Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Garden Revamp Project
01-23-2017, 12:01 PM
Looks great man!!!

Come spring I am putting in some Japanese honeysuckle bushes so I can have a steady organic supply for medicine. And a magnolia tree for the same purpose.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Yeah @High looking nice! I'm about to post a bunch of garden stuff. I made the mistake of filming a whole bunch and taking pics but not editing any of it. So now I have a mountain of footage to go through Tounge

On Friday I got 320 lbs of free composted soil from the county! Woot Woot! It was enough to fill a raised bed thats about 10" tall, 10' long, and 3' wide and still have some for potting up some seedlings. About 10 total. Not bad for nothing but like $5 gas and my little focus hatchback. hehe

I plan on going out there at least 3 times this week to get all the soil I need for the whole area. Then I gotta amend the soil with some micro/macro nutrients, some perlite, worm castings and let it sit for about 2-3 weeks before planting the goodies. I always make the mistake to rush into it because of starting late into the spring season and not focus on getting my soil to grade A level. Even going the extra step of doing a soil test before planting to make sure the pH and NPK levels are ok.

@Jin, What do you use the Japanese Honeysuckle for if I may ask?

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
01-23-2017, 02:42 PM
No prob at allSmiling It's An echinacea analogue, it's part of the Chinese formula I mentioned in pm. It's used for clearing heat and toxicity from the body and specifically from the intestines. It's also very cooling, like lemongrass tea, and it's really good for flu as well. The great thing about it, it's as strong as echinacea but you're using the flowers and leaves so it just comes back the next year, instead of harvesting roots and having to replant.
01-23-2017, 02:49 PM
(01-23-2017 02:42 PM)JintheNinja Wrote:  No prob at allSmiling It's An echinacea analogue, it's part of the Chinese formula I mentioned in pm. It's used for clearing heat and toxicity from the body and specifically from the intestines. It's also very cooling, like lemongrass tea, and it's really good for flu as well. The great thing about it, it's as strong as echinacea but you're using the flowers and leaves so it just comes back the next year, instead of harvesting roots and having to replant.

Ah I see! I've heard about it, but about it being an invasive here in FL. I try to avoid bringing invasives, but if it's something easy to stop from spreading it'll be nice to have.

01-23-2017, 03:26 PM
@ryen they're pretty prolific, but they're v. useful for our particular illness, but there are others, cerasee (leaf) is really great, hibiscus, and guava (leaf)- it's a very Carib remedy for the same thing.
02-07-2017, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 03:56 PM by Ryen.)
Some updates...
All plants were sown on January 1st, germinated about a week later. I transplanted half of tomatoes and Cucumbers about 1.5 weeks ago, did the rest today including all Peppers.

As of now, my total plant count is:
8 cucumber
9 Better Boy Tomatoes
5 Roma Tomatoes
21 California Wonder Peppers
23 New Mexico Peppers
12 Kale
8 Romaine Lettuce

I have soooo many pepper plants. Almost 50! I only need like 10. Probably will sell/give away the rest.

I'm going to transplant the lettuce and Kale in about a week. Also going to be planting more seeds by Thursday.

Cucumber Plants - var. Straight 8
[Image: 9TPifLo.jpg]

[Image: PFzPHNN.jpg]

Tomatoes - var Better Boy
[Image: kX79j60.jpg]

[Image: vQ1K8MS.jpg]

Plant Bench
[Image: N7kfCLD.jpg]

Pepper plants transplanted today
[Image: OauLQjv.jpg]

Basil
[Image: ImmWDrG.jpg]

Favorite Fertilizer (5-5-5)
[Image: FtQHhsX.jpg]

Garden Fence pt1
[Image: iFXJSsD.jpg]

Garden Fence finished
[Image: srSGMPP.jpg]
[Image: MunWscZ.jpg]

Raised Bed 1 before (after coming soon)
[Image: Vr9MPk6.jpg]

Free composted soil from county - 325 lbs
[Image: ZbITbWd.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Garden Plants and their Magical Associations Feywer96 4 653 11-11-2016 05:37 AM
Last Post: The Artis Magistra
  What's in your magical herb garden? Sylvanus 83 8,038 04-28-2016 08:28 AM
Last Post: SirenSong
  Veggie Garden Nerdery SirenSong 4 578 02-03-2016 02:25 PM
Last Post: SirenSong
  Magical Garden Thread Emrys 17 2,485 10-10-2014 11:54 PM
Last Post: darangal
  New Garden! Callfar Stormweaver 3 1,377 07-28-2014 09:43 PM
Last Post: darangal