Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigils
11-14-2013, 10:47 AM
I read that the normal sigil you see around the Internet are all Crowley's version and incorrect. I know the Grimoirium Verum shows vastly different drawings and circles from what you would find from a Google search. What sigils do you all use?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Crowley's sigils aren't incorrect. You can use them with success.
The GV doesn't have any spirits in common with the goetia except for Astaroth.
I use sigils from goetia, Dukanté, GV, and those made on the kamea squares using the aiq bakar.

Jezebelspirit.blog.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Go still shows 3 different sigils for lucifer, Beelzebub, and astaroth. I've been using both versions together for good measure haha
11-14-2013, 11:11 AM
The GV actually has those sigils. I prefer a self made sigil for Beelzebub. But I use Astaroth's goetic seal and the GV sigil like a triangle for Lucifer.

Jezebelspirit.blog.com
11-14-2013, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2013 01:50 PM by The God-King.)
As Euoi said, Crowley's sigils (also called seals) aren't incorrect. If they were then the Goetia wouldn't be as popular as it is. Those are generic sigils and can be used with great success. I recommend when you achieve veritable evocation to ask the spirit for a more personalized seal.

For the man of religion believes in God, the magician knows God.

Rich Kids of Instagram
11-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Hey... Lots of crap is popular. Doesn't mean it's good (just turn on the TV to see that demonstrated lol). I've just read a lot of different stuff, many people saying that Crowley's sigils and methods were ineffective. I'm glad I got this forum with a small group of people to lead me in the right direction
11-14-2013, 12:06 PM
I use Crowley's sigils. Definitely not ineffective.

Jezebelspirit.blog.com
11-14-2013, 01:52 PM
(11-14-2013 11:34 AM)guero Wrote:  Hey... Lots of crap is popular. Doesn't mean it's good (just turn on the TV to see that demonstrated lol). I've just read a lot of different stuff, many people saying that Crowley's sigils and methods were ineffective. I'm glad I got this forum with a small group of people to lead me in the right direction

My question is this: who are the people saying the seals are ineffective? I am willing to be it's only one or two types of practitioners saying it.

For the man of religion believes in God, the magician knows God.

Rich Kids of Instagram
11-14-2013, 02:43 PM
(11-14-2013 01:52 PM)The God-King Wrote:  
(11-14-2013 11:34 AM)guero Wrote:  Hey... Lots of crap is popular. Doesn't mean it's good (just turn on the TV to see that demonstrated lol). I've just read a lot of different stuff, many people saying that Crowley's sigils and methods were ineffective. I'm glad I got this forum with a small group of people to lead me in the right direction

My question is this: who are the people saying the seals are ineffective? I am willing to be it's only one or two types of practitioners saying it.

I forgot where all it was. I was looking for more info on Beelzebub and his sigil. Mainly i was trying to figure out why he had 2 different ones and if he was the Goetia Bael as i've seen some people claim. If i come across the link again i'll copy what people said onto here (minus the link to their forum of course)
11-14-2013, 05:42 PM
To backup OP claims I read quite often not to rely that much to the Crowley's sigil as well.
If I have time I'll try to find the sources of that claim.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do succubi/incubi have sigils? Zyskal 13 1,043 10-28-2014 09:56 AM
Last Post: Keighn
  Is it really ok to burn Goetic sigils? Haziel 33 792 06-21-2014 11:20 AM
Last Post: Keighn
  Sigils Meanings vinceguntr0n 3 305 01-10-2014 08:06 AM
Last Post: The God-King
  Sigils of goetic kings? Elison 24 1,632 06-30-2013 12:42 PM
Last Post: Emrys