Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupations
05-28-2016, 12:34 AM
What makes you think fafsa covers everything? University costs a lot
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2016, 12:36 AM
(05-28-2016 12:22 AM)Seekeroftruth123 Wrote:  Anyone can apply for fafsa. What's the real thing holding you back?

Crippling debts and inflation. I don't want to end up in a trapped situation. I feel like anyone that has a true vocation or passion for something can learn more about that thing by one's own than a class or course could teach. In a way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-28-2016, 02:43 AM
Yup

Why would he want to go to university just to owe 50 k in debts
05-28-2016, 05:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 05:41 AM by Seekeroftruth123.)
Do you enjoy your current job? Above all, what matters most is that you can feel good about what you are doing and feel happy while doing it. True happiness in life come from the joy of living it, not how much debt you are in or how many dollars per hour you make. Unless your job pays so little that you can't afford the bare necessities i see no problem. 50,000 is a small price to pay for your happiness. I think going to college is well worth it. You will be working your whole life. Do you want to spend that much of your life doing something you hate just for the sake of not having to pay off a debt? Or do you want to wake up every morning excited to go to work? If you like to make subs, there's nothing wrong with that. But you shouldn't feel that you must add up financially to any other person after all, some of the wealthiest people are truely miserable, fucked in the head and have never felt love beyond their material things.

Self learned and apprenticeship has a lower statistical chance of getting the job then someone with a degree unless you have connections. I wish it weren't so. I am more qualified for many jobs then those who have the job through their degree. I would make a top of the line history teacher, gemologist, nutritionist, counselor or holistic practitioner. I have hands on experience with this and have read more studies and books then anyone I know who is "educated". Not to mention my charm and personality. This doesn't matter... They still want it on paper.
05-28-2016, 06:15 AM
(05-28-2016 12:03 AM)Feywer96 Wrote:  Jobless; Applying at a local subway. Gotta start somewhere. I would love to study to become an ['official'] Anthropologist, but it costs $, and all that stuff

I too want to dive into the Anthropology field. I get the whole thing about owing money but this is a field that requires formal training. A big part of a career in Anthropology can stem from research projects from the university you study at, not to mention the opportunity to get grants for your your projects.

I've worked as an audio engineer and music producer almost my whole working time, going on 16 years doing this. I never went to school for it, but luckily its a field that self-taught people are respected and sometimes even sought after more than those who spent time and money getting trained.

I personally don't see anything wrong with owing some money to learn, as long as you're picking the right university and the right career. For some fields, formal education is a must. Between fafsa and grants, you can get a decent amount of your tuition paid. Shit, I've seen people cook up a real good video and get money for their education via crowd-sourcing. Even if you only get an extra $5k, that's a load off your back later.

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
06-15-2016, 04:31 PM
I'm working in Internet marketing field and representing BuySellCart website which is about letting people advertise for free about their businesses. I get pretty decent salary which is enough to live a happy life.
06-15-2016, 10:53 PM
I'm an IT Executive by day, Martial Arts Instructor by evening, and by night...

I am the high-magus of the ever-wrong. The more I know, the more I know I don't know - therefore I know nothing.
06-16-2016, 05:36 PM
(06-15-2016 10:53 PM)kenpodragon Wrote:  I'm an IT Executive by day, Martial Arts Instructor by evening, and by night...

Wow, don't you get tired by working day and night? Huh
06-16-2016, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2016 05:47 PM by fixerkitty.)
I read Tarot cards. No seriously, I do. I make enough for pocket money. Friends pay in sushi, drinks at the club, or merch from the booth. Wink Strangers are only as good as their money.

I need to get to Germany as I've got friends there and a job over there if I want it. My German is terrible--parents use it to scare disobedient children--but my friend needs a proofreader who's a native English speaker and I fit the bill. He runs a record label and so I have a feeling there'd be more drinking, clubbing, video game playing, and socializing than actual work. I'm working on getting over there ASAP as I miss him and others. I'm PISSED I can't go to Amphi this year--all my fave bands save four are playing. I can get in with a phone call, despite most of it being sold out. *Getting there* is the problem. :/ I need a passport as mine expired years ago and airfare is FOUR GRAND FOR THE CHEAP SEATS. O.o

Other than that, I spend inordinate amounts of time in doctor's offices because I have multiple autoimmunes. I'm treated, I'm fine--I'm not quite 100% yet but that should be straightened out here in a couple of months. My crap gets neglected or mismanaged, I'm dead. I probably should be on disability but I'm not going to fight Social Security for 18 months just to get $150/month in SSI. I get booked for a party and that's my advance fee. So...

As for food, transportation, and a roof over my head, let me give a shout-out to my folks! I may not particularly *like* them but damn, I really DO appreciate all they've done and still do for me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-16-2016, 06:04 PM
Unemployed after deciding to quit everything to travel the world and enjoy life.
So, I'm now a world (and life) traveler.
I also do write and get money with card readings.

Playing Cards Fortune Teller, PM me if you need a reading