Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended Books For A 'Jason Miller' Newbie
08-24-2016, 11:39 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been seeing Jason Miller's name being thrown around here a lot (in a good way) and I want to know what's the most recommended book of his that I can "cut my teeth" on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2016, 11:44 PM
The sorcerer's secret
08-25-2016, 02:03 AM
(08-24-2016 11:44 PM)HellDevil Wrote:  The sorcerer's secret

Yes and protection and reversal Magick
Actually he only has like 4 or 5 books, at most lol
Not prolific or anything yet, but His books are excellent.
The Sorcercers secret is a must even for non Miller fans.
Planetary Magick is an E book found on here for free
If you can find it
And protection and reversal Magick
Those three are all you need
Is Money Magick and sex magick books can be taken or left alone.

Http://Arcanumtarotmagick.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMXvPfa...JzHQSOR0lg
To KNOW, To DARE, To WILL, TO KEEP SILENCE-such are the four words of the Magus! Eliphas Levi.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2016, 10:41 PM
Thanks everyone, I picked up the Sorceror's Secret

12-17-2017, 09:44 AM
Related to the book "Protection and Reversal_Magick" does anyone know the difference in uses for the Wheell of Hekate (p.86) and the Seal of Hekate (p.106).

Well, the book states that the former is for protection, but protection against what? I mean, magickal attacks,spells, spirits, etc.? But then, the book says that the Seal is to act as a spirit trap, so at least on this respect it has the same function as the Wheel, so I wonder why to make the Wheel ritual if there's the Seal ritual that have a wider coverage, so to speak. Unless the Wheel has other uses not mentioned in the book or can be used instead of the Seal and has the same protective qualities.

I also wonder if the spirit trap (Wheel) can be used to evoke and bind spirits in a more direct or perhaps powerful than when using -for instance- a Goetic ritual?

I asked Mr.Miller, a long time ago, but i still have no answer :-(
12-17-2017, 11:44 AM
The wheel is used for protection against bad juju or general danger, or can be used to banish and ward up protection against a specific danger. It's a variant of the Aegishjalmur or the Star of Inanna. If you want a different visual of what it does, then imagine yourself as the centermost point of the symbol, with the energy pushing outward in the eight directions to keep away all evil. Miller's incantation and ritual actually goes a step further than the basic magic of the symbol itself, as he has you call on Hekate to call forth the other spirits, the Fates to lend fortune to the work, the Furies to banish any evil from your personal "sphere of influence" that is already present, the Gorgons to stand guard against any future evil that comes against you, and then the Graces to heal and bless you. Then you can carry the symbol, ritually charged and blessed by Hekate and the spirits, as a powerful talisman of general protection.

A spirit trap is something entirely different, more often used for protecting your house than your individual person. The Seal of Hekate in particular, which is on the cover of the book and p106, Miller instructs you to place it at all entrances of your home after consecrating it with the ritual to activate it as a spirit trap. This isn't something that pushes things away like the Wheel, but something that literally traps the spirit, like a Native American Dream Catcher (a spirit trap to prevent bad dreams). The spirit is prevented from entering your home because it is trapped by the spell, and you're able to sleep well at night in magical safety.

They are both protection spells, but different kinds. One is for you, one is for your home, and if you want the widest coverage then you should do both.

(12-17-2017 09:44 AM)Stella Tenebrarum Wrote:  I also wonder if the spirit trap (Wheel) can be used to evoke and bind spirits in a more direct or perhaps powerful than when using -for instance- a Goetic ritual?

If you want to learn how to use the triangle for summoning, then read Franz Bardon's second book, or at least the Theory section where he explains the purpose of things like the triangle and circle. I suppose you could use Miller's Seal for summoning, if you activate it with a different ritual, but I personally wouldn't.

~:Shin:~

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Skinichi, thanks for your explanation
12-22-2017, 03:01 PM
his books are about as useful as a rust stain on the side of a barn, that somewhat maybe perhaps looks like a pentacle of solomon’s from about 10 yards back and only if positioned to the right.

in other words, a lot a lot a lot of mix and match, mis info, copy paste, and very little time spent on research. gents of jupiter is a ducking (yes ducking quack quack) joke.
12-23-2017, 01:11 AM
Frater 137 - I recommend his strategic sorcery course too. It compliments the sorcerers secrets nicely and is a very complete and effective magical syllabus.

Stella - The wheel does indeed have adaptive uses for evocation and such but I wouldn't recommend mixing it with Goetia. Goetia is it's own thing. Hecate is another. No need to mix. The results may not be great, or they could be disastrous. Also, it's worth noting that depending on how the wheel is consecrated it may close you off entirely from whatever you're evoking. It's supposedly very potent.

12-23-2017, 02:47 AM
Riva 626 : Have you taken his course ? what benefits did you got out of taking the course .?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why I am against some of the newer books Iommis_guitar 8 410 01-03-2018 09:11 AM
Last Post: belphguy
  money books. belphguy 0 179 10-12-2017 12:57 AM
Last Post: belphguy
  5 Mysterious Ancient Books (video) Wylandriah91 14 545 09-08-2017 05:14 AM
Last Post: ZackDuckers
  Favourite books occultist type not workbooks but novels, poems and such Top 5 Anthony Arcanum 25 849 08-04-2017 03:49 PM
Last Post: Candy Ray
  Best Spell Sites/Books? Knile 6 328 07-20-2017 07:40 AM
Last Post: Anthony Arcanum