Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions?
01-11-2017, 01:56 PM
Im new to magick and the occult,and am still learning very much.But I wanted to get some other opinions. I've been reading up on different types of magick. Why would one make deals and pacts with demons, instead of performing ceremonial magick and commanding them? May be a dumb question,But im a newb.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2017, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 03:07 PM by Vitki.)
You shouldnt be working with spirits for a long time.

People work with the various destructive entities for lots of reasons. Normally people talking about it arent really doing anything. Just mind games with their self

Others do it because they are desparate or dumb

And a very very small few do it because they can safely do so and have no other choice.

Here in the western world though demons are all the rage with most wannabes. so every tom dick and sally loves to talk about how they are top demon mage #1
01-12-2017, 12:39 AM
Thanks for your response! I'm just studying for now,I love the Goetia but yes its very intimidating ,would like to find a teacher or mentor to help me advance quick but dont know where to begin.Ive seen alot of your post and you seem to be very knowledgeable so thanks for taking your time to reply!
01-12-2017, 01:17 AM
(01-11-2017 03:06 PM)Vitki Wrote:  You shouldnt be working with spirits for a long time.

People work with the various destructive entities for lots of reasons. Normally people talking about it arent really doing anything. Just mind games with their self

Others do it because they are desparate or dumb

And a very very small few do it because they can safely do so and have no other choice.

Here in the western world though demons are all the rage with most wannabes. so every tom dick and sally loves to talk about how they are top demon mage #1

Very True.

Http://Arcanumtarotmagick.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMXvPfa...JzHQSOR0lg
To KNOW, To DARE, To WILL, TO KEEP SILENCE-such are the four words of the Magus! Eliphas Levi.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2017, 03:45 AM
I get flustered by the demon obsessions sometimes too.
Even if the person is anti-angel, when I recommend local or natural spirits, its like it goes in one ear and out the other.
Everyone wants to work with all these "high-profile" spirits... not understanding that they are too quick to backhand you if you don't fully understand what you're engaging in.

"For, precisely as when our souls are moved by some ordinary cause,
so the soul moves all the members of the body to contribute something
toward the accomplishment of a contemplated work."
- [X]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2017, 04:20 AM
I agree with what amxha has said in her post. Natural spirits are a great way of starting of on ones path and I will also add that ancestral spirits are also something you could consider working with as they would know you the best and can be quite helpful. There is posts about ancestral spirits somewhere in this forum.. search is your friend, and mine Smiling
01-12-2017, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 04:28 AM by XXTh3ButcherXX.)
From what Im gathering is that magic involving demons, seems to be,if not some of the most powerful kind of magic. So one could see why people become so fixated on it. Which Im not only fascinated with evoking demons for my bidding of course lol,I would love to do angel magic as well or deal with my HGA. Im new to it in general,just was wanting to pick some brains....

(01-12-2017 04:20 AM)Invincius Wrote:  I agree with what amxha has said in her post. Natural spirits are a great way of starting of on ones path and I will also add that ancestral spirits are also something you could consider working with as they would know you the best and can be quite helpful. There is posts about ancestral spirits somewhere in this forum.. search is your friend, and mine Smiling

I'll look into that,thank you!
01-12-2017, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 03:22 PM by Vitki.)
Demons by far are not the most powerful spirits. Really demons are on the lower end of the spirit spectrum as far as "power levels" go.

People like working with them because they are easier to summon bc they want to be called here. Never for a good reason though. Most people dont ever actually work with a demon just their own imaginations games.

Demons tend to be more flashy and quick to give you what you ask for (for a price). But if a genuine witch of any level beyond novice, was ever faced with a demon the demon could be put down with next to no effort.

Most (almost all that we can deal with in our worlds) demons are just twisted and corrupted spirits.
01-12-2017, 11:29 PM
You should check out Angelic Grimoire by Rufus Opus wouldn't jump into Goetia until i was more versed in occult. PDF is available around the place.
01-13-2017, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2017 12:06 AM by Imperator.)
Everything vitki said.And also most demons deal with material things like sex,money,power.So,some consider demons the more practical option.

1.Summon demon
2.???????
3. Profit$$$$

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Opinions on chaos magic ? JakeS. 29 1,692 12-14-2015 11:31 AM
Last Post: Cam Revillot
  Opinions on Invocation Sevarn 12 921 12-08-2014 01:47 PM
Last Post: guero