Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources for Properties of Lesser-Known Plants?
11-28-2017, 01:55 PM
I could just rely on what I pick up on it intuitively, but it's nice to see what other people come up with too. I forage and garden as my main source of plants for workings, or once in a while get shit from the cooking/candle and incense isle at the grocery store. I'd rather just harvest it myself, though, so the former is way more often the case.

Even though correspondence sheets are almost like an occult rule 34, I notice a lot of plants that manage to slip between the cracks. Especially the useful weeds and plants that aren't just seen as sexy by the gardening industry compared to basic shit like daisies, thus making them less well-known.

Maybe it's such a pain in the ass because where I live now is so unlike Europe, the Mediterranean, etc. so all those old grimoires talk about plants that thrive in places where cold kills things instead of heat. I'm considering looking into Native American herbal lore for answers, but in that case I would love if anyone knows a legit site rather than the new age whitey version. Any sources on some good info would be awesome and if you post, I thank you in advance.

There is one real moral in this world when you think about it, and it's called "Don't Be A Dick".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2017, 10:30 PM
https://youtu.be/H765FklZHh4?t=12m30s
I don't know if You'll find this useful, thought I'd share.. At 12:30 this guy explains how to determine if the plant is safe for human consumption and I think You can do this with any plant

69 æ 8 ea 96
11-30-2017, 11:18 PM
That’s the edibility test. I’m also looking for the other uses as well(medicinal, can it be made into fiber, what it does in spell work, etc.)

There is one real moral in this world when you think about it, and it's called "Don't Be A Dick".
12-01-2017, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 03:30 AM by Martheenas.)
I think the same method could be used to discover such properties if you meditate with the plant, connect to the spirit of the plant etc.

Trial and error is a great teacher Smiling

69 æ 8 ea 96

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Burning Plants Offend Spirit of Plant Dosey 10 1,526 05-17-2017 09:41 PM
Last Post: Philosopher
  Garden Plants and their Magical Associations Feywer96 4 679 11-11-2016 05:37 AM
Last Post: The Artis Magistra
  Humans and Plants: A Connection in Magic Feywer96 1 446 09-20-2016 06:15 AM
Last Post: SirenSong
  A List of Herbs and Their Magickal Properties Free-Spirited Mind 6 1,405 09-30-2015 02:01 AM
Last Post: Absinthe
  What herbs/plants spirits generally like? Selene 5 1,151 09-05-2014 04:59 AM
Last Post: Arkadius-Rash