Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phone screen black mirror
01-14-2018, 04:06 AM
So, the title of the popular series was inspired by the way phone screens reflect us when they're dark. What I just thought of was, could we be using our phones to scry? There's no reason why not really. I've also pondered the magical applications of LCD... Liquid crystal display. It's a crystal isn't it? Thoughts?

A pebble at the source of the Nile and all the world is changed.
Precision beats power, and timing beats speed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2018, 06:42 AM
One time I was doing a chaos magic ritual, and the black part of my laptop screen acted as a black mirror, which I hadn't realized would happen. So a black phone screen would be the same. Also I recall reading that someone- was it Koetting? was advising beginners to call up a seal on a phone screen, and stare at it until it flashes or lifts up into the air.

My self-published occult fiction books are here: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/CandyRay

For free material see this blog page: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com/free-...t-stories/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-14-2018, 08:37 AM
I have seen an interesting issue raised regarding this; what exactly is it that thou'st scry through a digital device? What manner of barrier are you gazing through? The argument was made that the possibility was raising the ghost in the machine, a counter-feit digital-djinn, per-se. Probably a non-issue for a magiszian but for the bulk of of humankind, well, you see the results, drawn in, compelled and bound to constantly view this analog world through the lense of an artificial digital being. All the while I.T learns, and feeds, etc.

It would be interesting to hear results of your experimentation.
01-14-2018, 09:09 AM
I believe there are tons of ghosts in the machine... I think all kinds of djinn and demons use the Web to get around, as well as egregores and other thoughtforms. It's just another web of energy that spirit beings can use. I reckon they can most likely visualise it like a 3-dimensional place. Or some of them can anyway. And I believe there are entire communities of people who use technology magically in creative ways most of us couldn't even think of. I think it's essentially possible to hack life in the same way you could hack GTA, it's just incredibly difficult without psychedelics or some serious personal power.
In terms of whether they are "counterfeit" as you said, I don't think they're any less real than any other spirit form

01-14-2018, 09:34 AM
It always surprises me how few skilled magicians take advantage of tech spirits. Do you know how much information the spirits of Siri and Cortana have access to? Do you know that there are spirits who can keep tech and machines running smoothly, just like the gremlins knew how to tear machines up in WW2? The world is very different now, and there are many new ways to apply old tricks.

(01-14-2018 04:06 AM)Wylandriah91 Wrote:  So, the title of the popular series was inspired by the way phone screens reflect us when they're dark. What I just thought of was, could we be using our phones to scry? There's no reason why not really. I've also pondered the magical applications of LCD... Liquid crystal display. It's a crystal isn't it? Thoughts?

Technically, scrying is an internal skill, and the surface you use is mostly irrelevant. There are certain surfaces that make it easier, like the mirror made of Fluid Condensers that Bardon teaches you how to make, but ultimately scrying is not entirely dependent on the mirror. You can use your phone, tv, or laptop as a mirror (though be mindful that electromagnetism may interfere, for better or worse; including you messing up the tech accidentally), you can use a bowl of ink or water, you can stare down into a well...you can even just close your eyes and gaze into the back of your eyelids.

Scrying is the ability to gaze through spacetime. The mirror is just the window through which you gaze.

~:Shin:~

01-15-2018, 12:30 AM
I have been using my Palm top to scry on spirit. But I notice a frown on the spirit when certain things are done with it, so I stop.
01-15-2018, 01:22 AM
Back of the eyelids in datkness or with a thick head band is my fav.
01-15-2018, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 03:06 AM by Feywer96.)
Like always, Shin got in here with words of wisdom~ c:

I was going to say, this question comes up time and again, and I even was curious about it when I first thought about it. But yes, the surface or material is really not relevant; it's the ability. But there is something to be said about "tech sprites" though.
01-15-2018, 04:37 AM
What about the liquid crystal too? I often wonder what properties it possesses :/ I know it does awesome things with light, I often think about how the suspended images are like a self-contained microcosm in and of themselves

