Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching for a recipe to make an aphrodisiac herbal tea blend called Potion #9
10-13-2016, 05:20 AM
So my local occult/herb shop used to carry this herbal tea blend called Potion #9. Last time I went in, I asked about it and they said the company that made it changed hands and it isn't being produced anymore, and they didn't have an ingredients list. All they could tell me was the company was called S & M botanics and it was an old recipe from the 70's. All I can find online is a listing for a closed business when I google. I've found a few other recipes for it online but they don't really seem right to me.

This blend really packed a punch and I want to try to find a way to replicate it. I know one of the main ingredients is Damiana, but I'm not sure about the rest. Does anyone know of a recipe for this blend, or have any ideas for some herbs that might make a potent aphrodisiac tea?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2016, 07:31 AM
http://www.swamimamiteas.com/get-frisky-aphrodisiac-tea

And it contains damiana (plus a few other known libido boosters). HTH.
11-13-2016, 05:31 AM
That is a good tea blend. It makes sense, but there are other roots and herbs I would use I.e. Hibiscus, passionflower, cardamom,
Rose, Chaney root. Eleuthero tends to make people jittery if they are of a certain temperament. Whereas Damiana has a relaxing effect. Not to say you can't include both (the tea is clearly unisex) to moderate the effects of the other. I think if you're simply looking for aphrodisiac tea that is fine, but if you're using the blend spiritually as well. You ll want to sub some things. Oat straw serves no real spiritual purpose- its primary goal is to stiffen and moisten medicinally.
12-08-2016, 10:10 PM
I was going to say damiana for sure. I made one once that was damiana, ginger, cardamom, hibiscus, and slippery elm for texture/thickener. I'm of the belief that the number of ingredients are important, so I use 5.
12-09-2016, 01:49 AM
Personally I love slippery elm, because I like the taste and it really helped me medicinally. But in terms of a mucilage quality, I would rather go for violet flowers or even licorice. But you're totally right, number is important.
12-09-2016, 02:13 AM
Drink v8. Eat a fucking salad. The nitrates eventually convert to NO. The boner gas.

Works for lady um um , too.
12-09-2016, 08:04 AM
(12-09-2016 01:49 AM)JintheNinja Wrote:  Personally I love slippery elm, because I like the taste and it really helped me medicinally. But in terms of a mucilage quality, I would rather go for violet flowers or even licorice. But you're totally right, number is important.

for sure, I just prefer slippery elm because of the maple syrup flavor on top of the mucilage.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is this a good herbal quick list??? CKARMA10 6 472 Yesterday 03:40 AM
Last Post: Shaula
  Pure Herbal Remedies ifa 94 2,572 12-16-2016 02:21 PM
Last Post: EibonofMhuThulan
  Changa Recipe Lucem Fox 4 859 01-30-2015 05:22 AM
Last Post: Salanz
  Rate my Love potion StrongUnaware 8 1,172 01-04-2014 11:18 AM
Last Post: Haziel