Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Magistris Tempus- The Masters of Time
03-29-2015, 10:15 PM
This is a continuation of this thread. This is our research thread. This group is open to the general public so anyone that wants to be a part of this can join in.
Alright, let's jump right in.
How should we view time?
Well, I like this representation of it because it makes sense to me.
[Image: 250px-World_line.svg.png]
This shows how past present and future may be represented to the observer from a physical point of view. This is two dimensional space depicted in three dimensional spacetime. Time and space sort of "merge" with Einstien's Special Relativity, and I believe even in general relativity. With this, we can say the faster you're moving through space, the faster you're passing through time. This is weird, but if you're on a space shuttle going really fucking fast you can kind of "go forward" in time. This has actually been observed with a fast airplane and an atomic clock but I don't remember the name of the experiment. Although time appears to have direction to us, the laws of physics don't specifically denote a direction of time, so like chemical reactions, things can proceed both in a forward and reverse direction.
Deities Associated with Time
We have few gods to work with here. Most of them are Greek. We have Cronus, Aion, and Geras from the Greek Pantheon, as well as Heh from the Egyptian Pantheon. If anyone else has any gods we can work with, it would be a great help.

[Image: OyYiLJI.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2015, 10:21 PM
Fotamecus seems to be a good choice, we could, with his help create a godform that allows us to remember when we change the past.

Cronos is the god of LINEAR time, I highly doubt he wants us to learn how to manipulate it
03-29-2015, 11:17 PM
(03-29-2015 10:21 PM)thatrandomguy Wrote:  Fotamecus seems to be a good choice, we could, with his help create a godform that allows us to remember when we change the past.

Cronos is the god of LINEAR time, I highly doubt he wants us to learn how to manipulate it

Haha, you're correct. I really couldn't find a god of nonlinear time. That wasn't as much of a concept back then I guess. But I like the godform idea.

03-29-2015, 11:19 PM
Other than that, we should probably get Into the regular theory too, relativity, black holes.

If an object ceases to move down to its very atom, how differently will time affect it?
03-29-2015, 11:23 PM
(03-29-2015 11:19 PM)thatrandomguy Wrote:  Other than that, we should probably get Into the regular theory too, relativity, black holes.

If an object ceases to move down to its very atom, how differently will time affect it?

But will we need that? I think all we'll need is a decent understanding of how time sort of flows, so we can move through it astrally and inaction changes.

Now picture this: we somehow formulate some really dense slow moving thoughtforms that move through time slower than ourselves. Then when a change happens it happened in the past even though you created it now.

It seems really hard but if we're moving faster than we'll be farther ahead in time. I think.

03-29-2015, 11:34 PM
That could actually work, should be our first experiment.
03-30-2015, 12:04 AM
(03-29-2015 11:34 PM)thatrandomguy Wrote:  That could actually work, should be our first experiment.

I say we start by making the godform to keep our thoughts secure.

03-30-2015, 12:06 AM
I would say the God of non linear time would be of some sort of astral diety of acension. Breaking free of the physical and living in the timeless Etheral relams. Becoming one with all and never ceasing, existing, or being unless your will is strong enough to deny reality.

~best regards.
╟▲KyFixorus the Wise▲╢
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2015, 12:20 AM
(03-30-2015 12:04 AM)Fronin Wrote:  
(03-29-2015 11:34 PM)thatrandomguy Wrote:  That could actually work, should be our first experiment.

alright, should we just scry the sigil from fotamecus? or would you like to have us make the godform from scratch.
03-30-2015, 12:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2015 12:26 AM by Fronin.)
(03-30-2015 12:20 AM)thatrandomguy Wrote:  
(03-30-2015 12:04 AM)Fronin Wrote:  

alright, should we just scry the sigil from fotamecus? or would you like to have us make the godform from scratch.

I don't have a relationship with him myself, but you can if you want. I had a simple sigil in mind already.
EDIT: I just had a thought. Maybe an earth element involving Ghob. That's concrete and strong. It could last. Maybe that should be incorporated.

(03-30-2015 12:06 AM)Kyfixorus Wrote:  I would say the God of non linear time would be of some sort of astral diety of acension. Breaking free of the physical and living in the timeless Etheral relams. Becoming one with all and never ceasing, existing, or being unless your will is strong enough to deny reality.

Have any spirits in mind?