Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other Options
05-06-2016, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 12:18 PM by Ryen.)
It's always seemed to me like there's always been a draw towards people beginning their journey in the occult and spiritual advancement through demons and "darker" material. Don't get me wrong, this suggestion is not to bash on that draw. I just feel like there's a possibility that the lack of access to a solid list of options sometimes restricts individuals from seeing other paths, which can lead to a person falling into limitations within their scope of practices and knowledge.

I don't believe this has been brought up before, but if it has it seems like it has not been implemented. The suggestion is to work together to compile a decent list on the various paths and practices within the occult. Nothing crazy, a title and short description, maybe a book or two that can lead people in a good direction. I think this would help alot of people out tremendously and can offer a central location to quickly learn other options. It could also cut down on the common "what book is good to start with for __? " and even expanding the spectrum of understanding. It can be broken down by regions or type of practice, etc. Could be a neat project if we figure out ways to make it useful. I'm sure we can add even more details to make it sticky worthy.

If enough people are willing to join in on this, I don't mind doing the data entry and text formatting. The hardest thing would be coming up with an accurate list and descriptions. It has to be a good representation of what the path or tradition is really about. The good thing is that there are plenty of members which offers info on different practices that can all be summarized together.

So? Smiling

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2016, 12:22 AM
Definitely interesting idea! So you are saying that there would be a portion of the site where there would be definitions of different religions/paths/practices, right?
05-07-2016, 12:44 AM
Sounds pretty interesting. I don't mind basic information at a fingertip or on a single page or two. I think some people dive in right to wanting a full blooded physical evocation or becoming possessed and taking control of the possession like some DBZ episode.

My first step has been meditating and keeping a journal. Its pretty basic and not so easy for me believe it or not.
05-07-2016, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 01:13 AM by Searcher.)
(05-07-2016 12:44 AM)Bayleaf Wrote:  Sounds pretty interesting. I don't mind basic information at a fingertip or on a single page or two. I think some people dive in right to wanting a full blooded physical evocation or becoming possessed and taking control of the possession like some DBZ episode.

My first step has been meditating and keeping a journal. Its pretty basic and not so easy for me believe it or not.

What have you achieved by meditation ? Im curious about it u dont have to answer if you dont wanna. It was a normal question.
05-07-2016, 01:40 AM
Hoodoo
05-07-2016, 02:52 AM
I've achieved clearing out some of the inner dialog. Not all of it as I'm a damaged mental case, but who isn't? I still get distracted, but there's nothing like just sitting in silence (well relative.... apartment you know). Sometimes I really have to try not to daydream or let that chatter come back in though. Its not easy at all for me and I've been doing it for what almost 4 weeks.
05-07-2016, 10:06 PM
(05-07-2016 12:22 AM)CKARMA10 Wrote:  Definitely interesting idea! So you are saying that there would be a portion of the site where there would be definitions of different religions/paths/practices, right?
It could be as simple as a thread with all the info contained within it, or even a PDF, but yes it would have a bit of info about the different paths.

(05-07-2016 01:40 AM)Mider2009 Wrote:  Hoodoo

Thats where I ended up as well. I wish would've known that it existed before I went off dabbling with everything I could find.

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
05-07-2016, 10:07 PM
Same thing happened to me hundreds or thousands down the drain till I settled on root magic n saint work
05-08-2016, 01:00 AM
Great!
05-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Very good idea. Surely it will aid beginners a lot from following the wrong path due to ignorance and regretting too late. Tips on basic protection rights like LBRP and circle casting included will come in handy for them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Report options xtinguish 12 1,618 02-10-2012 03:52 AM
Last Post: xtinguish