Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope 'plans to chew coca leaves during Bolivia visit'
07-13-2015, 08:49 AM
Quote:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-33312962

Pope Francis has requested to chew coca leaves during his forthcoming visit to Bolivia, according to Bolivian Culture Minister Marko Machicao.
Coca, the raw ingredient for cocaine, has been used in the Andes for thousands of years to combat altitude sickness and as a mild stimulant.

Mr Machicao said the government offered the Pope coca tea and the pontiff had "specifically requested" to chew coca.
The Vatican has not yet commented. The Pope travels to Bolivia on 8 July.

Coca leaves were declared an illegal substance under the 1961 UN convention on narcotic drugs.
But the growing of coca leaves for religious and medicinal purposes is legal and licensed in Bolivia.

Many indigenous Bolivians consider the coca bush a sacred plant and chewing its leaves or brewing them into a tea is very popular.
Bolivia's 2009 constitution even declared the coca leaf "a cultural patrimony".

President Evo Morales, who used to be a coca grower, has long campaigned to decriminalise the consumption of coca leaves.
If the Pope were to chew coca leaves during his visit to the Andean country it would provide strong backing for Mr Morales's campaign.

"We will be awaiting the Holy Father with the sacred coca leaf," Mr Machicao said.

The Pope's visit to Bolivia is part of a larger tour of Latin American countries which will also take him to Ecuador and Paraguay.

Tis sweet in the idle dreams to bask,
but here and now do we our task?
Yet this is the thing our souls must ask
What have we done today?

- Nixon Waterman's elequent query
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2015, 09:29 AM
Next, the pope will be visiting Detroit to smoke crack and lay down some dank rymes...

Magic: When you pull a rabbit out of a hat...
Magick: When the rabbit pulls you out of a hat...
In either case, you should keep a jaundiced eye on that hat...
07-13-2015, 11:02 AM
Will the sordid crap bag be sampling boofoo during his visit to oby 9/24? Maybe some guy in a dress if Michael isn't off on another "lie and hate" vacation?
07-13-2015, 01:36 PM
(07-13-2015 11:02 AM)QualonFireEye Wrote:  Will the sordid crap bag be sampling boofoo during his visit to oby 9/24? Maybe some guy in a dress if Michael isn't off on another "lie and hate" vacation?

I have no idea what you're going on about. I tried to figure it out only to realize you're not using English words. http://dictionary.reference.com/misspell...boofoo&s=t

Are you trying to add to the discussion or going for the the non-sequitor of the day award?

What have we done today?

07-13-2015, 04:20 PM
kind of related but kind of not

i bought some mugwort from a botanical and they threw in some kratom, should i try it?

Faust.
07-13-2015, 04:31 PM
(07-13-2015 04:20 PM)Faust Wrote:  kind of related but kind of not

i bought some mugwort from a botanical and they threw in some kratom, should i try it?

Sure try it. You'll realize why kratom is a waste of time. I tried it a few times, kratom powder of a few different types that were supposed to be the best money could buy, after I took enourmous doses the effects were comparable to a single tylenol #3 but with more side effects. I don't know why anyone buys the stuff or why legislators want to bother making it illegal.

What have we done today?

07-13-2015, 04:59 PM
Hiram, for a pseudo authoritative asshole, you're kinda funny....
07-13-2015, 06:06 PM
(07-13-2015 04:31 PM)Hiram Abiff Wrote:  
(07-13-2015 04:20 PM)Faust Wrote:  kind of related but kind of not

Sure try it. You'll realize why kratom is a waste of time. I tried it a few times, kratom powder of a few different types that were supposed to be the best money could buy, after I took enourmous doses the effects were comparable to a single tylenol #3 but with more side effects. I don't know why anyone buys the stuff or why legislators want to bother making it illegal.

I agree, Kratom never made me feel any different.

So no longer pretend
That you can't feel it near
That tickle on your hand
That tingle in your ear
Oh ask it anything
Because it loves you dear
It's your most precious king
If only you could hear
07-14-2015, 12:48 AM
The most this will do is relax you...it's just a leaf guys.

I provide card reading services of all kinds, pm me with your questions and needs.
07-14-2015, 02:03 AM
It's actually several leaves from varying places that is supposed to be matched to the body and mixed with other things (and not prayers, those optional..) but, cheap whore head shop sellers and the wisdom of dented children on handfuls of other drugs are about as far as it needs to go for people who rush in looking for a profound high, off of something that is a wonderful medicine with many gifts.
nothing will replace heroin or subo but heroin or subo. So go get some heroin or subo or grow a poppy of your own.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pope FrancisI is the new man in the Vatican AnimalKind 9 1,038 03-17-2013 04:17 AM
Last Post: xtinguish