Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Phoenix Generators' and Natural Ability
12-21-2016, 07:41 PM
One thing in the psion community that I have always been fascinated with is an idea that a small number of people generate unusually large amounts of psychic energy. Defined in Anka's branch of psionics, psi is created by different nerve clusters in the body, and is distinct from other types of energy such as naturally-occurring ones in nature. The degree of psi generated from this type of person varies greatly.

In creating larger than average amounts of psi, the psion (or presumably anyone involved in magic) has greater resources at their disposal to apply to creating constructs. An example of this would be a shield, an event-manipulation construct, a healing construct, and so on.

One term used in the psion community to describe this type of person is a phoenix generator. Further, there is a practice in the community among some generators to attempt to copy this pattern from their systems onto a student: in doing so, the student can also generate high levels of psi energy, although the failure rate is high as one's systems may not accept it.

I have only met one innate generator in person. I was able to observe them create a few different constructs and felt that the energy emanating from them was impressive. That was my impression at the time, at least.

Thinking about it now, I sometimes wonder to what extent other systems focus on quantifying energy like this in spellwork. Is there any precedent in the system you practice or a system you know of that shares a similar focus? What are your thoughts on it?

"And the soul, if it is to know itself, into a soul must look. The stranger and the enemy, we saw him in the mirror." Seferis
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2017, 05:33 AM
I'm not sure I know anyone I would classify as a "generator," but I do notice a distinct difference in power between the things that I do and the thingsa friend of mine does. As a spontaneous mage, I don't usually have to "gather energy" in order to move it around, I just reach out and touch it like I would touch a physical object. When you say "quantifying energy," do you mean the idea of creating what amounts to non-corporeal machinery? I do not mean to demean the idea, I'm only looking for clarity.
01-18-2017, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2017 02:00 AM by xannie.)
In the system I use now, we are taught a scale to measure energy density of spells. It sounds fluffy, but we have to pass a test using the scale in a series of blind scans to move on to the next grade. The psions who use the generator construct also measure energy to some degree. I am wondering if there are other systems that have a similar approach.

"And the soul, if it is to know itself, into a soul must look. The stranger and the enemy, we saw him in the mirror." Seferis
01-18-2017, 06:59 AM
(01-18-2017 06:56 AM)xannie Wrote:  In the system I use now, we are taught a scale to measure energy density of spells. It sounds fluffy, but we have to pass a test using the scale in a series of blind scans to move on to the next grade. The psions who use the generator construct also measure energy to some degree. I am wondering if there are other systems that have a similar approach.

This sounds very interesting Xannie, what system are you in?
01-18-2017, 07:01 AM
Ah I understand now. Perhaps I'm new at this, but this is the first time I've ever heard of a distinct scale being used to measure Power. May I ask how it works, or ask you to direct me to where I can learn more?
01-18-2017, 07:16 AM
(01-18-2017 06:59 AM)Dr Strange Stuff Wrote:  This sounds very interesting Xannie, what system are you in?

I will send you a pm.

(01-18-2017 07:01 AM)Anastasiya Wrote:  Ah I understand now. Perhaps I'm new at this, but this is the first time I've ever heard of a distinct scale being used to measure Power. May I ask how it works, or ask you to direct me to where I can learn more?

I think that the general approach is to assign different ratings to a given energy density. You then assign a higher rating to a different density and so on. You then show the different densities in your group according to your rating, and attempt to verify it by having others do blind scans of multiple constructs to see how accurate they are to the rating you intended it to have. Does that make sense?

01-18-2017, 07:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2017 12:25 PM by Greendragonwolfkin.)
Deleted.

I'm crazy, getting crazier.. Trying to figure out how things work and what's possible.Wink
01-21-2017, 06:42 PM
I am a generator, and I have successfully passed on generation qualities similar to mine to students using constructs called amplifiers with a very good success rate.

Amplifiers (or amps for short) are energy constructs that attach to multiple points on the energy system to help gather and transmute energy at progressive levels they otherwise wouldn’t. Amplifiers aren't meant to be a crutch to the practitioner, but rather passively strengthen the meridians and energy centers over time, allowing the amplifier to eventually become obsolete so the practitioner does not become dependent. This allows the magician to focus on other tasks such as shaping and programming the energy and allowing the amp to passively help with generation and density practice.

