Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Greatest Magical Teachers
12-27-2016, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2016 04:15 PM by Vitki.)
Hello wizardforum. I know many of you on here are here in hopes of learning magic. While you may find a good hint or bit of information online now and then, 99% of what you will find is crap.

Furthermore, there are TONS of people who are more unqualified than a toiletseat out there who would love to be your teacher, for a small fee of X, or just to stroke their own ego.

Most of the time this ends up being fine because either their knowledge is so baseless no dangerous results occur, or, the person is just not magical. There are rare occasions where someone who is genuinely gifted with magic learned from someone who doesnt know what they are talking about, and ends up really hurting themselves or someone their care about.

Be cautious of who you put your faith and trust in. There are still true and real practitioners of magic in the world though. Only a handful for sure though.

Lastly you will learn more magic from practice than from books. The Spirits and Nature were the first and best teachers of the Secret Arts. Anything else is a secondary (or more) source.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2016, 04:17 PM
When you say the spirits of nature do you mean earth/wind/fire/air, or do you mean that as in animism, rock spirit, tree spirit, pencil spirit? Is there no conduit in the entire world that hasn't tainted the information or teachings that have been taught? If there has been a direct line for information to come from higher beings to us, then could you please explain what/ where to find that? Divination may be an option but unfortunately it seems that "trickster entities" may have an agenda to give us almost correct answers.
12-27-2016, 04:25 PM
The elemental spirits (gnomes undines etc) and the spirits of rocks trees rivers etc are all spirits that can teach you.

Each time the information is passed on it becomes slightly more tented with the understandings of the speaker. Like a game of telephone.

Trickster spirits have a purpose and can teach us just as much.

As for a direct line, Meditate and learn to go into ecstatic trance and leave your body.

It isnt that legit human teachers dont exist, but the information they give you wont compare to the information from the spirits themselves.
12-27-2016, 04:35 PM
I think the greatest magical teacher on this website is probably Vitki and everyone should PM Vitki and also if Vitki could provide an email or make an account for that they could get started educating people in private as well as in public. The public information should be copious and well sourced even if the sources are personal experiences or anecdotal stories or whatever.

I don't and never have taught anything to anyone, even my user name says so.

Was this thread created based on the one I made called Sturmandrang or whatever? Sorry if that offended you.

I really know nothing about anything, and anyone who talks to me can tell that I have nothing to give them or help them with. People who have emailed me at [email protected] have also discovered I have no knowledge whatsoever regarding anything at all, and to top it off I probably won't be visiting this website too much as well.

So since I know absolutely nothing about anything, I highly recommend people take more seriously the opinions and lessons Vitki may have and disregard absolutely anything and everything I may say, since listening to a fool, a liar, and a delusional fraud can be dangerous.
12-27-2016, 04:36 PM
(12-27-2016 04:25 PM)Vitki Wrote:  As for a direct line, Meditate and learn to go into ecstatic trance and leave your body.

When you say ecstatic trance, is this the coveted gnostic trance I keep hearing about? Also, since we are on the topic and you seem to know your stuff, would this be similar to experiencing void meditation?
12-27-2016, 04:46 PM
Artis, my post was a general post because over the past several weeks i have seen many "i will teach you/do magic for you" posts over and over by a ton of different people. Dont make everything about you.

Also no one should message me about teaching them anything. I only teach in person and i promise it is exceptionally not fun.

Doctorstrange, i am not a gnostic so i couldnt say for sure. But i would imagine they are at least cousins. Trance is exceptionally important in magic but there are a ton of other things to learn first. You should really just meditate for a really long time in my opinion. As far as "void meditation" goes. Im not really sure of what that means unless it is mental silence. In which case then no, trance and mental silence are not the same thing.
12-27-2016, 05:16 PM
(12-27-2016 04:46 PM)Vitki Wrote:  Artis, my post was a general post because over the past several weeks i have seen many "i will teach you/do magic for you" posts over and over by a ton of different people. Dont make everything about you.

Also no one should message me about teaching them anything. I only teach in person and i promise it is exceptionally not fun.

Doctorstrange, i am not a gnostic so i couldnt say for sure. But i would imagine they are at least cousins. Trance is exceptionally important in magic but there are a ton of other things to learn first. You should really just meditate for a really long time in my opinion. As far as "void meditation" goes. Im not really sure of what that means unless it is mental silence. In which case then no, trance and mental silence are not the same thing.

I wasn't making it about me, even though everything is very literally about me, that isn't my fault at least.

I was just giving the suggestion to everyone that they should disregard what I've written on this forum. If they are wise enough to do so, like many others have, they have thus distinguished themselves in that fashion. Anyone who does read what I write for example, may potentially benefit from it or the process of examining it, but its also useful sometimes in many ways to tell people not to pursue a thing, in the same way which you have. I was only continuing what seemed to be your point.

Furthermore, if anyone makes the claim that "such and such is fake/not magic" that means they are claiming "I know what is magic and not magic" or in a colloquial way "it takes one to know one" which might also mean "if you're not like me, you're not whatever I am claiming to be".

There are a great many things to ponder in what you've written.

