Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summoning or conjuring fictional magical tools.
01-12-2017, 09:54 AM
(01-12-2017 03:52 AM)amxha Wrote:  It sounds more like "pop culture magic" than chaos magic to me.
Chaos magic draws on traditional elements and uses them in a way that the individual mage finds most efficient,
sometimes taking the shape of something that isn't quite the 'standard' way of working.
EDIT: I think the term is used so loosely that we apply it to any magic working that's just completely outside of a tradition.
If you're just trying to empower objects from pop culture things like Harry Potter, I think its closer to noetics and energy work than anything.
The 'thought is magic' ideology is getting stronger and stronger these days... and I find it a little worrisome because it contributes to a lot of poor long-term consequences for many practitioners I interact with in social groups besides this forum.

However, say that besides only using a sigil for the invisibility cloak experiment, you actually used or applied traditional thought and magic to the concept.
ie. Empowering the sigil with the powers and influences of Venus, the Sun, and Jupiter since this triad is used (in the GKOS) for works concerning invisibility;
Maybe performing the working on the Day of Venus in the Hour of the Sun, or vice versa, or consistently empowering the sigil on the corresponding planetary days and hours (Day of Sun in Hour of Sun, Day of Jupiter in Hour of Jupiter, etc.) and it'd be some chaos-celestial magic that packs a real punch.

Of course, I'm on a celestial magic kick so I'm sort of biased, but even I use the planets in a "chaote" sort of way as well,
thanks to understanding all the trad symbolism and how the powers are called down.

I really don't like pop culture magick... I'd much rather call this chaos magick. Though you may be right idk. Lol

Anyway thanks for your input!

I'm crazy, getting crazier.. Trying to figure out how things work and what's possible.Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2017, 06:11 AM
(01-11-2017 12:49 PM)HighMagickHaven Wrote:  I wish you well on your endeavours. If you succeed let us know.

I did it!

I decided on this instead of the invisibility cloak for now, but I see myself doing a lot more of this in the future! http://trinity-seven.wikia.com/wiki/Astil_Manuscript

I think right now she/it has a lot more practical use for me right now. She/it is kinda like an egrigore/grimoire from another world. Yes you can add spells/rituals. It's pretty cool! I've found it much easier to communicate with her than most other spirits/entities I've worked with.

I'm crazy, getting crazier.. Trying to figure out how things work and what's possible.Wink
01-14-2017, 09:07 AM
(01-14-2017 06:11 AM)Greendragonwolfkin Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 12:49 PM)HighMagickHaven Wrote:  I wish you well on your endeavours. If you succeed let us know.

I did it!

I decided on this instead of the invisibility cloak for now, but I see myself doing a lot more of this in the future! http://trinity-seven.wikia.com/wiki/Astil_Manuscript

I think right now she/it has a lot more practical use for me right now. She/it is kinda like an egrigore/grimoire from another world. Yes you can add spells/rituals. It's pretty cool! I've found it much easier to communicate with her than most other spirits/entities I've worked with.

Well it's good that you're making progress. Just be careful of mental masturbation. Last thing you want is to be so enamored with this concept that it becomes hard to distinguish between actual communication/results and mental jabber. It happens...

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...
01-14-2017, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2017 10:00 AM by Greendragonwolfkin.)
(01-14-2017 09:07 AM)Ryen Wrote:  
(01-14-2017 06:11 AM)Greendragonwolfkin Wrote:  

I did it!

Well it's good that you're making progress. Just be careful of mental masturbation. Last thing you want is to be so enamored with this concept that it becomes hard to distinguish between actual communication/results and mental jabber. It happens...

Yes it has happened to me.. I'm making progress though.

01-16-2017, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 05:59 AM by Greendragonwolfkin.)
Ok, sense I have time now I'm going to tell you guys exactly what I did. I didn't actually summon or conjure her/it from its own world, I don't think the result would be compatible with this world. I pretty much did what Dr-Strange-Stuff suggested. Using visualization and writing my intentions down very specifically, kinda like a story-supersigil. I gathered the energy/ideas of those who had watched the show or read the manga, and I created a form for it. Then I bound she/it to a small notebook.

Similar to this. http://wizardforums.com/Thread-How-do-yo...%2bkeeping

She/it turned out much more powerful than I had expected. I can imagine the power one from a more popular tv show or book would be. I mean when I pick up the book It gets physically warm! It's not just the regular feeling to be expected from an enchanted object. This is physically warm, I've tested it and even if my hand is ice cold it warms up!! The collective energy created by the people who watch the show must really be something else!

I'm definitely going to do this again, as well as it turned out the first time!!!

