Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magical Food
12-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Are there any foods that could increase magical energy in rituals? I'm talking about consumption and/ or offerings. If noodles make your rituals have a 99% success rate, I want to know what brand and how you cook them. If foods low in sodium and high in fat add to magical workings somehow, I want to know. Or, if I'm talking nonsense, I want to know haha.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Herbs and spices taste great.

EAT SALT you can die without it a lot faster than with it.
12-06-2016, 02:40 AM
No foods are more magical then others. Some are more healthy then others. Some are more or less grounding then others (salt, oils, meat, chocolate ect would be examples of grounding foods).

There are not short cuts to magic where you eat certain foods or buy a certain crystal and now you have more power. Only way to build more power is through work and experience.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-15-2016, 12:23 PM
Whilst I agree there is no quick fix, there are dietary proscriptions and restrictions in many traditions, including vegetalismo, curanderismo, that can indeed help fortify ones spiritual power.
12-16-2016, 03:21 AM
(12-15-2016 12:23 PM)JintheNinja Wrote:  Whilst I agree there is no quick fix, there are dietary proscriptions and restrictions in many traditions, including vegetalismo, curanderismo, that can indeed help fortify ones spiritual power.

I study and practice vegetalismo and I work as a curandero.

The diet does not fortify your spiritual power. It is actually a process of weakening yourself so that you become more sensitive to outside energies and this allows you to connect with the plant spirits more easily. When dieting you are actually in a much more vulnerable state.

Completing a diet gives you a new spirit ally, and so then you are building strength by dieting. This isnt because of the food though - this is because of the plants you are forming alliances with. The diet itself will weaken you.

The diet is also used for purification. Cleaning your energy. While dieting you are still more sensitive and vulnerable, but this sensitive and vulnerable state is conducive to healing and cleansing work.

12-16-2016, 06:14 AM
Those two things seem to have at least one thing in common. Ismo.
12-16-2016, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 06:31 AM by JintheNinja.)
I agree Artis. It's a semantic argument. Purification is akin to spiritual power, in MY opinion. Also in the opinion of many curanderos. Dietary restrictions can be temporal or they can be life long practices. Spiritual fortitude isn't physical health, and I never claimed it was, in fact many threads and a year or so ago I was furiously trolled for saying they weren't inherently linked.

And as an Espiritista I don't really find that much curanderismo in your work travsha, maybe more chamanismo Gringo.
12-16-2016, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 06:53 AM by The Artis Magistra.)
(12-16-2016 06:30 AM)JintheNinja Wrote:  I agree Artis. It's a semantic argument. Purification is akin to spiritual power, in MY opinion. Also in the opinion of many curanderos. Dietary restrictions can be temporal or they can be life long practices. Spiritual fortitude isn't physical health, and I never claimed it was, in fact many threads and a year or so ago I was furiously trolled for saying they weren't inherently linked.

And as an Espiritista I don't really find that much curanderismo in your work travsha, maybe more chamanismo Gringo.

Romans 14
1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on his opinions. 2For one man has faith to eat all things, while another, who is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The one who eats everything must not belittle the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted him

4Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. 5One man regards a certain day above the others, while someone else considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

6He who observes a special day does so to the Lord; he who eats does so to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone, and none of us dies to himself alone.

8If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
_
1 Corinthians 9:22
To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men, so that by all possible means I might save some of them.
_
Mark 7:14
14Once again Jesus called the crowd to Him and said, “All of you, listen to Me and understand: 15Nothing that enters a man from the outside can defile him; but the things that come out of a man, these are what defile him.”

16If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

17After Jesus had left the crowd and gone into the house, His disciples inquired about the parable. 18“Are you still so dull?” He asked. “Do you not understand? Nothing that enters a man from the outside can defile him,

19because it does not enter his heart, but it goes into his stomach and then is eliminated.” (Thus all foods are clean.) 20He continued: “What comes out of a man, that is what defiles him. 21For from within the hearts of men come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery,22greed, wickedness, deceit, debauchery, envy, slander, arrogance, and foolishness.

