Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tech Spells
07-21-2017, 11:08 AM
(07-21-2017 01:14 AM)Shinichi Wrote:  So "Tech" is just a Spell Grid or Spell Formation using energy constructions for the "parts" and a single sigil as the physical anchor. I've heard about "Tech" a few times over the years, but that's a lot more basic than I originally thought it was. It's basically just an over complicated unintelligent servitor.

~:Shin:~

The sigil doesn't act as a physical anchor normally, I just provided the sigil as a way of sharing the tech spell. Once the tech spell has been casted once from the sigil the sigil is no longer needed if you want to cast it again. You are right about energy constructions being used for parts however the energy constructions used aren't basic (usually). You are right about the unintelligent part (at least at my level; I have read about other tech magicians creating intelligent tech based servitors) or though why do think it's over complicated?

I have probably explained tech a lot worse than other people have so there is that factor as well. One of the reasons why I wrote the tutorial was so I could get feedback and understand what I still need to work on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2017, 12:55 PM
(07-21-2017 11:08 AM)casruf Wrote:  The sigil doesn't act as a physical anchor normally, I just provided the sigil as a way of sharing the tech spell.

That's one of the usual uses of an anchor, especially sigils.

(07-21-2017 11:08 AM)casruf Wrote:  Once the tech spell has been casted once from the sigil the sigil is no longer needed if you want to cast it again.

Neither are most other things attached to a sigil once you can apply the deeper layers of sigil magic.

(07-21-2017 11:08 AM)casruf Wrote:  You are right about energy constructions being used for parts however the energy constructions used aren't basic (usually). You are right about the unintelligent part (at least at my level; I have read about other tech magicians creating intelligent tech based servitors) or though why do think it's over complicated?

The bold part is the answer to your question at the end. Energy Constructions, even more than most other kinds of magic, must apply the KISS principle. Keep It Simple, Stupid. The more complicated each part is, the more likely things are to experience some form of dissonance, lag, or clogging. While such issues are relatively easy to repair if you possess the skill, they should not occur in the first place in a properly designed formation, or "tech."

This isn't to say that such things can't be elaborate or complicated, but it depends on the purpose and the skill of the creator. This is a thing I sketched on the fly to show someone how to draw energy from one place and into another using sigil based energy constructions, which is very basic and relatively easy since you don't need much energy working skill to do it. This is a rather old talisman that used to hang in my house to serve as a Ward - each rune, symbol (even the circles and squares), line, and name on that talisman were synchronized towards the purposes of protecting my domain. Several different sources (visible and not) of energy and power all organized and marching towards the same purpose, like different units marching in a military formation in the same direction.

And those are just a couple of symbol based pieces. Entire volumes could be written on how to combine different spells, even very different kinds of spells, in Formation towards the same goal. I don't even know many other folks who practice like this in the West, except for things like Crystal Grids. It's the same general principle, except all kinds of spells can be linked together like that into bigger things. This is an important part of my Spellcraft, and it's not even one of the advanced principles of my Spellcraft.

(07-21-2017 11:08 AM)casruf Wrote:  I have probably explained tech a lot worse than other people have so there is that factor as well. One of the reasons why I wrote the tutorial was so I could get feedback and understand what I still need to work on.

Oh, don't worry. Your explanations aren't as bad as you think, and anyone with intelligence and skill can just analyze the thing you shared for themselves.

I'll give you a piece of advice that you can ignore if you want, but know that it was given by someone who spent several years studying Psionics and similar things through the OEC.

Learn some old magic. Tech is neat, but it'll only carry you so far. The entirety of Psionics and the entirety of Tech (or at least, something similar enough to it) are included in the system of Magick that I practice now, and several other traditions as well. Traditional Spellcraft is a lot like Tech, but using physical things like minerals, herbs, metals, or even just paper and ink as your "parts" can produce much greater potency with less energetic effort - because you're using more than just your energy, you're combining existent energies and properties in a way that produces your desired purposes. If that isn't efficient, then what the hell is?

07-22-2017, 04:38 AM
While many of you think raw will spells are "amateurish", I'll say you haven't learned to properly focus your will. Once you learn to do that, will-working is one of the more efficient methods you can use. No rituals, no spells, no sigils, just focused intention. Direct magick at it's best. Well I'm my personal opinion the best form of magick.

I'm not here to make you feel special.
07-22-2017, 05:01 AM
(07-22-2017 04:38 AM)HellBlazer Wrote:  While many of you think raw will spells are "amateurish", I'll say you haven't learned to properly focus your will. Once you learn to do that, will-working is one of the more efficient methods you can use. No rituals, no spells, no sigils, just focused intention. Direct magick at it's best. Well I'm my personal opinion the best form of magick.

While raw will spells aren't amateurish, the ones described by the OP which were coined "raw will spells" certainly are.

[Image: skull_star_2.jpg]
07-22-2017, 06:07 AM
I'm a will-worker. Will/intent based casting is my thing and while I hold more to the psychological model of magick. I leave wiggle room. Direct magick has been my thing for as long as I remember. I get a bit peeved when people disrespect it. It took me years to develop the mental focus to work my will.

07-22-2017, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2017 10:40 PM by casruf.)
(07-21-2017 12:55 PM)Shinichi Wrote:  
(07-21-2017 11:08 AM)casruf Wrote:  The sigil doesn't act as a physical anchor normally, I just provided the sigil as a way of sharing the tech spell.

That's one of the usual uses of an anchor, especially sigils.

(07-21-2017 11:08 AM)casruf Wrote:  Once the tech spell has been casted once from the sigil the sigil is no longer needed if you want to cast it again.

Neither are most other things attached to a sigil once you can apply the deeper layers of sigil magic.