01-16-2017, 10:41 AM
(01-16-2017 05:51 AM)Greendragonwolfkin Wrote:  Ok, sense I have time now I'm going to tell you guys exactly what I did. I didn't actually summon or conjure her/it from its own world, I don't think the result would be compatible with this world. I pretty much did what Dr-Strange-Stuff suggested. Using visualization and writing my intentions down very specifically, kinda like a story-supersigil. I gathered the energy/ideas of those who had watched the show or read the manga, and I created a form for it. Then I bound she/it to a small notebook.

She/it turned out much more powerful than I had expected. I can imagine the power one from a more popular tv show or book would be. I mean when I pick up the book It gets physically warm! It's not just the regular feeling to be expected from an enchanted object. This is physically warm, I've tested it and even if my hand is ice cold it warms up!! The collective energy created by the people who watch the show must really be something else!

I'm definitely going to do this again, as well as it turned out the first time!!!
first of all, Congrats on doing a successful magical working! Second, I'm sort of amazed that what I said worked because I'm so new to magic. Did you install any types of filters on the energy you collected? I'm also unfamiliar with how to bind spirits even though I read that thread before posting this...

Does the energy constantly flow from the ether into the notebook or is it a limited amount of power that is now in the book waiting to be used then recharged by pulling more energy from the ether?
Also, what are you going to be using the book for? Maybe making our reality more like Harry Potter or can you use the energies for whatever you want? AKA you could use it for a lust spell? IDK?

Also, would it be a good idea for Greendragonwolfkin to create a servitor that feeds off the book to make sure none of the energies bound to it hurt/block/annoy Greendragonwolfkin? Or maybe to make sure the notebook doesn't get out of control like an overfed servitor could?
01-16-2017, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 03:13 PM by Greendragonwolfkin.)
(01-16-2017 10:41 AM)Dr Strange Stuff Wrote:  
(01-16-2017 05:51 AM)Greendragonwolfkin Wrote:  Ok, sense I have time now I'm going to tell you guys exactly what I did. I didn't actually summon or conjure her/it from its own world, I don't think the result would be compatible with this world. I pretty much did what Dr-Strange-Stuff suggested. Using visualization and writing my intentions down very specifically, kinda like a story-supersigil. I gathered the energy/ideas of those who had watched the show or read the manga, and I created a form for it. Then I bound she/it to a small notebook.

first of all, Congrats on doing a successful magical working! Second, I'm sort of amazed that what I said worked because I'm so new to magic. Did you install any types of filters on the energy you collected? I'm also unfamiliar with how to bind spirits even though I read that thread before posting this...

Does the energy constantly flow from the ether into the notebook or is it a limited amount of power that is now in the book waiting to be used then recharged by pulling more energy from the ether?
Also, what are you going to be using the book for? Maybe making our reality more like Harry Potter or can you use the energies for whatever you want? AKA you could use it for a lust spell? IDK?

Also, would it be a good idea for Greendragonwolfkin to create a servitor that feeds off the book to make sure none of the energies bound to it hurt/block/annoy Greendragonwolfkin? Or maybe to make sure the notebook doesn't get out of control like an overfed servitor could?

Thanks! I'm not sure I understand what you mean by filters. Heres another link that might help explain a spirit binding/bonding

The energy flows freely, it comes directly from the people who watch the show or read the manga, their thoughts and feelings about it.

The egrigore/servitor bound to the book is pretty much an all-round magical assistant. It's purpose to learn about magick and pass the knowledge on to me. It's fully capable of being the other person in casting a spell that requires more than one person, or even casting its own spells on my behalf. It has free will but the whole idea in the show/manga is that though she possesses her own mind and thoughts her purpose is to serve her contracted master. I really dont think there is any possibility of her becoming benevolent. How did you know one of my goals was to make this reality more malleable?!?! Lol

I don't think that would be nessisary in this case.
Edit tbh I kinda want to see how strong this thing can get.

Ps I don't see this servitor/egregore as solely my creation I see it as the collective work of those who created the show/manga and those who watch/read it. Sense all of their perceptions of this character went in to its creation.

Again here is the link to the character my egregore is modeled after. http://trinity-seven.wikia.com/wiki/Astil_Manuscript

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tools should be stored in colored cloth? Astralogic 0 62 10-02-2017 09:44 PM
Last Post: Astralogic
  Spells and magical idea's to uncross money curses and blockages obeahman101 10 358 09-29-2017 01:04 PM
Last Post: ZackDuckers
  How "love" and "oneness" are used as disempowering tools Homicide 28 713 09-25-2017 03:09 PM
Last Post: Wylandriah91
  Magical life hacks Wylandriah91 13 541 09-21-2017 12:59 AM
Last Post: Wylandriah91
  Spells and magical idea's to uncross money curses and blockages obeahman101 0 211 09-06-2017 07:07 AM
Last Post: obeahman101