Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other Options
05-09-2016, 10:28 AM
I have a list I've compiled of paths over the year. I'm sure it's missing some stuff, but I'll post it in a dedicated thread within the next day or two.

(05-08-2016 07:58 PM)Ewemagus Wrote:  Very good idea. Surely it will aid beginners a lot from following the wrong path due to ignorance and regretting too late. Tips on basic protection rights like LBRP and circle casting included will come in handy for them.

Maybe the list should be put together by regions. That will allow a small section to be inserted about the common practices of that region in combination with the list of paths. We could insert links to other threads that cover basic things like the circle and LBRP, meditation, sigils, etc. There's plenty of good threads that could be referenced.

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2016, 12:03 PM
>Mediation. It's just a good idea to get in touch with yourself and tune yourself in.

>Do the Ancestor Salute FNP posted on his blog. Once I had a better relationship with my ancestors they started showing me where I should be spending my time and which path to head down. Not only has their guidance added potency to my workings but also a feeling of a peace of mind like "I am heading to where I belonged in the first place."

Check out my Occult Services on The Wandering Fool's Spiritual Supplies and Services.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/242895084/t...e_active_2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2016, 08:57 AM
@Orismen there should definitely be something on meditation.

Telekinesis master. If you need help, pm me.
If you need free help with energy manipulation you can pm me.
Pm me for a free pendulum reading.
05-12-2016, 05:56 PM
I wasted my time on many paths in the past when I could have been working on what I'm doing currently. I think this is a great idea. There are so many possible paths that it's easy for an new person to not initially find the one that would have been the best for them.
05-13-2016, 01:18 AM
(05-12-2016 05:56 PM)Seekeroftruth123 Wrote:  I wasted my time on many paths in the past when I could have been working on what I'm doing currently. I think this is a great idea. There are so many possible paths that it's easy for an new person to not initially find the one that would have been the best for them.

I agree. It's so hard to know what path is best for you until you can compare them side by side.

Telekinesis master. If you need help, pm me.
If you need free help with energy manipulation you can pm me.
Pm me for a free pendulum reading.
05-13-2016, 08:37 AM
Pro tip: Pick a practice and stick to it for a year. You will understand in that time that all true paths lead to the same destination.

(Click to find my site and blog!)
[Image: o98qQ18.jpg]

I serve God with my right hand and the Devil with my left.
05-13-2016, 10:41 AM
(05-06-2016 12:15 PM)sfairon Wrote:  It's always seemed to me like there's always been a draw towards people beginning their journey in the occult and spiritual advancement through demons and "darker" material. Don't get me wrong, this suggestion is not to bash on that draw. I just feel like there's a possibility that the lack of access to a solid list of options sometimes restricts individuals from seeing other paths, which can lead to a person falling into limitations within their scope of practices and knowledge.

I don't believe this has been brought up before, but if it has it seems like it has not been implemented. The suggestion is to work together to compile a decent list on the various paths and practices within the occult. Nothing crazy, a title and short description, maybe a book or two that can lead people in a good direction. I think this would help alot of people out tremendously and can offer a central location to quickly learn other options. It could also cut down on the common "what book is good to start with for __? " and even expanding the spectrum of understanding. It can be broken down by regions or type of practice, etc. Could be a neat project if we figure out ways to make it useful. I'm sure we can add even more details to make it sticky worthy.

If enough people are willing to join in on this, I don't mind doing the data entry and text formatting. The hardest thing would be coming up with an accurate list and descriptions. It has to be a good representation of what the path or tradition is really about. The good thing is that there are plenty of members which offers info on different practices that can all be summarized together.

So? Smiling

The same thing can be said about those who choose to start out on a "lighter" path. I think you worded this in a passive aggressive way so you wouldn't spark another LHP v.s. RHP debate. I'm not saying I want to derail your thread with this but it would be better if you just came out and said that you dislike the lhp.

I'm an Atheist. Get over it.
05-13-2016, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2016 05:12 PM by Rashnu.)
Made this thread a while back Tounge http://wizardforums.com/Thread-Occult-Pa...-Practices it should give a decent list of paths to compare side by side ^-^

In order to Hear, we must Listen; In order to See, we must Look; and in order to Understand we must Want To.
Nature is the teacher of art..
05-13-2016, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2016 09:29 PM by Ryen.)
(05-13-2016 10:41 AM)ignus_fatuus Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 12:15 PM)sfairon Wrote:  It's always seemed to me like there's always been a draw towards people beginning their journey in the occult and spiritual advancement through demons and "darker" material. Don't get me wrong, this suggestion is not to bash on that draw. I just feel like there's a possibility that the lack of access to a solid list of options sometimes restricts individuals from seeing other paths, which can lead to a person falling into limitations within their scope of practices and knowledge.

I don't believe this has been brought up before, but if it has it seems like it has not been implemented. The suggestion is to work together to compile a decent list on the various paths and practices within the occult. Nothing crazy, a title and short description, maybe a book or two that can lead people in a good direction. I think this would help alot of people out tremendously and can offer a central location to quickly learn other options. It could also cut down on the common "what book is good to start with for __? " and even expanding the spectrum of understanding. It can be broken down by regions or type of practice, etc. Could be a neat project if we figure out ways to make it useful. I'm sure we can add even more details to make it sticky worthy.

If enough people are willing to join in on this, I don't mind doing the data entry and text formatting. The hardest thing would be coming up with an accurate list and descriptions. It has to be a good representation of what the path or tradition is really about. The good thing is that there are plenty of members which offers info on different practices that can all be summarized together.

So? Smiling

The same thing can be said about those who choose to start out on a "lighter" path. I think you worded this in a passive aggressive way so you wouldn't spark another LHP v.s. RHP debate. I'm not saying I want to derail your thread with this but it would be better if you just came out and said that you dislike the lhp.

Not at all man. It has nothing to do with disliking anything. My wording is based on my observation of what path most people tend to start out with when getting into the occult. I know plenty of people who wish they would've had the chance to see what other options they had. The fact of the matter is that it seems like the majority of individuals starting with studies and practices are more drawn to darker material. Just look at this forum, it's not often that you see people asking about RHP, but with things like demons and Goetia there's a million posts. It's not about disliking anything, it's just what it is. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I can care less about the LHP vs RHP ordeal, to me theyre one in the same. It's more about options. I just figured it would be neat to have a good list compiled and organized. For a list to be accurate, it has to be unbiased. Which means all sorts of paths will be included, dark to light. Shit, from the darkest of the dark to the lightest of the light. A person may decide that the path theyre on isnt "dark" enough.

I wrote it in a passive aggressive way because I did want to avoid that whole LHP vs RHP nonsense, youre right. But no, I don't dislike any side...

(05-13-2016 04:58 PM)Rashnu Wrote:  Made this thread a while back Tounge http://wizardforums.com/Thread-Occult-Pa...-Practices it should give a decent list of paths to compare side by side ^-^

Great thread there! It could definitely help with some comparing.

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
05-13-2016, 10:31 PM
Hope it helps!

In order to Hear, we must Listen; In order to See, we must Look; and in order to Understand we must Want To.
Nature is the teacher of art..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Report options xtinguish 12 1,401 02-10-2012 03:52 AM
Last Post: xtinguish