Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Garden Revamp Project
12-30-2016, 03:35 AM
(12-30-2016 02:05 AM)HighColonic Wrote:  So I just watched the video, and Ryen you have made my day bro. You are officially bredren in my eyes.
I had no idea the city provides soil, makes you think differently about all the bozos who use excuses not to do this. There are good people who do good things for us in government as well as the bad ones. As above so bellow.

Anyways. You know I'm bout to be up your ass now and sending you pictures of my shit too right?
I'm definitely going to send you some yuca. Pa k te siembras algunas.

And I didn't catch what variety of guandules you are going to plant.

Man I had no idea either until I did the master gardener program. That class made me realize all the free awesome resources the government gives us that we have no idea about (At least in the US). Like you mentioned, with that kind of resource there is absolutely no reason why one can't get started with a garden. Besides that its just some labor, seeds and water.

I get on my friends here all the time about how lazy they are. So many people talk about "fuck monsanto" and "organic everything" but don't want to take the one step that make all those issues disappear.

IF EVERYONE GREW THEIR OWN FOOD, WE WOULDN'T NEED GMO'S

Something that motivates me to do this is so I can be a walking testimony of the possibilities we have with things like this.

Send some pics! I'll PM you my email. I also got a few things I can send your way to.

As far as the gandules (Pigeon Peas in english, for those who may not know), not sure the exact variety. I have two types, one that grows all year, and one that's seasonal. They both are the greenish, brown type. I haven't grown any yet but my grandparents say they grow really fast (they gave me the seeds)

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2016, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2016 06:43 PM by JintheNinja.)
I totally agree with high, it's fantastic you're doing it, and I am really impressed with the initiative in doing a master gardener course.

Definitely do try to have some herbs around for your spiritual practice, save you money and trips to the botanica.

You can do ipomoea purga, but you have other options as far substitutions go. It should weather there nicely, and you can may be able to get some free seeds from a neighbor or a relative since they're rather prolific.

You can do apasote, herba abre Camino (eupatorium), Rompey saraguey (chromoleana), Ruta, lemongrass, maybe even anamu (petiveria), passionflower vine (may pop), Yerba Bruja (bryllophyllum) and downy jasmine in your growing region. I am sure if you asked around you could get seedlings, seeds and cuttings.

I can't believe how much yardage you guys have, Our back garden is long and narrow. And front is communal.

Again great work on this! looking forward to pt 2.
12-30-2016, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2016 11:20 PM by HighColonic.)
@Ryen, yeah all people do is bitch, because they are to lazy to think about a solution, and than even more lazy to put the solution in action. I agree with every thing you said.
Please do send me your email.

@jin As always a great help in the botanical section. I'm going to try to grow a few you mentioned, if I can find the seeds. I have lemon grass, ruta, and jasmine. But I'm going to definitely try to find the others you mentioned while I'm here. After I post this, they will be written down.

I also await part 2

When you find yourself getting upset, Maybe it is because it's the truth....
12-30-2016, 11:49 PM
@Jin Thanks for the response! Thinking about it, I was growing morning glory before, and when I went to go pull them out bc the vines dried out, I noticed the roots looked just like High John. It didn't click in my head at the moment that they are in the same family.

I'm going to see if I can source of of those plants. I wonder if there's a website dedicated to selling seeds for plants used in spiritual practice (if there's not that's a good biz idea!). And yeah, the older houses out here got a decent amount of yard space. There about 30-40 feet between each house and the backyards go out about another 30-40 feet. The newer developments suck though. The houses are soooo close together. You can hear your neighbor fart.

@High If I find anything for planting, I'll put some seeds aside to send you a care package. I'm gonna PM you right now.

12-31-2016, 12:33 AM
I have about the same yard layout as ryen. And I rent it... so I can't go ham, even though it would be an improvement -_-

When you find yourself getting upset, Maybe it is because it's the truth....
12-31-2016, 03:29 AM
(12-30-2016 11:49 PM)Ryen Wrote:  I'm going to see if I can source of of those plants. I wonder if there's a website dedicated to selling seeds for plants used in spiritual practice (if there's not that's a good biz idea!).

The Teufelskunst website has a nice collection of seeds:

https://teufelskunst.com/garden/seeds/

Awake becomes
what once was known,
forgetfulness is fleeting.
12-31-2016, 07:29 AM
That's an amazing site Hagen, bookmarked!

I found this for Caribbean herbs
https://www.gonzalezagrogardens.com/coll...all?page=7

And there is Harold over at alchemy works as well.
12-31-2016, 08:32 AM
(12-31-2016 07:29 AM)JintheNinja Wrote:  That's an amazing site Hagen, bookmarked!

I found this for Caribbean herbs
https://www.gonzalezagrogardens.com/coll...all?page=7

And there is Harold over at alchemy works as well.

OOhh, sure, alchemy works, they've got some great seed collection as well!

I've got some Datura Stramonium seeds, the home-grown variety myself, on offer, if anyone wishes a trade. Payment and negotiation would be mostly about shipping costs, more than about anything else, as I don't seek to make any profit from exchanging seeds we can mutually benefit from.

Awake becomes
what once was known,
forgetfulness is fleeting.
12-31-2016, 08:53 AM
@Hagen Awesome link! Thanks alot. They definitely have a nice collection. Especially some rare ones.

@Jin Thanks for that one too. Seems like their based out of Puerto Rico (woot woot!). I like how they have a live plant selection as well.

I gotta see which of all the plants I want will grow here Hehe

Pt. 2 is coming soon. I finished filming the footage for it today.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Garden Plants and their Magical Associations Feywer96 4 229 11-11-2016 05:37 AM
Last Post: The Artis Magistra
  What's in your magical herb garden? Sylvanus 83 5,305 04-28-2016 08:28 AM
Last Post: SirenSong
  Veggie Garden Nerdery SirenSong 4 341 02-03-2016 02:25 PM
Last Post: SirenSong
  Magical Garden Thread Emrys 17 1,614 10-10-2014 11:54 PM
Last Post: darangal
  New Garden! Callfar Stormweaver 3 1,110 07-28-2014 09:43 PM
Last Post: darangal