Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parapsychology
04-14-2016, 09:38 AM
Anyone know any good schools that offer courses in Parapsychology? I live in California by the way.

Darkness & Light are the same, you decide what you Fear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2016, 08:04 AM
This can be a double edged sword in some ways. I know that there is a "Parapsychological Association" that exists, what they do with regard to research or instruction I am not too sure of, but that may be a starting point for you.

I do know that Psychology professionals would state that there is no such field, hence the "para", but I hope that you find what you are looking for!!!

"I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living" ~ A. N.
04-16-2016, 07:55 AM
I think the Parapsychology Association is the place you need to start, just like SirenSong said.

The Hermit, F.R.C.

"There is nothing so inspiring, so filled with peace, happiness, perfect health, joy, and contentment as the development of the spiritual nature."
- H. Spencer Lewis, founder of the Rosicrucian Order, AMORC. 1915.
04-17-2016, 11:54 PM
http://mindreader.com/

Loyd Auerbach was one of the more prominent parapsychology advocates in the 1980s & 1990s when the field was beginning to look like it had a chance at being accepted into the fold. At that time, Duke University had a fairly respectable parapsychology department but has since become defunct. His website linked above contains links to various education programs.

Today, there's honestly not much you can get from studying this besides a hobby. Contrary to what others continue to attempt I do believe we have hit "the veil" where true scientific investigation and recognition of such phenomena is untenable. Over a century of organized "scientific ghost hunting" has yielded us nothing useful or contributory. This isn't to say that parapsychology is just about ghosts (it is also about ESP, psychism, anything paranormal really), but the main thrust always seemed to be investigating hauntings and in this we have learned absolutely nothing.

*Peace*Infinity*Power*
Ankh-em-Maat
04-18-2016, 11:29 AM
Go to http://parapsych.org/ to get started. Smiling

Telekinesis master. If you need help, pm me.
If you need free help with energy manipulation you can pm me.
Pm me for a free pendulum reading.
04-20-2016, 10:34 AM
Fantastic thank you all for all this information, i think it is more of a hobby really, since my main focus is screenwriting and film production, regardless the occult is like second nature to me, if i can get an associates degree in it, well that would just be amazing.

Darkness & Light are the same, you decide what you Fear.
04-22-2016, 04:49 AM
Look for the Higher Balance Institute on YouTube. They have some videos to help you get started. Tounge
https://www.youtube.com/user/higherbalance

Telekinesis master. If you need help, pm me.
If you need free help with energy manipulation you can pm me.
Pm me for a free pendulum reading.
05-09-2016, 04:47 AM
If i could give any advice to someone who wants to study parapsychology I would say make sure you really understand statistics.

That way you can show when something is actually significant and when it isn't. If you know the math then you can argue the point and then we can hopefully get past the whole "extraordinary claims need extraordinary results" malarky (paraphrasing Carl Sagan and Richard Dawkins).

Basically if someone can predict 12 cards from a deck then that is statistically significant and worth looking into but because of the above statement people think that it isn't worth researching until we find someone who can predict the entire deck... Crying

So I found a reddit thread here that has some good ideas for beginner books.

Hope that helps
Wizrd