Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I found this medal...
11-23-2016, 05:25 AM
Wylandriah, late chiming in, but...wish I could see the medal. Is Christ on the cross? Or is she praying in front of a smaller altar-type cross?

If she's at Cavalry, I'm thinking of the revelation of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, which reflects the grace in her (as she was already full of grace).

If the latter, I'm thinking of some of the images of the Death of Mary prior to her Assumption into Heaven. Those usually have lots of cherubs in them as well.

Regardless, I would see it as a positive find. I have Wiccan friends who are outspokenly non-Christian yet they still have images of Mary in their homes because they are comforting to them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2016, 06:48 AM
Hey Kjeran, no it's ok, I haven't made a serious effort to find it but I will tomorrow when I'm not all settled in and I have some daylight to help me Tounge It's a large cross, but Christ isn't on it, from left to right it goes; cross in foreground, Mary in middle-distance, cherubs behind and slighly below. It's zoomed in fairly close, so you can only see from Mary's bent elbows in prayer position upwards and the cherubs are slightly crowded in the bottom right hand corner; at first I didn't notice what they were, they only registered as blurs of colour

"Miaow!" Says Boon. "Feck off" Says I.
11-25-2016, 04:54 AM
Sorry but it seems We need to see the picture.

Don't Let Me DEFILE The LAW Of CREATION In Your Life.

[Image: qxryxg.jpg]
11-25-2016, 05:17 AM
In fact I think it better if wy doesn't share with the class. The sign was meant for her, not public consumption. She kindly described the medal several times. But it's clearly some kind of rare or Irish depiction I am not familiar with and that's actually even cooler. But it's hers and hers alone.
11-25-2016, 02:39 PM
No seriously I don't mind sharing it I just have to find the dern thing! x'D

"Miaow!" Says Boon. "Feck off" Says I.
12-01-2016, 04:17 AM
(11-25-2016 02:39 PM)Wylandriah Wrote:  No seriously I don't mind sharing it I just have to find the dern thing! x'D

I'm very interested. As a catholic and marian devotee with a collection of medals, this is right up my alley!

✝ In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti ☦
12-01-2016, 10:30 AM
(11-25-2016 02:39 PM)Wylandriah Wrote:  No seriously I don't mind sharing it I just have to find the dern thing! x'D

What is a nice Irish girl like you doing in a place like this ? You are a pretty one aren't you. Far better to my eyes then stupid silhouette.

Lovely and smart with a kind heart.
12-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Aries, this is not the kind of place to flirt. Stahp

✝ In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti ☦
12-01-2016, 12:13 PM
(12-01-2016 10:59 AM)Santamuerte Wrote:  Aries, this is not the kind of place to flirt. Stahp

Is that what its called ?
12-01-2016, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2016 11:50 PM by FarhnamDrunk.)
Ok, now i dont even know what this thread is about.

Ok, i read it. Yeah a pic would be great as finding one matching on the net is annoying. I recall a christ one praying by himself and a beam of light shooting down to his forehead. I cant disagree with whats been written. Im not catholic nor have i studied it in depth. Seems a different world than run o the mill no denomination christianity.

[Image: bear%203.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  something strange I found dannerz 3 565 02-28-2013 10:21 AM
Last Post: Phil_B
  The Tablets of King Sargon - Source of Hebrew Bible Found Phil_B 5 1,317 02-23-2013 11:16 PM
Last Post: Phil_B