Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No contact combat
11-16-2017, 06:03 AM
Out of context this sounds like the most anime shit ever XD. Serously interesting though. Some names of books on occult swordplay have been tossed around here. And I like swords.

I think you mentioned those who aren't exactly intuned don't really get affected by mental shade. Would it be the same for vampire techs to an extent? I'd imagine non believers would be a tad resistant.

Take everything with a grain of salt, and a mound of hope.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2017, 06:38 AM
The things I mentioned are just the basics. High level metaphysical martial arts get a lot more crazy. Wink Those old monsters who have trained for decades can do truly extraordinary things.

As for people getting affected, it really depends on your skill level. It's easy for beginners to fall into Analytical Overlay traps and subject themselves to basic Hypnotic Suggestion, especially while trying to be sensitive to things. That kind of basic influence is very easily resisted by anyone with any basic degree of focus and will power. However, if you have real objective skill, then you're going to affect someone even if they can't feel it and aren't conscious of it. They may just feel themselves getting tired more quickly and not understand why, throwing out excuses about their form that day or what they ate last when they think about it later, but it'll still be your draining technique making them fatigue more quickly while their energy leaks out through holes you poked into their energy body. They may just find it hard to focus, not knowing that it's a mental attack influencing them. And so on and so forth. A good fighter can still kick your ass in such conditions, but such conditions are a huge advantage if you are yourself a good fighter.

Experienced fighters are more resistant because training the physical body to high levels will affect the nonphysical bodies as well (it's all one interconnected system, after all), and metaphysically trained opponents will certainly have their own defensive methods, but it comes down to differences in strength and skill. At the end of the day, if you are either stronger or more skilled at applying your strength in tactical ways, you will win. If they are stronger or more skilled at applying their strength in tactical ways, they will win. That's what martial arts are. You have to find or make opportunities and seize them. This is why even smaller and physically weaker people can defeat bigger and stronger, but less skilled opponents.

You either got dem skillz or you don't. Tounge

~:Shin:~

11-16-2017, 09:39 AM
Shin do you have any top tips fot strengthening innate mental defenses? Shielding is somewhat unreliable. I tend to forget things. I have an amulet but I'd like to be able to rely solely on my own strength

A pebble at the source of the Nile and all the world is changed.
Precision beats power, and timing beats speed.
11-16-2017, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2017 09:56 AM by Shinichi.)
(11-16-2017 09:39 AM)Wylandriah91 Wrote:  Shin do you have any top tips fot strengthening innate mental defenses? Shielding is somewhat unreliable. I tend to forget things. I have an amulet but I'd like to be able to rely solely on my own strength

Master grounding and centering. Really, properly master it, to the point that your mind and emotions and corresponding energies are so disciplined and calm that you remain "centered" and in "the grounded state" all the time. Not a lot of people do this, preferring to just ground and center when they need to, because it is really hard to do. It takes a lot of meditation and discipline to build a state of fortitude where you are always grounded and centered, and the actual techniques become just basic adjustment methods to fix minor problems here and there.

However, the aura is nothing but the outer radiance of the internal energies, colored by your psycho-emotional activity. If you build up your inner fortitude by mastering the grounded state and the centered state, then even if you don't do any real energy work to strengthen and shield your aura, your aura will adjust itself to radiate the inner peace and inner strength that is the grounded state and the centered state. Your aura will, on its own, by radiating your inner fortitude, become reinforced as the natural shield and buffer that it is, so that most basic psychic attacks and even some hard curses just bounce off like they would bounce off of any intentionally created shield. The difference being you don't have to do any extra maintenance on your aura, aside from the basic cleansing it gets when you bathe and the fuel it gets when you eat and all that.

I talk about this a bit in my Fundamental Development, if I can remember it right without checking. The Centering and Psychic Breathing exercises in Fundamental Development are how I developed this fortitude for myself. It was hard doing this instead of mastering the shielding techniques, because I did this while dealing with being an empath, but I'm very happy with the results.

EDIT: also, Bardon's Soul Mirror work and the development of Magical Equilibrium / Equipoise achieves the same kind of fortitude, using the balancing of the elements as the way to achieve that inner fortitude and peace instead of grounding and centering.

11-16-2017, 03:39 PM
Thanks as always for the epic answers Shin Smiling you're a rock Happy

A pebble at the source of the Nile and all the world is changed.
Precision beats power, and timing beats speed.
11-17-2017, 06:24 PM
Pluto, I have some real life mage friends older than me, but we're not in the same town, except that they've got families and work...so...no free time for practicing...I call them time to time to ask them something if it's important but nothing more...
So can you suggest me any psion guilds, please ?
11-18-2017, 02:45 AM
(11-16-2017 03:39 PM)Wylandriah91 Wrote:  Thanks as always for the epic answers Shin Smiling you're a rock Happy

Nah. I'm a thirteen thousand year old spicy tofu. [Image: bq186.gif]

Severus, if you really want to learn how to use energy to augment your physical strength and/or to physically damage others, the best thing you can do is study an Internal Martial Art (Taiji Quan, Xing Yi Quan, Bagua Zhang, Aikido, etc) from a qualified teacher. If you train correctly, with proper guidance, you'll eventually learn how to do things like this:

The video title is mistakenly calling it a Qi Projection, but it is more accurately a Jin (勁 "power," not to be mistaken for 精 "essence") Emission, or a Fa Jin. I can even name some of the specific Jin techniques they are using, since they are described in the first section of The Tai Chi Classics by Waysun Liao. Waysun Liao not only describes how to increase your energy through breathing exercises, and how to turn it into Jin by leading energy to the bones and muscles, but he also describes several different ways Jin can be used - the old men in the above video are demonstrating some of them. Some of the YMAA books by Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming also describe Jin a bit, and how to cultivate it through practice. Martial Yue Fei's 6th Treatise also describes the mystery of Liu He, the Six Combinations, which creates Jin and allows for the effective use of it.

This isn't something easy to learn, but if you're interested in learning it, a good IMA teacher is how you can.

11-18-2017, 04:16 AM
Shin, this video describes exactly what I'm seeking for.
Thank you ! Smiling
11-18-2017, 08:48 AM

Not no contact combat, more moderate invulnerability through intense training.

You see the monks getting stabbed by a trident in the belly and a spear in the neck and a bunch of kids hanging themselves by their throats, I imagine hanging wouldn't work on these guys.

[Image: skull_star_2.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Using energy in combat? Ace 22 3,371 06-25-2012 04:10 AM
Last Post: Hihibanana