Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meditation Begining
05-14-2018, 07:21 PM
Hello,

I were looking on this forum but I couldn't find answer. Can you write me how to begin with meditation? I want to start practice magic but I read I should meditate and I don't know how to start and how I should do it.

Thank you very much for answers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2018, 09:19 PM
There are many types of meditation, one you're mostly concerned for general practice is gnosis meditation. Simplest way to describe it:
Turn off any electronics - computer, phone, radio, TV, any and all disturbances (especially if you want to do a longer session);
Sit or lay down in a comfortable position, wearing loose, comfy clothes;
Begin to relax, don't rush, take your time and ease yourself into a kind of pre-sleep state, but keep your mind awake;
The key with gnosis is try and not think anything, just be aware; True gnosis is very difficult to reach and gnosis-like experience doesn't happen overnight, so be patient and practice at least 10-20 minutes every day, make it a habit. Best time is every morning, just after you wake up, also right before sleeping if you're not too tired to keep your mind awake and not completely fall asleep. You want your body to do that, not your awareness. I hope this helps somewhat to get a better picture.

05-14-2018, 09:58 PM
Thank you for answer
05-15-2018, 10:37 PM
Step 1 - Sign up for a month at Headspace.

Step 2 - Practice the guided meditations until you feel confident with them.

Step 3 - Ditch Headspace and Carry on with what you've learned there, without the guide.

Step 4 - gradually increase the amount of time you sit for by 5 minutes as your confidence and ability grows.

Step 5 - Try other shit.
05-16-2018, 08:40 PM
I agree with the advice above but I'd personally say YouTube is pretty good. Haven't used Headspace and it's probably well set up for your needs but you can still do a lot with YouTube. Guided meditations are brilliant to get you going and practise the skillset of going into trance, relaxation and visualisation, but just try not to let them be a crutch,, it can be all too easy to get stuck depending on them if you don't practice under your own steam in between

A pebble at the source of the Nile and all the world is changed.
Precision beats power, and timing beats speed.
05-17-2018, 03:29 AM
I’d say that breath meditation is a good point to start. If you want to be walked through the process, YouTube has plenty of guided meditations. There’s an app called Headspace I recommend for their starter series on breath meditations. If you come to like their stuff, you can get their subscription for pretty much every meditation out there but it’s not necessary considering YouTube has everything for free.

There is one real moral in this world when you think about it, and it's called "Don't Be A Dick".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dark Energy Meditation Azriel 31 2,051 02-05-2018 12:15 AM
Last Post: Dusk
  Good Beginner Meditation Technique Shadow 36 11,776 02-01-2018 11:44 PM
Last Post: Semblance
  The Beginner’s Guide to Meditation Fronin 1 292 01-24-2018 01:22 PM
Last Post: Lux
  Meditation: A Comprehensive Guide Vortex Fortitude 0 392 11-25-2017 08:58 AM
Last Post: Vortex Fortitude
  Deep Meditation and the Path to Becoming the Dreamer. DoubtfulScholar 11 876 09-17-2017 11:56 PM
Last Post: Shinichi