of power, but it’s a hard road and often spirit puts obstacles in our way to make us stronger more appreciative and more ready to recieve the power and wisdom otherwise what the point of it? if not to better ourselves spiritually.
01-15-2018, 02:20 AM
I agree with Jin, we may practice magic, but that doesn't mean we're super pure or deserving of a wealthy life, I for one have great living circumstances but atm I still have to work, and I'm OK with that because I've always been lazy and now is my chance to prove that I'm not, and maybe that I deserve the life that I ultimately want. I don't have any doubt that I'll eventually earn what I want through magic and demonstrations of character.

A pebble at the source of the Nile and all the world is changed.
Precision beats power, and timing beats speed.
01-15-2018, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 02:53 AM by Feywer96.)
to OP, I think it is because magic largely involves internalization, introspection, psychology, philosophy &etc - a whole trench of things that we do not see often working in the minds of men to-day. Besides that point, I would concur with others here in their sentiments towards not having status or power; it is held as a material pursuit. And while many people in "power" do engage in occult practices or have proclivities, I think magic for the individual is something that transcends these things.
01-15-2018, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 04:25 AM by Danler.)
At first I was a little afraid of making this questions cuz I know that sounds not just newbie but silly. But that's what I am in this universe, I'm initiating this path and I think that is crucial to handle with my doubts... So I thank you all so so so much for this answers, for been patient and not elusive. The reason I ask this things is because I want to know what magic can represent or can be in my life, if it's worth it to go ahead with this unstoppable curiosity and make something out of it. I am inclined to think that I must proceed.
01-15-2018, 08:36 AM
(01-14-2018 11:48 AM)Shinichi Wrote:  
(01-14-2018 04:08 AM)Danler Wrote:  Why aren't the people who work with magic the most influencent, beautiful and greatest people in the world?

Because not everyone has the same idea of what influence, beauty, and greatness are. People work with magic to achieve their personal goals, and everyone has different goals.

~:Shin:~

I completely agree with Shin here. There is also the need to recognise that magic can only do so much on our physical plane, it still requires the practitioner to do things to support the opportunities and foundations provided through working magic. You won't make millions doing a money spell and then sitting on your arse playing Call of Duty or watching tv all day.
01-15-2018, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 05:30 PM by almightysemiwizard.)
i believe you can definetely use magic to help create wealth. maybe people who manage it are not speaking about it much.
01-16-2018, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2018 05:09 AM by The Laughing Mandrake.)
Largely because every witch, sorcerer, mystic, seer, and magician will have different goals, different abilities and specialties, and different definitions.

Some people disregard wealth or see it as none important. Some do. Same goes with social power and physical attractiveness. Either way, you're not successful unless you're actively making changes to yourself, and manifesting the small things in order to make whatever goals a reality.

Now, that said, it's fine to not want to be some super wealthy, beautiful, influential person, but there is also those basement dwelling edgelords who use that sort of rare non-desire for those things as an excuse for their claims of being powerful while living in their parents basement.

One of the craziest occultists I know is homeless, yet the man never has a single problem in his life. He's happy, and just manifests things he needs, and lives as a bum. A brilliant soul though. Anyways, this cat one time proved to me he could manifest something when I was enjoying some whiskey with him (I make friends with a large number of squatters and homeless folks and treat them pretty often, given they can be valuable help and aids), and he asked if I wanted to see him manifest something. I said sure, and he said in an hour a cop would arrive accross the street and get a person. He just grinned and took another sip of that mug of whiskey and we continued hanging there for quite a while. Sure enough, like clockwork, some poor sap gets tagged by a security guard across the street, who tases the guy. He's done this stuff on other occasions too.

Lobster (This guys name) is one of the most talented people I met at manifestation, and he's really familiar with chaos magick and Thelema. He's also poor as hell. He could probably have wealth if he wanted to, or perhaps he sacrificed that possibility for his power.

Either way, he's a great example to what I was saying.

Me personally, I just am enjoying my twenties with the social ability I learned, physical attractiveness fate gifted me, and always enough to get by and reach my means. Independence and no obligations to a person. I don't really care for excessive wealth, and I may even at some point in the next few years, retreat to the woods for some time with some fellow pagan anarchists to give that a go.

Who knows? I'm happy and not that concerned on certain things now that I realize my autonomy and personal liberty, skills and personality are all I need to survive well enough to do what I enjoy, and the days are for completing my goals and not wasting on trivial bullshit. Defending the land and earth (And the spirits) to the best of my ability and where I can, fighting for the oppressed, developing skills for surviving outside the empire, pissing on authority. The ignition of my soul in day to day living and mediumship, rather than transcendence or enlightenment (Neither appeals to me).

- ♄ - An Anarchist, Hedge Crosser, Spiritual Ecologist, and Hobb-worker.

The Beast-soul'd of the wilderness shall meet with the wolves;

Where the satyr cries to his kin;

Where the owl-wight dwells;

A simple place of rest.
01-16-2018, 05:36 AM
I wasnt going to reply to this post, because this question comes up alot on here...
But nevertheless, i feel compelled to say something i suppose...
As having pondered this question alot myself, i have come to the conclusion that it is simple.
The concept of "magic" or "magick" or the "occult" carry certain grandiose connotations. Whether we agree with them or not is minutia. The fact is, is that there isn't anything magic about magick to someone in the exoteric realm. EVEN as practitioners and dabblers alike find magick to become mundane, tedious, and all together boring.
I'm well aware some will disagree.....get in line.. -_-
As for the premise of the question.. You tell me Danler, since you dabble in the "occult" do you find yourself to be beautiful or awesome? This question is subjective of course. But where do you direct most of your energy?
I'm sure since you seem like such an intelligible person, it is more towards developing yourself, not your pockets...
So in a nutshell, as to not be a windbag...
WE ALL practice magick, whether aware or not. Every human action is a magickal action. Those of you "in the know""" Learn the ability to direct the will, desire, passion into a stream of energy, to intermingle with the true Will, IE laws of the universe etc. So where you direct this stream of energy of sorts, is where you will have results. AND thats what makes magick, Magic.. RESULTS!!!
bless

When you find yourself getting upset, Maybe it is because it's the truth....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Planetary Magic vs Enoquian Magic Raziel Fire 35 3,343 07-20-2016 02:43 AM
Last Post: Orismen
  Spill / Ogham Magic spell magic. juledianwindrider 7 1,000 06-11-2016 11:40 AM
Last Post: Feywer96
  Know Thyself-To do magic is to realize that you are and can do magic Martinez 10 2,217 01-09-2016 04:34 PM
Last Post: Martinez
  Vulgar and Coincidental Magic - Great results? (Chaos Magic thread) Vitus Lazarus 3 2,065 10-09-2012 07:05 PM
Last Post: Vitus Lazarus
  Red / Combat Magic (Chaos Magic thread) Vitus Lazarus 4 1,822 10-04-2012 05:58 PM
Last Post: Vitus Lazarus