Without an amp, the energy system draws in what energy it can and processes what it can using energy points on the body, and moves the energy along the meridian systems and out into the auric field, dissipating into the surrounding area. Amplifiers help boost this process artificially, simulating what a more practiced energy system does naturally. This is done with a series of energy constructs that act and function similarly to the natural energy centers on the body by bringing more energy in than what the current system can. Bringing energy in with a natural pull into the energy centers also helps strengthen the energy centers passively by simulating what a normal, regular, healthy level of active practice would do while performing any sort of energetic practice.

The second big part of an amplifier is strengthening the meridians, or energy lines, within the body. Meridians are the natural energy structures that move energy generated at the energy centers on the body from place to place. Using energy to help strengthen the meridians and constructs to create “low pressure” and “high pressure” flow to increase both density and speed of energy movement in the subtle body.

The third major component of an amp is the transmutation of the energy in the system into more usable energy. Most of the energy that flows through the energy system is processed from the surrounding area, and a lot of that energy isn't “clean”, not all energy is equal. Many practitioners follow elemental affinities, fire, water, air, and earth. Amplifiers automatically make these energy transmutations for the system as the energy is being drawn in, and filters out energy that wouldn't be ideal for the system. This function fundamentally increases the quality of the energy produced in the system.

The secondary function of transmutation in an amplifier is using the intrinsic properties of the transmuted energies to get the most out of the energy you are generating. The elements are a great example of energies with opposing intrinsic properties, and using a combination of these energies together allows the amplifier, and the practitioner, to get a strong reaction of energy. An example would be combining the proper flow rate of air energy against earth energy. As these two energies mix, as opposites, they start to destabilize and react, causing more useful energy to be put out than the two energies being put in. this basic reaction can be used on many different levels with many different “kinds” of energy. By focusing this output into the energy system, you complete the circuit of the amplifier and its functionality.

The following chart shows many of the meridian lines and energy centers an amp connects to and uses in its functionality.
http://livinggreenandnatural.com/wp-cont...legend.jpg

[Image: yRw3XcH.gif]
01-22-2017, 02:04 AM
Very interesting post, Karma.

(01-21-2017 06:42 PM)Karma Wrote:  I am a generator, and I have successfully passed on generation qualities similar to mine to students using constructs called amplifiers with a very good success rate.

I have only heard of people from the psion guild claiming to be generators. Your word choice of amps is also very interesting to me. By chance, were you part of that community at some point?

01-22-2017, 02:18 AM
Yeah I went through there at some point, I think most psions have. I wrote up a small guide and resource pool as well for the different kinds of energies I use for my amps.

Open source Tech, optimizing energy constructs with emergent and intrinsic properties of specific kinds of energy at different ratios and how their interactions work together. This allows you to essentially do a magickal act without investing any will over a very long period of time. Using the metal like energies to create a shield or reinforce the energy system allows protection without any active intent, as an example.

By using energy samples that already have properties geared towards protection we can further refine them down by mixing them in specific quantities, just like a Smith mixes metals to gain exact and desired effects. See the energy links below for an example of this process and how it was done. Feel free to copy any of the samples and the machine itself.

__energetic metal samples and the machine used to refine them__
Base energy samples *here*, 11 base components
First set of optimized transmutations *here*
Second set *here*
Third set *here*
Fourth set *here*
Fifth set *here*
Sixth set *here*
Seventh set *here*
Eighth set *here*
Ninth set *here*

Mechanics *here*

Different energies react differently with other energies. As an example, air and fire are complimentary, fire and water are contradicting. Fire and water destroy each other in a volatile reaction. By refining and harnessing this reaction, we can create powerful outputs of energy to automatically enhance and fuel our works. Feel free to copy any of the samples and the machine itself.

__energetic alchemy, reactive energy sets for creating amplifiers and boosting energy outputs and the machine that refines them__
Base energy samples *here*, 8 base components
First set of optimized transmutations *here*
Second set *here*
Third set *here*
Fourth set *here*
Fifth set *here*
Sixth set *here*
Seventh set *here*
Eighth set *here*
Ninth set *here*
Tenth set *here*
Eleventh set *here*
Twelfth set *here*

Mechanics *here*

By combining these concepts with servitors within the energy system, we can create a power raising ritualized tool without any active intent that functions for years without deteriorating. These kinds of energy interactions and how they are applied is the base concept behind amplifiers.

[Image: yRw3XcH.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My "natural talent" Yoda 27 3,108 01-04-2017 08:58 AM
Last Post: Yoda