Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Android OS | Transfer OS to another device?
12-25-2016, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2016 03:11 AM by Ontical.)
Hello WF! This is not along my usual lines of posting and opening a thread, but I figured it might be worth a shot to ask the following.

So I smashed the screen of my Sony M4 Aqua Experia which has Android on it. The screen is still amazingly functional, but the unit is not a pretty sight at all - blood has been spilled.

I got myself a replacement. The OS seems to have a problem however, the brightness function does not work and it's not with the same layout as my other M4 Aqua. What I want to do, is to transfer the OS from my old phone to the new one. Just so I am clear - the phones are identical, so if it's possible, then it should not be ardious once it's installed, as it's the same phone.

Does anyone here know how to do this? Or can they perhaps point me towards some software, or tutorial that knows how?

I have tried everything to fix and update the new M4 Aqua, updated it, reinstalled the software and the brightness will not work without a 'Night Mode' application.

It would be really great if I could have the OS on my other phone on this new one.

Thanks in advance for any responses to this.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2016, 03:16 AM
If you bought yourself the same exact phone, the OS should be the same. Maybe not the version, but definitely still Android. You may be able to roll back the version, but I honestly have no idea how. Check out these links (dunno if they're any good)

It could be a manufacturer problem too, which I suggest you call your carrier and tell them about the issue. If you didn't get the phone from the carrier, call Sony.

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
12-25-2016, 04:11 AM
It's definitely Android, but yeah, the version is different. I will try the roll back. Thanks so much.

12-25-2016, 05:25 AM
(12-25-2016 04:11 AM)Ontical Wrote:  It's definitely Android, but yeah, the version is different. I will try the roll back. Thanks so much.

Np

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
01-02-2017, 12:55 AM
I decided to get an iPhone instead lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New launched My Cloud OS 3 SDK with My Cloud Mirror device HarryStiffen 0 308 09-19-2015 05:19 PM
Last Post: HarryStiffen
  What the name of your android phone os?? HarryStiffen 0 313 04-09-2015 09:49 PM
Last Post: HarryStiffen
  Intelisoles: One wearable device, many uses! Intelisoles 0 301 11-14-2014 11:52 PM
Last Post: Intelisoles
  Custom Android Roms Divine Darkness 1 482 09-30-2013 05:28 AM
Last Post: Hotpocket
Question MyBB Question/Creating Site-Forum registration: Need Help! Shadow 2 3,058 03-19-2013 02:12 PM
Last Post: xdemon