Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadowmancy
08-19-2017, 04:38 AM
(08-18-2017 01:40 AM)ulvfdfgtmk Wrote:  This sounds very cryptic to me. Could you flat out tell me what you meant by that statement?

(08-19-2017 02:07 AM)ulvfdfgtmk Wrote:  Ahh now I see. If that's what he meant then ok, I get it.

You're careless.

I will not spoonfeed shit because no matter how much potential you may think you have or actually do, your lack of respect is fucking appalling.

Go back to Hard Knocks, nooblings smh..

For the instance and in this case likelihood that you are not capable of comprehending what I may have wasted my time sharing with you enjoy this meme.
[Image: c9abdbded1c5c960c783abee8f53613f--darth-...-darth.jpg]

[Image: skull_star_2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2017, 05:23 AM
Maybe you are just bad at wording your thoughts.
08-19-2017, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2017 10:35 AM by seisatsu.)
(08-19-2017 04:38 AM)darangal Wrote:  You're careless.

I will not spoonfeed shit because no matter how much potential you may think you have or actually do, your lack of respect is fucking appalling.

Go back to Hard Knocks, nooblings smh..

For the instance and in this case likelihood that you are not capable of comprehending what I may have wasted my time sharing with you enjoy this meme.

Totally unnecessary. Everyone starts somewhere, knowing less concepts than others of us, and what may seem trivial to some may be beyond the comprehension of others unless further distilled. In particular, someone new to the art may not be expected to understand the steady dissolution of ego which occurs in its pursuit. While their wording in asking for you to explain it another way was not entirely polite or well phrased, I don't think that any disrespect was meant by it, and your response is frankly ridiculous, arrogant, and petty. It should not be this difficult for someone with 3500 posts to stay on topic when a new member is having difficulty communicating. In fact, one might argue that you have a greater responsibility to do so. After all this is first and foremost a learning community.

-----

ulvfdfgtmk, I think what darangal is saying is that any magician with that level of power will by that point in their practice no longer desire to use that power except in the utmost of need, having no want of showing off. What is the purpose of showing such a thing to a room full of people? Only to look cool, most likely, and the higher magicks come most easily to those who have left their ego and self-importance behind them.

~Die Liebe Dieser Welt~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2017, 01:35 PM
(08-19-2017 10:25 AM)seisatsu Wrote:  Everyone starts somewhere, knowing less concepts than others of us, and what may seem trivial to some may be beyond the comprehension of others unless further distilled... ...In fact, one might argue that you have a greater responsibility to do so. After all this is first and foremost a learning community.

Quote:...any magician with that level of power will by that point in their practice no longer desire to use that power except in the utmost of need, having no want of showing off. What is the purpose of showing such a thing to a room full of people? Only to look cool, most likely, and the higher magicks come most easily to those who have left their ego and self-importance behind them.

Well put~
08-19-2017, 07:52 PM
I agree that it certainly makes the person performing the act look cool but I can easily imagine that some people would be blown away and maybe they would use their envy as a fuel to one day be able to perform such an act themselves.
In other words: I think it would create an enourmus motivation in some people.
08-20-2017, 07:17 AM
(08-19-2017 07:52 PM)ulvfdfgtmk Wrote:  I agree that it certainly makes the person performing the act look cool but I can easily imagine that some people would be blown away and maybe they would use their envy as a fuel to one day be able to perform such an act themselves.
In other words: I think it would create an enourmus motivation in some people.

It is not a good idea in my opinion for someone with that much power to draw public attention to themselves. Life could become very difficult. You will have the ignorant masses bothering and begging you at all times of day for riches and fame and fortune telling and to bring back the dead and other ridiculous things, and the Westboro Baptist Church will protest outside your house. It is a similar reason that the very wealthy tend to keep to themselves and that many remain completely anonymous in their wealth; annoying and even malicious characters will gravitate towards them otherwise. Power attracts a myriad of fools.

~Die Liebe Dieser Welt~
08-20-2017, 09:37 AM
I lol'd at Westboro Tounge
Well no I didn't meant publicly but maybe in front of a selected few.
08-24-2017, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2017 05:40 AM by jackson.)
(08-12-2017 08:53 AM)Zeroclaw Wrote:  It is about shape shifting but if you read really carefully you will find some usefull information about "dark matter" and how it changes things.

Is the former of any value? I know Buddhism does something similar.