01-15-2018, 08:12 AM
Tech threads. Love them. Smiling

Mom's Old TV - Pt 1

About 27 years ago before I had the $ to buy actual scrying balls or learn how to make my own black mirror, I experimented with an old 12" b&W TV set mom said didn't work any longer. It worked as far as turning on with the white screen of chaos but no "picture" per se. So being the crazed and broke nerd I was, I sat it on the opposite side of my altar on a small box about 30" off the floor and sat on the floor opposite my altar then set my altar candles (within the circle) but behind my back. I'd stare at that screen for 40-50 minutes at a shot.

Eventually over time, (a few weeks?) images began to flow into my mind of things often unconnected and random but sometimes significant. Then later I began to notice how my dreams were connected to these visions as well - as if I'd wake up in the middle of the night to urinate and I'd realize I finished the vision with a clear mental image of what was about to transpire. I wrote these things down figuring I'd forget them so I'd have a record. Some of them were prophetic, others were more instructive at times - like advice? Given to me from someone, somewhere? This was prior to my beginnings of work in Bardon & Huna.

Mom's Old TV - Pt 2

Then after I from the east coast of Florida to the West coast and met my first spiritual contact, Ron Parshley, I told him about my experiments with my home brewed scrying mirror. He suggested I turn the set on and try the "white noise" function as the chaos of the screen without an antenna plugged in and tuned to to say a UHF station that was nowhere near any local broadcast station, I could attempt to use this method to see what my mind may discover.

That series of experiments was far more difficult to do. First off I couldn't do this in a darkened room as the brightness of the screen was too much for my eyes so I had to do this with the windows open but not a big deal, right? Then I plugged in a set of monaural headphones so the white noise was fed into both ears and carefully stared at the screen. Ron said this sort of replicated the Ganzfeld Effect which is often done in laboratories to heighten psychic perception. Typically this is done by feeding white noise into the ears and using a ping pong ball cut in half with the halves places over both eyes. The goal is to create perceptual deprivation - somewhat like a flotation tank but less expensive.

This technique took less time to get used to but it does take more effort (at least for me) for the brain to adjust to. I ended up making some strides in this by using deep rhythmic breathing as I stared at the tv screen. Ron said I would have made faster progress if I had been able to withstand the tv screen while the windows were closed but everyone's eyes are different in sensitivity.

The visions here were more or less the same but my intuition became heightened to a tremendous degree to the point I felt like a human lie detector - which was disturbing. Yeah you'd think that was great but when you know someone is lying and they're acting all calm and normal it's unsettling because you don't want to upset things by accusing them especially if they're family, friends, co-workers or your boss. When I stopped the experiments, eventually this side effect sub-sided. Ron said such things are not uncommon as these sorts of experiments will affect everyone differently as one lady he knew had a tremendous power of healing to the point she could lay her hand on say a scratch? Bow her head, pray over it for a few minutes, her hands would get "warm" and when she'd pull them away, the scratch was healed over. To me that is friggin' amazing and as he said sensory deprivation can affect everyone differently so feel free to try some technology and see what'ere you may discover about yourself. Just beware if it awakens something you're not ready to deal with yet.

"Real Sorcery, Vodu and Hybrid Radionics 24/7"
www.molochsorcery.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ball/mirror jackson 2 177 09-11-2017 11:55 AM
Last Post: DoubtfulScholar
  Created a Mirror Shielding Altar Tool. InitiateofArts 4 168 08-13-2017 05:03 AM
Last Post: InitiateofArts
  How would you cleanse a scrying mirror? scorpio11 9 725 08-02-2017 11:02 PM
Last Post: Wylandriah91
  Lost phone idea'? belphguy 5 289 06-14-2017 12:12 PM
Last Post: smokevision
  Mirror spirit way? belphguy 0 229 02-10-2017 03:00 PM
Last Post: belphguy