(07-21-2017 11:08 AM)casruf Wrote:  You are right about energy constructions being used for parts however the energy constructions used aren't basic (usually). You are right about the unintelligent part (at least at my level; I have read about other tech magicians creating intelligent tech based servitors) or though why do think it's over complicated?

The bold part is the answer to your question at the end. Energy Constructions, even more than most other kinds of magic, must apply the KISS principle. Keep It Simple, Stupid. The more complicated each part is, the more likely things are to experience some form of dissonance, lag, or clogging. While such issues are relatively easy to repair if you possess the skill, they should not occur in the first place in a properly designed formation, or "tech."

This isn't to say that such things can't be elaborate or complicated, but it depends on the purpose and the skill of the creator. This is a thing I sketched on the fly to show someone how to draw energy from one place and into another using sigil based energy constructions, which is very basic and relatively easy since you don't need much energy working skill to do it. This is a rather old talisman that used to hang in my house to serve as a Ward - each rune, symbol (even the circles and squares), line, and name on that talisman were synchronized towards the purposes of protecting my domain. Several different sources (visible and not) of energy and power all organized and marching towards the same purpose, like different units marching in a military formation in the same direction.

And those are just a couple of symbol based pieces. Entire volumes could be written on how to combine different spells, even very different kinds of spells, in Formation towards the same goal. I don't even know many other folks who practice like this in the West, except for things like Crystal Grids. It's the same general principle, except all kinds of spells can be linked together like that into bigger things. This is an important part of my Spellcraft, and it's not even one of the advanced principles of my Spellcraft.

(07-21-2017 11:08 AM)casruf Wrote:  I have probably explained tech a lot worse than other people have so there is that factor as well. One of the reasons why I wrote the tutorial was so I could get feedback and understand what I still need to work on.

Oh, don't worry. Your explanations aren't as bad as you think, and anyone with intelligence and skill can just analyze the thing you shared for themselves.

I'll give you a piece of advice that you can ignore if you want, but know that it was given by someone who spent several years studying Psionics and similar things through the OEC.

Learn some old magic. Tech is neat, but it'll only carry you so far. The entirety of Psionics and the entirety of Tech (or at least, something similar enough to it) are included in the system of Magick that I practice now, and several other traditions as well. Traditional Spellcraft is a lot like Tech, but using physical things like minerals, herbs, metals, or even just paper and ink as your "parts" can produce much greater potency with less energetic effort - because you're using more than just your energy, you're combining existent energies and properties in a way that produces your desired purposes. If that isn't efficient, then what the hell is?

Thanks for sharing some sigils of yours with me Smiling I do agree with you about the need for keeping things simple. Usually when I cast spells I don't think about all the individual parts, I just think of the spell as a whole and cast that. My personal opinion is that casting the tech spells as well as how the tech spells function should be as simple as possible (but not any simpler) however I've noticed complexity emerges when it comes to trying to understand how things work as well as verbalizing that; After my next post, I will most likely begin work on simplifying my explanation. I will experiment with traditional magic or though I am currently limited because I still live with my family (I'm still a teenager) and they oppose magic, so I can't let them find out. Thanks for replying and giving me great advice Smiling

(07-22-2017 04:38 AM)HellBlazer Wrote:  While many of you think raw will spells are "amateurish", I'll say you haven't learned to properly focus your will. Once you learn to do that, will-working is one of the more efficient methods you can use. No rituals, no spells, no sigils, just focused intention. Direct magick at it's best. Well I'm my personal opinion the best form of magick.

What's your opinion on the difference between will and intention? When it comes to casting tech spells most of it is in the background for me and it's just focusing on the spell itself; I completely agree with you about the importance of focusing ones will. It's taken me a long time to get to the stage where I can focus while I'm astrally sensing and without that focus I would suck. I have found my tech spell to help in that area or though the tech spell alone isn't enough.

(07-22-2017 06:07 AM)HellBlazer Wrote:  I'm a will-worker. Will/intent based casting is my thing and while I hold more to the psychological model of magick. I leave wiggle room. Direct magick has been my thing for as long as I remember. I get a bit peeved when people disrespect it. It took me years to develop the mental focus to work my will.

I have noticed from my basic attempts at will-working that I've been limited by energy as well as energy pathways compared to intent. Tech spells haven't changed much for me for intent however they've completely changed how I use energy. Thanks for commenting, if there's anything I have misunderstood feel free to let me know Smiling
07-22-2017, 11:04 PM
Quote:I have noticed from my basic attempts at will-working that I've been limited by energy as well as energy pathways compared to intent.

That's why you either remove the mental block that says you're limited, or you create a source for "energy". Libido is a good one. It's easy to test out. Just be celibate in all aspect of the word for 28 days. Then metaphorically channel that pent up emotional energy into your intention.

The will is the motive force between intent and action. When the intent moves you, you are engaging your will. Sexual energy is highly motive. But think of this this way literally, Imagine yourself yawning, not the word but the action. Think about the sounds, feelings, sensations, all that goes with it. Mentally repeat all this over and over again till you actually yawn. Once you've yawned you've engaged the will. This can be done with nearly any sensation or action you want to take.

It's the difference between will-working and L.O.A.

The l.o.a. practitioner is often told to think about what they want and feel happy. The will-worker thinks about what they want till a motive force is created. This takes a long time to develop. If you think that conserving your sexual energy will fuel your intent, then do that. If you think that you just need to practice, do that. For myself I quit over-complicating it all. I think about what I want till I am moved.

I mean, think about the last time you wanted a sandwich. How long did ti take for you to get up and make one? Not much different really.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Energy Programming/Manipulation vs. Spells Hookko 5 1,046 09-02-2016 12:15 AM
Last Post: NeoShammy