23All these evils come from within, and these are what defile a man.” 24Jesus left that place and went to the region of Tyre. Not wanting anyone to know He was there, He entered a house, but was unable to escape their notice. 25Instead, a woman whose little daughter had an unclean spirit soon heard about Jesus, and she came and fell at His feet.

26Now she was a Greek woman of Syrophoenician origin, and she kept asking Jesus to drive the demon out of her daughter. 27“First let the children have their fill, He said. “For it is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.” 28“Yes, Lord,” she replied, “even the dogs under the table eat the children’s crumbs.”

29Then Jesus told her, “Because of this answer, you may go. The demon has left your daughter.” 30And she went home and found her child lying on the bed, and the demon was gone.

____

22And a Canaanite woman from that region came to Him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is miserably possessed by a demon.” 23But Jesus did not answer a word. So His disciples came and urged Him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel [/b](Children of Israel/B'nei Israel)[/b]).” 25The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said. 26But Jesus replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27“Yes, Lord,” she said, “even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.” 28“O woman, Jesus answered, “your faith is great! Let it be done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour. 29Moving on from there, Jesus went along the Sea of Galilee.

lol I'm highlighting so many things there.
12-16-2016, 06:57 AM
(12-16-2016 06:30 AM)JintheNinja Wrote:  I agree Artis. It's a semantic argument. Purification is akin to spiritual power, in MY opinion. Also in the opinion of many curanderos. Dietary restrictions can be temporal or they can be life long practices. Spiritual fortitude isn't physical health, and I never claimed it was, in fact many threads and a year or so ago I was furiously trolled for saying they weren't inherently linked.

Purification is not the same as spiritual power. Sometimes they can be related, but not always.

For curanderos there are no life long restrictions of food that I have ever heard of, and I have sat with many teachers in South America. Some people are told personal restrictions that have more to do with personal food allergies, but that is not the same as the practice of dieta.

When dieting and doing restricted diets curanderos consider themselves weaker and more vulnerable to attack. They are also at the same time more energetically pure - this is a cleaning process where you are temporarily weakened as part of the cleansing. During dieta curanderos are easier to attack and some of them will even stop working on clients during their diets because they are too weak to do healing work.

As for saying there is no curanderismo in my work - how would you even know? You have never once seen me work and I doubt you have much clue to the specifics of my work.

But if you are talking about the practice of dieting - I have done many diets with a number of different plants in the Shipibo and mestizo traditions of vegetelismo.

12-16-2016, 07:03 AM
Anything else you can write about your practices and experiences in detail which you believe give you authority on whatever topics? Again, reading that as sarcasm isn't correct, I'm practically never sarcastic in the usual way or saying things like that, I just want to know all the things a person might say which give them various forms of authority to back up their statements and I'd also like to know about the practices, and the authorities behind the authority given, like the individuals who were seated nearby or whatever and why they have authority or how they got it and what they do. This is a phenomenon of interest to me, it exists in martial arts communities as well.

I am not doubting or denying anything you say or its validity. You could say anything. You have said things too.

So what are all kinds of statements you can make which prove your point and up your authority on the matters. One of them I noticed is "I have sat with many teachers in South America". That was a good one, I liked it, but I'm looking for even more if you can provide them. I am again not mocking you or being sarcastic. This is actually important to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Local Food restrictions Wizardforumer 11 1,138 03-06-2017 09:37 AM
Last Post: niburulou
  School Food. TheKid 11 705 12-30-2016 01:38 PM
Last Post: thwomp1759
  Thailands food xXxAlphaxXx 9 1,122 09-19-2015 06:32 AM
Last Post: HellBlazer
  Magic... with food? Nue 16 1,202 07-12-2015 12:45 AM
Last Post: Orismen