Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off Grid?
12-13-2016, 12:36 PM
The only issue here is the government slowly trying to make being off the grid illegal. Collecting rain water is fucking illegal for fuck's sake.

╔╩═║║╔╗╦║══╩╗════════════╗
║══╠╣╔║║║═══║════════════╚
╣══╝║╚╩╩╚╝══╚╔╗║╦╔╗╦╗╔╗║╦║
╔═╗╔╗║╔╗╔╗║╚╗╠╣╠╣║║║║║║║
╚═╗╠╣║║║╚╝╩║╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╩╝
╚═╝╝║║║║╚║╚╝════════════╔
╚╦═════════╦╝════════════╝
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2016, 10:11 PM
Yeah... Completely retarded. I was a member of a garden club some years back in oregon and a company developed a competing rain water storage collecting containers for rain. MASSIVE ones and coated so algae blooms woundnt form. There were filters and purifiers if you wanted to drink but mostly for lawn and garden usage.

I asked about portland, seattle, and washington and the guy said there are problems there (mostly in the cities). People like to taddle on others and bring officials to shut you down. But rain water? FFS!! And even triming trees that might fall on your house can get you a fine. Or small sheds you build to hold firewood. Fucking nothing is free from fines and govt regulations.

[Image: bear%203.png]
Find all posts by this user
12-14-2016, 03:50 AM
(12-13-2016 10:11 PM)FarhnamDrunk Wrote:  Yeah... Completely retarded. I was a member of a garden club some years back in oregon and a company developed a competing rain water storage collecting containers for rain. MASSIVE ones and coated so algae blooms woundnt form. There were filters and purifiers if you wanted to drink but mostly for lawn and garden usage.

I asked about portland, seattle, and washington and the guy said there are problems there (mostly in the cities). People like to taddle on others and bring officials to shut you down. But rain water? FFS!! And even triming trees that might fall on your house can get you a fine. Or small sheds you build to hold firewood. Fucking nothing is free from fines and govt regulations.

You have to get a lot of permits.

I live in WA and we do have some people here recently building Earthships. Once you get all the right permits they are pretty cool:

12-15-2016, 03:50 AM
(12-14-2016 03:50 AM)travsha Wrote:  
(12-13-2016 10:11 PM)FarhnamDrunk Wrote:  Yeah... Completely retarded. I was a member of a garden club some years back in oregon and a company developed a competing rain water storage collecting containers for rain. MASSIVE ones and coated so algae blooms woundnt form. There were filters and purifiers if you wanted to drink but mostly for lawn and garden usage.

I live in WA and we do have some people here recently building Earthships. Once you get all the right permits they are pretty cool:

Oh wow, thats cool.

Http://Arcanumtarotmagick.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMXvPfa...JzHQSOR0lg
To KNOW, To DARE, To WILL, TO KEEP SILENCE-such are the four words of the Magus! Eliphas Levi.
12-15-2016, 04:53 AM
(12-15-2016 03:50 AM)Magickinqu Wrote:  
(12-14-2016 03:50 AM)travsha Wrote:  

Oh wow, thats cool.

It could be a sweet retirement plan in a lot of ways.... Once you build one of these you can live without any bills or expenses unless you want to have internet or a phone - then you would just have a tiny bill. But no rent, no electricity bill, no food bill..... You could live for free and not have to work if you wanted to, or just do work you love and not worry about how much money you make.... Could be very liberating in some ways.

12-17-2016, 02:23 AM
Property taxes..... My bane.

[Image: bear%203.png]
12-17-2016, 03:32 AM
(12-13-2016 12:36 PM)Shadow Wrote:  The only issue here is the government slowly trying to make being off the grid illegal. Collecting rain water is fucking illegal for fuck's sake.

Indeed, enclosure is the main problem, always has been in a capitalist system.