Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question: What do you use for consecration and cleanse of magical equipments
01-03-2017, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 04:03 PM by caba0014.)
Greetings,

the point of this thread is to share your knowledge on how you consecrate/ cleanse your magical tools and equipment. I am sure the new people would appreciate it and find it helpful. Even the veterans may find it useful as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Usually when I consecrate things I come to it from the standpoint that I'm imbuing spirit in it. Each little thing has its own character as a result. I notice my personal book of shadows/grimoire etc. feels happy, warm and heavy when I use it often (i.e. reading out of it to pray and do work, write new rituals in it). She has a good vibe haha.
http://sarahannelawless.com/2015/06/11/c...secration/

Sarah knows her stuff.
Of course, this isn't how I do things exactly, but it's a good guideline to understanding different principals you might want to invoke to deepen your practice.

She/Her Pronouns

Check out my new blog!

http://crossroadsofsaintsanddevils.blogspot.com/
01-03-2017, 05:09 PM
I too agree with much of what Sarah Lawless says on the subject.

My view as an animist, is the object is a creature of ______. A wand is a creature of wood. It is an ally, one with a personality to interact with.

I consecrate with grave dirt and incenses mostly, as well as a triangle of manifestation with the six lined star * in the center, stating such things as, "Oh creature of stone, a call up your sprite force, to aid in thy workings" "The womb and tomb of creation, destruction, your qualities empowered. Devil breath his wind unto you, so that your power may be my power, and my power your own".

Of course, case by case basis. Each tool is in my opinion, it's own person that needs to be individually dealt with without a script, as interpersonal relationship.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2017, 07:46 PM
Depends. But I can be rather Ecclectic about it.
Def. Holy water, some kind of herb tea or floral water, usually incense (personally blended or church blend (which is also my own blend). Def prayers, invocations, you know the usual. But yes, imbue the spirit, I agree with that.
01-03-2017, 08:28 PM
In my practice, there are several quick ways to bless temple objects.

Consecration on the other hand is different, usually it will involve burning candles, incense, chanting names and reciting incantations in between fixed intervals repeatedly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Deja Vu Question jcolanzi 21 215 Yesterday 06:37 PM
Last Post: jcolanzi
  Purifying my new pendulum question toddvtx1300 7 78 03-19-2017 11:34 AM
Last Post: The Artis Magistra
  SIGNS of magical power in a Natal Chart GR8 GRANSON OA' MASTAFREEMASON 29 514 03-19-2017 09:39 AM
Last Post: The Artis Magistra
  Servitor Question toddvtx1300 6 178 03-08-2017 03:55 AM
Last Post: Fork Nan Pwen
  So, help with a question Feywer96 21 292 03-08-2017 01:14 AM
Last Post: Anastasiya