Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One small step for mankind, one giant leap for a man
02-03-2018, 10:12 PM
I have been interested in astral projection since I read Monroe's Journeys Out of the Body, which both fascinated and scared me. Ever since, I have tried his technique, without success, until my skeptic mind took over. I still believe that the bulk of what is sold nowadays as paranormal is crap, self-delusion, misunderstood statistics, trying to be interesting, or a scam to lift people out of their money, but over the years, I got more and more curious about the real thing. Last year, I decided to make up my own mind about that 1% of phenomena that might be genuine.

I went back to Monroe and practiced every day, got stuck, and moved to Robert Bruce's Mastering Astral Projection manual, taking his 90 days with a grain of salt. His approach to energy work felt good, so I decided to stick with that, even if the rest of the book didn't work for me. The 90 days came and passed, without result. As I have experienced, I am a slow learner, generally, I decided to keep going, and there were a number of eye-openers, as well as areas, like breathing where I found room for improvement.

A couple of months ago, I managed to astrally project out of a lucid dream for the first time, really exciting, but I found myself waking up in another dream. I have not been able to figure out whether this was a genuine astral projection after which I fell asleep, or whether this was all a dream. I'm leaving this one open.

Today, I woke up, remained in bed for a while until I found it unusually easy to focus my mind into a clear trance state. Next thing I knew is I felt myself separating from my body, like a stamp soaking from an envelope, floating up, hearing a humming that is best described by a male voice humming 'aummmmmmm'. I was so excited I expected the experience to end immediately, but instead, I was floating for 10 seconds or so. Afraid for a premature end, I didn't even try to move or look around, just enjoyed the experience, and then found myself back in my body. I am 100% sure I was not sleeping.

There are two thoughts that kept me busy for a while. First, the experience was totally different from what I had expected. Instead of a deep trance, a totally empty mind, harsh vibrations, paralysis, the feeling of being torn from my body, I experienced just a peace and clarity of mind, tranquility, and a kind feeling of separating from my physical body. I am confident this knowing of what to go for will be a tremendous help in practice. Second, I immediately recognized this sensation as something I had experienced before!

So, 7 months after starting MAP, I managed to leave my body. I cannot wait to explore the astral further, develop my astral vision and move around. I expect slow progress, but this first time means a huge boost of my confidence. I cannot remember when I was so excited for the last time, it might have been when I finally passed my driver's license exam.

Feel free to share your thoughts on this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Good man! Your dedication is pretty inspiring. I'm a bit frightened by AP but I'm always happy to see someone achieving something they've been trying. Well done! Would love to hear more about your experiences Smiling also always greet to hear that someone has had their skepticism chased away x'D

A pebble at the source of the Nile and all the world is changed.
Precision beats power, and timing beats speed.
02-15-2018, 10:36 AM
I ruined myself with psychedelics -_-

When you find yourself getting upset, Maybe it is because it's the truth....
02-16-2018, 04:41 AM
(02-03-2018 11:10 PM)Wylandriah91 Wrote:  Good man! Your dedication is pretty inspiring. I'm a bit frightened by AP but I'm always happy to see someone achieving something they've been trying. Well done! Would love to hear more about your experiences Smiling also always greet to hear that someone has had their skepticism chased away x'D

I'm currently trying to replicate 'that feeling' in my daily practice. For lack of a better word, I call it 'bubbly', and it is an energy state which seems to originate from my feet. The biggest obstacle for now is my noisy mind, which is commenting on everything I try. At the moment, I'm very much like "WHY DON"T YOU SHUT UP, I'M TRYING TO PROJECT!!!" BTW, that would make a great bumper sticker, don't you think?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Summong giant. Anything significant about this dream? Morgan 2 531 08-10-2016 07:07 AM
Last Post: Morgan