Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Physical vs. Visible Evocation: Which is Better?
11-27-2016, 04:13 PM
I thought i smelled threads rising from their graves. Thinking of trying to see; i wonder if eye strain has caused me floaters, either that or dust and crap. I used to tru to see so hard in my youth. Headaches, eye aches, but not third eye stuff just straining my eyeballs to see.

Now the ghosts i see are damn floaters.... Bah

I'M A DRUNK!!!
[Image: beer%2025.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2016, 08:09 PM
Physical evocation is best because the entity is has come to the physical level so it's work will be more direct and powerful. Visible e.g. In a shewstone or mirror is not so powerful because it is not so strong on the material level, it will take more time to propagate down into manifested actual things/events.
01-08-2017, 03:46 PM
FWIW both styles of evocation are old.
The PGM and the hygromanteia use skrying to communicate with evoked spirits and gods as does the Almadel and several other grimoires.
01-10-2017, 09:50 AM
I usually evoke demons to the astral, shut my eyes, and ask them to appear in my mind's eye. Then, I silence my thoughts and I ALLOW THEM TO PRESENT THEMSELVES (I do NOT try to imagine them), and I get a vision of their visage. I then ask to hear their voice, and, emptying my thoughts, I allow their words to flow through me.

There is one advantage which this method has over evocation techniques where you have the entity appear in front of you: the appearance which a spirit takes in a vision is always more detailed than the appearance which they actually manifest on the astral plane with. This allows you to get a "better" look at the entity, a better symbolic presentation of who they are/what they've done/or even their history, and is also very "cool" without being as hair-raising as I'm told a physical manifestation can be.

Here's a link to a Youtube video by OFS Adrianna (also known as Stephany Conolly) which discusses her experience with physical manifestation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz70FmqRM7o

For articles on demons and Pagan gods and rituals to them, visit my Wordpress on Satanism, Demonolatry, Vampyrism, Hebdomadry, and witchcraft in general: https://vkjehannum.wordpress.com/
01-11-2017, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 07:22 PM by Wild Card.)
(07-28-2012 09:13 PM)Vitus Lazarus Wrote:  Am I the only one who could never summon a spirit into physical or visible form?

I really doubt that it is possible.

"Spirits" can cause physical effects, but they are thought-forms, nothing more. They are "your will made manifest", aren't they?

I too. I don't seem to be able to summon a spirit to physical or visible form.

I think it all depends on the user and how much courage he/she has.

Don't Let Me DEFILE The LAW Of CREATION In Your Life.
01-12-2017, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 04:08 AM by amxha.)
I've recently had visible and audible manifestations, but only after crafting a serious amount of magical tools.
And they're not any sort of manifestations to brag about, either. I don't like the idea of mental evocation because its just too flimsy for me.
I focus on the consistent manifestation of results and record any phenomena accompanying the ritual regimen.

The minor manifestations I'm getting are somewhat hard to describe.
The visible ones seem like the spirit is struggling to take form before me... sort of like this shadowy smoke and liquid (without the burning of anything, it was completely strange!)
The audible manifestations are mono-syllabic so far.

If you are having issues with visible manifestation, then get a tutelary spirit who can get you to that point.

EDIT: I also don't think its necessarily a courage issue. It is bewildering the first time, slightly shocking, and then the more it occurs, the more you get used to it.
But if you have some deep-seated courage or confidence issues, then you probably have a horrible preparation regimen.
I spend 1-2 weeks incanting and reciting prayers that strengthen my spiritual stamina and lessen my anxiety before attempting a planned conjuration.
Some folks use the Enchiridion but I rely on Leitch's Planetary Psalter and Gemma Gary's Charmer Psalter to structure my prayers.

"For, precisely as when our souls are moved by some ordinary cause,
so the soul moves all the members of the body to contribute something
toward the accomplishment of a contemplated work."
- [X]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-15-2017, 07:24 AM
The one that gets the job done is best

Do what thou wilt
01-15-2017, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 10:51 AM by Feywer96.)
(07-29-2012 12:36 AM)The God-King Wrote:  As for spirits being part of our psychology, I do not subscribe to this Jungian theory. Reason being is because if spirits are simply part of our subconscious then why do we even need to evoke them?

I think you misunderstand about what exactly Jungian Psychology means when it talks about things being "all in the mind" (in the sense that all spirits are of the mind) It certainly makes no such claims. While psychology can be useful in and of itself as a method of self-analysis and progression, beyond that it really cannot be applied to such things, even though people do.
01-15-2017, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 12:40 PM by The God-King.)
(01-15-2017 10:46 AM)Feywer96 Wrote:  
(07-29-2012 12:36 AM)The God-King Wrote:  As for spirits being part of our psychology, I do not subscribe to this Jungian theory. Reason being is because if spirits are simply part of our subconscious then why do we even need to evoke them?

I think you misunderstand about what exactly Jungian Psychology means when it talks about things being "all in the mind" (in the sense that all spirits are of the mind) It certainly makes no such claims. While psychology can be useful in and of itself as a method of self-analysis and progression, beyond that it really cannot be applied to such things, even though people do.

Lol, I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I did not mean that Carl Jung himself theorized anything about the occult or spirits. I meant that people try and use the psychological model to try and explain how spirits (namely of the Goetia) work and that they do not exist independently of us and are simply aspects of our subconscious or our minds. I was saying that I do not subscribe to this theory, nor should anyone who has had veritable contact.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
01-15-2017, 12:44 PM
I feel the same as TGK.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Evocation of Haguiel and Hoodoo idea Nokatin 6 197 01-18-2017 04:39 AM
Last Post: FarhnamDrunk
  Necromantic Evocation: Fail Lucifuge Rofocale 10 232 01-17-2017 06:32 AM
Last Post: Vitki
  Simple Method of Angelic Evocation The God-King 180 24,543 01-16-2017 10:01 PM
Last Post: InLuxLuminem
  Evocation Plinto 63 1,268 01-10-2017 09:54 AM
Last Post: Vkjehannum
  Koetting's mastering evocation program Angelo 415 72,496 01-10-2017 09:40 AM
Last Post: Vkjehannum