Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mapacho Tobacco
11-11-2016, 04:51 AM
(11-11-2016 02:29 AM)travsha Wrote:  Tobacco is the king of plants. Possibly the most versatile and useful plant spirit of all. Some shamans heal with just tobacco and nothing else - I am actually thinking of apprenticing to one of those in the next few years if I can save up enough....

The snippit you copied of someone curing tobacco in a really complicated manner does not sound like what most people are doing down there to me.... Maybe that was a certain tribal way of doing it. From what I hear they usually just use the Aguardiente (alcohol from sugar cane) to sterilize it and then they dry it for a long time in large bundles. I bet you could do all other types of things to it t make it taste different or add your own energy/intention to it, but most shamans I met just buy whatever mapacho is in the market - and for the most part it all seems to be the same quality (some is fresher or older, but not really different). You can buy a pack of 100 mapachos for about $3 all handrolled, so they are very cheap. I think you could look up recipes on how to cure any tobacco and if you find one using alcohol to sterilize and then drying it properly you could attempt that with the mapacho and see how it goes.

If you are not ingesting it you may not need to cure it perfectly to get a decent product. If you are just spreading the leaves as offering then it might not matter if it is cured perfectly.

There are many ways to use tobacco. Obviously there is smoking it, and someone else mentioned rappe which is a powdered dry snuff (amazing stuff). There is also rapote where you soak the leaves in water and snort the water (like a liquid rappe but stronger). You can also drink a tea made from the leaves to induce a purge. Some tribes also make a syrup that they suck on in their mouths, or make a paste that is rubbed on the skin. And sometimes the leaves are sprinkled as offerings or tied up in little pouches used for protection and offerings.

Tobacco is an amplifier of intention and also a vehicle for intention. When you smoke it your thoughts and intentions are amplified and taken to the Spirits. That is why it is so harmful when used mindlessly and habitually - just imagine someone on their smoke break at work thinking about how stressed they are about bills and how much they hate their boss or job - then all that gets amplified! But used mindfully it can amplify your prayers and carry your intentions through ceremony space.

It also specializes in teaching protection, cleansing, heart opening, magic and healing, and is great for helping you connect with all other spirits.

So the spirits were getting spammed with all sorts of intentions back when smoking became very popular? Or did something else need to be done? There are some people who smoke natural tobacco cigarettes, I guess one should stay out of their thoughts if possible and avoid knowing them at all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2016, 09:46 AM
(11-11-2016 04:51 AM)The Artis Magistra Wrote:  So the spirits were getting spammed with all sorts of intentions back when smoking became very popular? Or did something else need to be done? There are some people who smoke natural tobacco cigarettes, I guess one should stay out of their thoughts if possible and avoid knowing them at all.
Spirits can hear intentions without tobacco too - tobacco just amplifies and empowers it. I also dont think spirits would expect anything like spam - spirits dont experience things the way we do. Kinda a funny thought though.

If by Natural tobacco you mean American Spirits - those actually arent natural or organic even though the label says they are.... They are being sued by the FDA for their labeling actually. They have a lot of additives. But even without additives there is still something to be said for how the plant is grown, where it is grown, and who grows it - all these thing effect the final product in some ways.

I dont know how one would stay out of their thoughts.... I think you are kinda missing the point a little bit. The point is that habitual use and intentional use of tobacco are two totally different things. I actually know people who healed their regular tobacco addiction using mapacho.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2016, 11:45 AM
(11-11-2016 09:46 AM)travsha Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 04:51 AM)The Artis Magistra Wrote:  So the spirits were getting spammed with all sorts of intentions back when smoking became very popular? Or did something else need to be done? There are some people who smoke natural tobacco cigarettes, I guess one should stay out of their thoughts if possible and avoid knowing them at all.
Spirits can hear intentions without tobacco too - tobacco just amplifies and empowers it. I also dont think spirits would expect anything like spam - spirits dont experience things the way we do. Kinda a funny thought though.

If by Natural tobacco you mean American Spirits - those actually arent natural or organic even though the label says they are.... They are being sued by the FDA for their labeling actually. They have a lot of additives. But even without additives there is still something to be said for how the plant is grown, where it is grown, and who grows it - all these thing effect the final product in some ways.

I dont know how one would stay out of their thoughts.... I think you are kinda missing the point a little bit. The point is that habitual use and intentional use of tobacco are two totally different things. I actually know people who healed their regular tobacco addiction using mapacho.

Cool! I wasn't (hopefully) missing the points, I was just poking a little fun at some things!
Find all posts by this user
11-12-2016, 02:31 AM
(11-11-2016 11:45 AM)The Artis Magistra Wrote:  Cool! I wasn't (hopefully) missing the points, I was just poking a little fun at some things!

Ok, that makes more sense then! lol

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tobacco Gator 3 1,262 05-12-2014 06:41 AM
Last Post: Absinthe