Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Staff Application
04-13-2012, 08:17 PM
1. How old are you?
I'm 16 turning 17 in may.

2. Have you ever been an admin or moderator before? Where?
I used to have my own successful forum about health and fitness, but due to in-real problems I had to shut down. I also been a moderator on a runescape privateserver named Dodian.

3. What's your computer specs?
  • Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz
  • Installed memory (RAM): 4,00 GB
  • System type: 64-Bit Operating System

4. What is your favorite WF section?
I probably say The Lounge, Graphic Section, General Occult Discussions and Meditation.

5. How would you improve WF?
I dedicate all of my spare time to the forum. By removing reports, keeping the forum clean and make the environment a good place.

6. How many hours per week would you be able to commit to us?

School days / 5 hours
Weekends / holidays / 10 hours

7. Anything else you'd like to add?
Have a good day.

[Image: jhhRZkPYUsFhi.png]

Leader & Founder | WF Evangelist
Find all posts by this user
04-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:1. How old are you?

I'm currently seventeen.

Quote:2. Have you ever been an admin or moderator before? Where?

I used to be the community president at ChannelFuse, the world's largest forum network. This granted me access to administrative rights at over 20 forums. I administrated the popular MalwareForums (against malware, that is) about a year ago but decided to halt the project due to finance issues.

I'm constantly working on the development of themes and communities in an offline environment, just something I do as a hobby. I know an incredible amount about the MyBB platform.

Quote:3. What's your computer specs?

It's one of the latest Dell Studio XPS laptops, the top of the range. 8GB RAM, 3.? GHz CPU, Windows 7 Professional, 2TB HDD, etc. Does the job nicely.

Quote:4. What is your favorite WF section?

If I had to pick one, probably the Goetia section since there's a lot to learn and teach there. Smiling

Quote:5. How would you improve WF?

I will improve WF by remaining highly active, advertising the site to others to increase activity and everything else expected of a staff member (reports, support/feedback, development discussion, etc).

Quote:6. How many hours per week would you be able to commit to us?

30, or thereabouts.

Quote:7. Anything else you'd like to add?

I'm one of the few Australians on board. My time zone of GMT+10 means there would always be a staff member online (provided the other blokes keep up :heheSmiling.

If you want to inquire specifically about anything, just shoot me a PM.

Cheers!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2012, 07:25 PM
I won't bother applying until I know I am up for the job but so many of you are really determined to help this site out. I'm sure Crow is really proud.

[Image: f9p0kyD.gif]
07-10-2012, 06:19 AM
1. How old are you?
Sorry I'm keeping that to myself, but for you to know, I'm not above 20.

I am currently a moderator of a few sections on HF.

99% Of the time I use my iphone for all my works online. Very rarely do I ever actually hop on a computer. This is because my computer is broken and only rarely turns on. I plan to invest in a new one after the summer is up though.

To be honest I try to apply myself to all sections that I can. I really like the literature section for a place to write my poems. Above that probably the meditation or the occult discussion sections for they are what I am dabbling in to learn about. Smiling

My activity as you can see is in good condition. I am interested in keeping the forum active as well as not filled with ridiculous members.

During summer - A lot, I have already 3 days here with only 9 days as a member here. I always am refreshing on my iphone regardless of where I am to see what's going on here.

I love this forum very much. Smiling

(07-10-2012 02:31 AM)Svarog Wrote:  If we could all manage to do in a year just half of what Rob did these few weeks he's been a member here, the internet would be a better place for everyone. Smiling

I'm the tightness in your chest. I could ruin you.
07-10-2012, 07:14 AM
1. How old are you?
16 going on 17 in August

Sadly, no I have not

iPod 2nd Generation
Playstation 3

I currently do not own a laptop of any sort but I am hoping to get one soon enough. For now I just use my iPod and the Internet Browser on my PS3. No worries though, they work just fine and I'm comfortable with them.

Hmm, I do not have one for sure but my top two would probably be the Lounge & Philisophy and Psychology section.

I will actively post things that can bring up great discussion that leads to more replies, then more replies leads to more activity, more activity leads to more members and so on. I will also dedicate more of my time focusing onthe things that WF is partly lacking, which is post activity as far as I know.

Mainly pertaining to groups which I have noticed activity take a turn. You may not see it but it does effect everyone as a whole in a community. I know for sure that it has effected the sudden change in criteria being discussed within WF. So I will try to make sure that there will be a good healthy balance in order to get our old and new members keeping up activity. Obviously there is more matters to fix but not major ones, so if I were to be appointed to this position, this would be my primary focus.

6. How many hours per week would you be able to commit to us? Plenty, more than needed if possible. As to why I don't have an exact number is due to not keeping record of how much I am online for.

Thank you Robbie for reminding me to apply by you bringing up this thread. Also, good luck to everyone.

[Image: kkiwMyF.jpg?1]
07-10-2012, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 11:24 AM by Provenance.)
I don't know if you're accepting applications still, but I would love to leave this here for it to be considered.

