Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quick tips about astral projection
07-15-2015, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2015 11:14 PM by Angelo.)
Here's the secret :

[Image: DSC08112.jpg]

Let's this be our secret, ok ?

Playing Cards Fortune Teller, PM me if you need a reading
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2015, 11:29 PM
I'll be back home next week and I'll give your method a few tries Wink

So no longer pretend
That you can't feel it near
That tickle on your hand
That tingle in your ear
Oh ask it anything
Because it loves you dear
It's your most precious king
If only you could hear
07-16-2015, 02:20 AM
Sure, do it, you might be surprised by the good results. Keep us posted.

07-16-2015, 03:49 AM
I would like to correct some missconceptions, at least in regard to my own recent experience with astral projection :

1/ Don't watch tv, don't surf on the internet when you wake up before getting back to bed

what they say

Already had a quick exchange with Archaea in this thread (go and read) about it. Another explanation given is that the electronics frequencies enhance your alpha waves which are not suited to astral projection.

what I've noticed

No negative effects so far. Each time I woke up and wandered on the internet because 1,5 hours are quite long, and it never was a cause of failure

2/ You have to sleep on your back

what they say

While more and more people say that you have to try to AP in the position which is best to you, there are still lot of people advocating for trying on the back. They give various reasons for that such as "it is easier to visualise yourself rising up if you're on your back rather than on your stomach".

what I've noticed

Issue is that I feel very uncomfortable laying down on my back. There is just no way I can relax. This position is all but natural to me. On the flipside, sleeping on my stomach - which is my natural sleeping position - has been recorded by my brain as the "sleeping position" and therefore I easily fall asleep. I've tried on my side, but I find it quite uncomfortable, and again I can't relax.

However, during my 3 recents experiences I've always been on my stomach. Even if I briefly fall asleep I regain awareness at the right time and since this is the most natural night time position to me, it is the one which allow me to be the most relaxed when it comes to separate my mind from my body.

3/ You have to eat a light meal

what they say

You have to eat light prior to astral project because otherwise the blood stream will be "busy" with the digestion and this loss of energy will cause you to fail in APing. They also say that you have to feel light because the more you eat, the more you feel - and are - heavy and unable to AP.

what I've noticed

Believe me or not but diner is all but light for me. I'm hungry ! Not to say that I eat 10 pounds of food, but seriously I eat as I see fit and with no restriction. I even eat that famous cookie when I wake up at 3:30am because I'm hungry ! It never prevented me from APing during those past nights.

4/ You have to meditate

what they say

You have to learn how to meditate since you need to blank mind and focus to AP.

what I've noticed

Unfortunately for me - and I know that this is bad - I don't meditate these days like I used to do last year (I would meditate each day). From the past experiences it's not a big deal at all, and I've had more success in those past 3 nights in a row than last year when I was meditating daily.

I'm not saying that meditation is BS, it is of the utmost importance and for many reasons. I'm just saying that not meditating doesn't seem to have any negative effect on me so far when it comes to AP. Now, to be honest, I've meditated quite a lot last year and blanking my mind is not that hard now. So this one might be biased.

If I find others missconceptions I will update.

07-16-2015, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2015 12:35 PM by SteampunkScientist.)
As Robert Anto Wilson used to say... You can never really trust what they say...can you?

By the way your cookie secret is safe, as I can't get those in the states. At least not where I live, but luckily my daughter bakes some damn dank chocolate chip cookies.... Smiling

Magic: When you pull a rabbit out of a hat...
Magick: When the rabbit pulls you out of a hat...
In either case, you should keep a jaundiced eye on that hat...
07-16-2015, 06:00 PM
After last night experience, I'm gonna add some advices. I've been able to monitor quite well the various stages when you go back to sleep at 5am, so that you have a map allowing you to know where you stand in the process (I wish I could have had this myself when I used to try without success to AP).

1/ Phase 1

You lay down in your bed in your natural sleeping position. You have to be able to relax without issue.

The 1st rule is that you shall not move at all. The reason is because you have to forget your body. If you're moving, obviously you become aware of it.

So, lay down, close your eyes and do. not. move.

Some people even say not to move the eyes but in my case this is not true (see why below).

You will feel some itch/scratch, it's normal. What I did was just to aknowledge them, without moving (ie without scratching). Just move your awareness where the itch is and it will go away.

