Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Phoenix Generators' and Natural Ability
06-21-2017, 05:39 PM
(06-21-2017 09:34 AM)HellBlazer Wrote:  Do you seriously believe the stuff you write?

I am just describing the belief system in Anka's branch of psionics. I find it interesting and the thread was intended to ask how other systems might try to measure the energy on a spell. For example, how do others determine if something is an effective spell? Through trying to sense it? Through results alone?

I believe that some kind of transfer from Anka to the student when he imparts the "generator" construct onto them. Do I think it is exactly what Anka describes? No, probably not.

I think maybe I have not been very clear on the intent for this thread. Sorry if I offended you. Mad

"And the soul, if it is to know itself, into a soul must look. The stranger and the enemy, we saw him in the mirror." Seferis
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 11:56 AM
Consider that "constructs" are just mental models of something. They do not exist as real things, just ideas. So there are no "generators" or anything like that. I read ANKA's stuff a long time ago, about 10 years ago I think. Back at that crap place psions guild. What any form of energy work does is create a false positive feedback loop in your mind. You "feel" the energy which is just a psychosomatic response to a mental stimuli. Such as think the energy is magnetic or warm/cold, etc. Like forming the psi ball and you are plainly told what to feel, so you create this artificial sensation. If this idea is reinforced enough you can induce a visual hallucination such as flaring the psi ball. While in reality you're not doing anything, however this does show a greater mind-body connection if you can induce various sensations within your body. It show a clear line of communication to your subconscious. Thus making all the construct you've created a sigil of sorts. They have shape and intent according to your will.

If you consider drawing energy, you imagine/visualize that a luminous green energy is coming from the earth and entering the soles of your feet. Moving up your legs and giving you a cool but soothing sensation up your spine till it reaches your brain. In which it vitalizes you, relaxing your body and creating higher alertness. You do this each day and every day till the very thought of the act induces the effect. What you done is programmed your mind to create a mental trigger which alters your state of mind. You trigger more alertness and induce relaxation. It's all similar to tummo or even the kundalini awakening. You've reinforced and strengthen an idea till it has produced the intended effect within you.

It's a lot like thinking there is a bug crawling on you, think about it enough and you will "feel" the bug. Even though there is none.
Yesterday, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 01:38 PM by Unlien.)
(06-21-2017 07:21 AM)xannie Wrote:  I do not think it is like a talisman. Instead, the "generator" who places the pattern onto his or her student is manipulating their core energy systems, which in turn causes them to naturally generate more energy. Does that make sense?

I think so: The pattern is like a transference of energy like how Reiki symbols are transferred to the Second Level Practitioner, where they now have a specific and direct source of energy to empower their abilities and keep their energy stores strong? Or how a qigong master transfers their qi to their disciple to strengthen the disciples sensitivity and projection abilities?
Yesterday, 03:06 PM
What is psionic gadgets ?
the image doesnt show up on my side, but i checked on some webs, it seems to be a board?
is it why it can't be used when travelling?
Yesterday, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 04:07 PM by xannie.)
(Yesterday 11:56 AM)HellBlazer Wrote:  Consider that "constructs" are just mental models of something. They do not exist as real things, just ideas. So there are no "generators" or anything like that. I read ANKA's stuff a long time ago, about 10 years ago I think. Back at that crap place psions guild. What any form of energy work does is create a false positive feedback loop in your mind. You "feel" the energy which is just a psychosomatic response to a mental stimuli. Such as think the energy is magnetic or warm/cold, etc. Like forming the psi ball and you are plainly told what to feel, so you create this artificial sensation.

I think that biofeedback is real and something I have experienced. Some psion groups try to address biases to some extent. For example, one could perform blind scans of another's construct and give a description of their impressions in terms of: color, shape, the caster's intent.

Let's set aside the issue of biofeedback for one moment. If one is able to consistently give accurate descriptions of another's construct (based on whatever criteria is set for accuracy over a series of tests), then does this not lend credit to the idea that constructs are real, tangible things?

(Yesterday 11:56 AM)HellBlazer Wrote:  It's all similar to tummo or even the kundalini awakening. You've reinforced and strengthen an idea till it has produced the intended effect within you.

Do you have this view toward all magic work? Is there an approach that you feel is legitimate?

(Yesterday 01:35 PM)Unlien Wrote:  I think so: The pattern is like a transference of energy like how Reiki symbols are transferred to the Second Level Practitioner, where they now have a specific and direct source of energy to empower their abilities and keep their energy stores strong? Or how a qigong master transfers their qi to their disciple to strengthen the disciples sensitivity and projection abilities?

It is a similar idea as that, yes.

"And the soul, if it is to know itself, into a soul must look. The stranger and the enemy, we saw him in the mirror." Seferis
Today, 10:50 AM
It really depends on how you look at it. Could I support a subtle manifestation of intent approach to magick? Yes. Hollywood and anime version? Absolutely not. I have always felt to magick works by changing you and your awareness. A construct is the same as a spell, not much different than the technique used to create it. As for someone sensing your construct, this tends to happen with groups or among friends, I feel that this is due to front loading and expectations. If you are practicing pure psi then energy work and constructs are something you don't mess with. As pure psi practice is literally mind over matter. You think about something happening and it does. Problem is that that something could just be confirmation bias. There are a lot of pitfalls and traps in metaphysical practices.

When it comes to things such as the Reiki symbol (sigil actually) there is not transfer of "energy" only an idea. That symbol embodies certain concepts which alter your state of consciousness by establishing new ideas. It's not different than me telling you or anyone to hold onto their Ching/Jing (sexual energy) for 100 days while doing breathing meditations and visualizing the energy from your root chakra moving up your spine to your brain on inhale, and then visualize it returning to the root charka on exhale. Doing this exercise for 100 breaths each and every day. With the expectation of this bring some effect.

If you wish to continue your pursuit of energy work. I highly suggest you validate what you're doing on those who do not know what you're doing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My "natural talent" Yoda 27 2,901 01-04-2017 08:58 AM
Last Post: Yoda