Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Newbie Question] Best book to begin with?
01-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Hiya guys,

I'm new to all this stuff and I'm thinking about reading a book from Crowley or Manly Palmer Hall about what magick is in the common sense and what it is all about.

Any recommendations?
(Please leave out the sacrificial / demon magic a.k.a. black magic )

Christ be with you.
Thank you Angel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2018, 09:40 PM
Depends on what you want to mainly achieve with magic.
01-06-2018, 12:39 AM
Spiritual warfare by blackwitchs is a great book for a beginner and it's very practical it's a 6 month program if you are not sure about it you will find the exercises from the first 1 or 2 month on her youtube channel it's in a play list u could try them out free see if it works for you
01-06-2018, 12:08 PM
Initiation Into Hermetics by Franz Bardon and Sorcerer's Secrets by Jason Miller.

~:Shin:~

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-14-2018, 08:18 AM
^^^ +1 Mr Shins recommendation.

+ The Spirit of Magic - by Virgil - I found to be a lucid read extrapolating upon Bardons seed.

Also this is an informative read to assist calibrating your compass.
Sex Secrets of the Black Magicians Exposed - Ramsey Dukes
https://www.amazon.com/SSOTBME-Revised-e...g=UTF8&me=
(DW the title is OG clickbait + there are free .pdfs floating around on a quick googly search.)
01-14-2018, 09:45 AM
begin with candle invocation and simple candle rituals
Yesterday, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 01:27 PM by Iommis_guitar.)
I'll second what Shinichi suggested. I'll also add New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb and Rufus Opus books if you can find them. Personally I am quite fond of Jason Miller writings and New Avatar Power. They work! Shying away from black magick are you? I'm with those that don't really believe there is a white magick or black magick. Magick is magick...your intent and purpose is what makes it good or dark. But if you are scared of demons then check out New Avatar Power. To my knowledge all of those spirits in it are of "good" origins but don't think for one minute that they can't be as dark or nasty as lots of other supposed "dark spirits"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Book Request Thread JovialMagus 1,578 212,386 01-15-2018 07:29 AM
Last Post: neo8785
  Easy Spiritual Work For Financial Matters - My first book Anima Ianuam 36 3,012 01-11-2018 02:14 PM
Last Post: belphguy
  Newcomb Book of Power(Surprisingly Good.) Thesombra 23 1,562 01-09-2018 05:21 AM
Last Post: The Lunar Hare
  Best practical guide / the one book that you'd recommend BakedPotato 2 485 01-02-2018 03:39 AM
Last Post: NuclearLupine
  new book on curses. belphguy 5 462 12-30-2017 01:36 AM
Last Post: belphguy