1. How old are you?
I will be 19 on the 13th of July.

Yes, I have been a moderator on the website RuneGear, which caters to RuneScape discussion. I was first the leader of their RuneScape news section, and then became the leader of the news group itself. I have also been an admin on a gaming community, that hosts a RuneScape, WoW, and Minecraft server, called Chaotic United. There are a few others, but they were all forums that did not last long, and ended up dying soon after their first peak.

http://puu.sh/HeSZ

The reason I am applying sits mostly with the literature section of the forum.

I am very understanding of people's problems, and one of the biggest things that drive me is explaining and helping people understand. I don't think this holds a huge impact, but I am currently attending a university with math, with a focus on education, as my major.

I would be able to contribute a solid hour a day, with different sets of time during the day.

That about sums it up.
07-10-2012, 12:23 PM
1. How old are you? 20
2. Have you ever been an admin or moderator before? Where? Yes In Various Call of Duty Clans. Around 10.
3. What's your computer specs? Macbook Pro
4. What is your favorite WF section? Monetizing techniques and News and Announcements.
5. How would you improve WF? I have programming skills in various languages like C++, HTML, C3, Java, DOS, Python.
6. How many hours per week would you be able to commit to us? About 10.
7. Anything else you'd like to add? Hope ya accept me bros!
07-10-2012, 03:40 PM
1. How old are you?

2. Have you ever been an admin or moderator before? Where? Yes,
  • 2007-2009: Mug N Mouse (teammnm.org)
  • 2006-2007: SystemElite (systemelite.com)
  • 2010-2011: unRestricted eSports (http://www.unrestricted-esports.net )
  • 2010-2010: Pagan Ragnarok (paganRO.net)
  • 2004-2007: qRO (qualityro.com)

Laptop:
  • Acer 17in screen
  • AMD Athlon X2 (3.5hz)
  • ATi Radeon HD5500
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500GB WD Black HD
Desktop:
  • Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 250GB HD
  • 2GB RAM
  • Nvidia 7700GT
Science

I would want to provide more user interaction with the site, such as a chat board, I would also recommend more user options such as site design, I think there should be a sub-forums in the Science discussion area for actually focus on science stuff such as Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, and Biology.

15 hours

What did the Bartender say when oxygen, hydrogen, sulfur, sodium, and phosphorous walked into his bar?
Just a Mad Scientist here.

[Image: tEzyc.png]
07-13-2012, 04:46 AM
I'm such a new member, I know i won't be accepted. Posting it for future reference, so you guys know I'm up for it.

1. How old are you? 20
2. Have you ever been an admin or moderator before? Where? I was a senior admin on http://www.MyMGN.com, a board called "My Massive Gaming Network". It has 130k members, and I was a staff there for 3 years.
I was also a vacation mod (I was a temporary mod for a vacant moderator) on the JoWood community boards, the releasers of the Gothic series (except G3 and G4, when Piranha Bytes were kicked out).
I'm also an author of http://www.potfront.com and a moderator of http://www.the420life.com (a very low maintenance site, I'm mostly a moderator to advise my friend in the forum course).

3. What's your computer specs? At the time of posting, I'm currently on holiday, using my friends laptop. If we're gonna compare to games, I can run all games on maximum to this day.

4. What is your favorite WF section? Philosophy and Psychology

5. How would you improve WF? By dedication and commitment. I know how to manage the crowd, and I'm resourceful. I can't put everything on the table now, because I consider my self to be more of a spontaneous person. I don't indulge in heated arguments, I'd discourage it, even disallow it if I was in a position of control. I'm pretty familiar with MyBB as well.

6. How many hours per week would you be able to commit to us? I spend roughly 8-10 hours on the PC a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. And during that time, I'm usually spending time on forums.

7. Anything else you'd like to add? Future, do not forget the past Wink
10-31-2012, 06:53 AM
I would like to submit my application for an admin/mod position. Not sure if I've done so before, if so I apologize for the repeat. If not, here is my app:

1. How old are you?

I have never been an admin or mod online but I have management experience in the real world.

Nothing impressive. I have an HP 620 laptop with an Intel Pentium dual-core processor (about two and a half years old). Windows 7 Home Premium with 3 GBs of RAM. I also use my phone to check posts and such which is an LG Nitro HD with 4G LTE speeds.

The Goetia section for the most part, I'm really hoping that section grows as more members either get involved with evocation or new members join who have experience in the art.

I also enjoy the General Occult Discussion section.

I don't think it needs to be "improved" per-se. I just think it needs to be cleaned up a little, keeping threads on topic, enforcing forum rules. If I become a moderator I'll do my best to do those things. I'd also advocate adding more sections to the forums and I'll do my best to push for those additions if I'm created a mod.

A minimum of 28 hours per week I could commit.

I've grown with Wizard Forums. I've been here almost since the beginning and I'd really like to be instrumental in taking it to the next level.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Staff Member The God-King 22 3,617 02-16-2014 06:24 AM
Last Post: Stoner
  New staff addition: The God-King Crow 39 4,284 01-17-2013 02:04 AM
Last Post: xtinguish
  New Staff member - Ghost of Zlogonje Crow 47 5,768 05-09-2012 12:54 PM
Last Post: xtinguish
  Feedback on staff Astonish 12 2,347 04-27-2012 10:09 AM