If you wanna swallow, do it. No big deal. And while you could say that it make you be aware of your body, do not worry about that because quite quickly and because you're diving into the transe mode, you will not swallow anymore. You don't want to feel uncomfortable when you start the process - the start is the most important time, when you're on the right track you're good to go -, so you really have not to feel unease at all. So swallow at first without overthinking about it and keep on relaxing.

During this 1st stage when you have your eyes closes what you will just see is the blackness behind your eyelids. Focus on it, get lost in it, and alternate the focus on this darkness and your breath.

2/ Phase 2

When you start to see waves of lights, patterns etc forming in the blackness, then you know that you're getting more relaxed and that you are on the right track.

So, as soon as you start to see those shapes, follow them - reason why I told above that you could move your eyes -.

Keep your mind busy following those patterns, so that you don't allow your thoughts to pop up. Be intrigued by those shapes and colours, play with them, have fun !

You will feel that your body is now heavier, sign that you are deepening the transe. Moreover, the less you are aware of your body, the more you are focus on your mind which means that the more your mind starts to get independant from your body.

3/ Phase 3

At this stage you are really relaxed, you're not aware of your body anymore, and you've been watching those dots, flash, waves in front of you.

You might start to get mental images. Don't think of them like images that you would see with your eyes. It's more like a mental impression. A comparison would be when you get lost watching clouds in the sky. You have the feeling to see something but it's not a real visual feeling, it's more your mind which decode the cloud and makes it look like something.

This is the same thing here. You will have the feeling that those shapes start to form some mental images, just look passively at them, aknowledge them without doing anything more. Actually this is like being in a movie theater : you're passively looking at the movie.

4/ Last stage

The more complex because this is separation time.

If you've passed all the previous stage, then at some point something will happen. And don't worry you'll know when it happens.

For instance, last night at this stage I knew that I was in this stage because all of a sudden I had the feeling that I was standing up and not lying down anymore. And then the vibrations arose.

It can be anything : feeling of swinging, noise, change of perspective (like what happened to me last night), feeling to rise up, pictures getting real etc

This stage is when your mind is ready to separate.

That's it. Hope that this map helped you.

07-16-2015, 06:47 PM
(07-15-2015 11:13 PM)Angelo Wrote:  Here's the secret :

[Image: DSC08112.jpg]

Let's this be our secret, ok ?

Great, I am on the hunt!
07-16-2015, 06:53 PM
you should find them, you're in that damn Europe as well after all

when will you have your 1st try btw ? I'm curious to have your feeback !

07-16-2015, 07:00 PM
(07-16-2015 06:53 PM)Angelo Wrote:  you should find them, you're in that damn Europe as well after all

when will you have your 1st try btw ? I'm curious to have your feeback !

I have yet to find the best time for practice. Yesterday (remember, I sleep in the afternoon), I put my alarm on after three hours but I couldn't get up, just went to pee and dropped dead again after maybe five minutes. Although, I tried to have a look at the darkness behind my eyelids but couldn't do it, had a feeling that I was looking with my pineal gland. But at least in that semi-awake state I knew I was supposed to do something, lol. Will try again today.
07-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Don't force it. If you're too tired it won't work. You have to be quite tired enough so that you don't stay awake for hours, without being too tired neither otherwise you will just fall into some deep sleep.

Even though I feel a tingling sensation in my 3rd eye during the 2nd stage I'm looking with my eyes. As if I had my eyes open inspite of them being close (dont know if that makes sense). However, when I reach the 3rd stage described in my previous post, this is mental images and therefore the 3rd eye is more active.

Anyway, don't force it if you're too tired otherwise you'll get bored and disgusted because of the lack of results. Plus, you dont wanna screw yourself over for the following day of work. So, try today again if you wish, but maybe it'd be better that you try when you're not working the following day.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pulling me into Astral WhiteCamel 4 380 08-15-2017 09:49 AM
Last Post: toddvtx1300
  Astral Projection - ALMOST! I think? Lucifuge Rofocale 6 537 07-13-2017 02:54 AM
Last Post: Omani
  Guided Astral Aerobics Meditation jcolanzi 0 238 05-20-2017 01:50 AM
Last Post: jcolanzi
  Astral Travel And Lucid Dreaming jcolanzi 4 497 05-10-2017 06:54 AM
Last Post: Riva626
  Spontaneous OBEs/Astral beings? illuminaughty 2 333 02-23-2017 04:27 PM
Last Post: illuminaughty