When I've left this website for the most part, you'll be the only brain left here and that is a heavy responsibility. You and the "real magicians" on this website (like sikander for example and fixerkitty, amxha and travsha, throw in a shaula and a spiderella for good measure) have the task placed before you to help those who are seeking to learn the arts which you are certain are so specific as to whatever it is you know which others don't seem to be talking about thus they are not fitting into the category of whatever it is you know or consider yourself to be.

For example, a CIA agent might be able to look up their list of "CIA agents" or the roster and say "such and such does not appear on the list", and the same list must exist for Magicians as well. The Magician Society which we are all members of (if we are Magicians that is), simply have a roster and if you're not on it, and if you don't wiggle your butt in a certain way, you know what I mean, that wiggle, yes, then you simply don't qualify.

Unless that is, you're somehow so deep undercover and working for the "other side" somehow, without their people informing the Magical Society, and why wouldn't they inform us? It must be because there is some sort of mole who has gotten too far into the Magical Society and so the "other side" has sent agents that even we don't know about, or something.

In any case, could you help me out with a few things. What exactly is "magic" and "not magic"? You've seen me going around and asking people about that, I'm generally curious what everyone thinks.

What in your mind would qualify someone as a "real magician" and "not a real magician" or witch, and what could they possibly say that would through them right out?

For example, can I be a Christian if I say Christ should perish or how about damning myself by cursing the Holy Spirit, perhaps if I say "f*ck the Holy Spirit" or May the Holy Spirit Perish as well and be DAMNED for all the Evil in the World which it has permitted and supported, curses upon it and may it be destroyed and eliminated forever. Would I still be a Christian or would I be disqualified?

So I'd like to know about the "heresies" in this community. For example, what is it that are the absolute requirements to be "in the know regarding magic, and a real practitioner, as compared to a fake"?

sikander for example mentioned a "cone of power" that he sits (relies) upon, and it seemed that belief may be very important for what he considers to be "real magick" as compared to "fake magic".

I support you Vitki and your claims, I am not here to deny any of what you all say, but only wish to learn more about it and the distinctions that are made and how they are made.

This is also an important topic in general. Who would you respect as a "real magician" as compared to a "fake magician"?

Oh, here is another question. Does a person in your view have to actually DO something in order to BE a thing? For example, if a person wants to steal, and would steal, but never actually gets the chance to achieve it, are they still a thief?

In that case, I am a serial killer, but one that would never break the law, unless the law was unjust, but the most important thing to me is getting away with things and not being threatened, which also makes me a thief and maybe even a rapist. I don't even kill insects or harm or cut plants deliberately, but my whole life is dedicated to killing, stealing, raping one way or another, and Death and Destruction is my mantra, and my unfortunate God, that I both despise and worship through and by and with Fear and Horror.

So these are some things to think about. Not for you to think about, since they are just trash of course, but for those who don't listen to my plea that they don't listen to what I have to say because they certainly can not learn anything worthwhile from pondering these things at all.
12-27-2016, 10:50 PM
Without spiritual guidance, books on magic are useless anyway.
Originally I came up in this thread to say "nuh-uh no way" but honestly evaluating my experiences, I have to agree.
I have gotten IMs from people complaining that 'the books don't work' for them,
but they just haven't tried (or don't know how to) reach out to the spirits guarding the knowledge.

I'm still not sure why folks are under the impression that learning magic will be pleasant in the long or short term, either.
Spirits are not nice 24/7... especially the ones trying to teach you something worth a damn.
You need to have a strong backbone to work with spirits, or at least know some fortifying magic that will help you survive their training.

"For, precisely as when our souls are moved by some ordinary cause,
so the soul moves all the members of the body to contribute something
toward the accomplishment of a contemplated work."
- [X]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-27-2016, 11:19 PM
Perhaps spirits arent nice because they see the same "wants & demands" by humans.

Moneys, sex, position, girlfriends, breaking relationships, jobs, killing, cursing, becoming more powerful in x and y and z, healings, etc.

Just scrolling through the spells and net and youll see this. Maybe im an idiot but few seem all that concerned for the spirits or nonselfish desires. The demand slowly goes up and people want to do less and less. A quickening of sorts. Spillage over the precipice and spirits perhaps only teach a select few.

Gluttony greed and lust for what can be had while being slothful to get it. They envy others and rage and take pride doing such bringing them down. Thats a negative way to look at it.

But i am in a loop of evaluating what has worth and meaning beyond basic needs. If you die then material seems pointless. If lethe washes souls upon death to void emptiness then deeds, learning, and memories were pointless for self.

Even so, i guess if spirits remember the human for what it was and did esp for working with them then maybe its worth it. As usual i speculate death.

I'M A DRUNK!!!
[Image: beer%2025.png]
12-28-2016, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2016 03:57 AM by The Artis Magistra.)
(12-27-2016 10:50 PM)amxha Wrote:  Without spiritual guidance, books on magic are useless anyway.
Originally I came up in this thread to say "nuh-uh no way" but honestly evaluating my experiences, I have to agree.
I have gotten IMs from people complaining that 'the books don't work' for them,
but they just haven't tried (or don't know how to) reach out to the spirits guarding the knowledge.

I'm still not sure why folks are under the impression that learning magic will be pleasant in the long or short term, either.
Spirits are not nice 24/7... especially the ones trying to teach you something worth a damn.
You need to have a strong backbone to work with spirits, or at least know some fortifying magic that will help you survive their training.

Why? If the spirits make you a spirit, then you won't be worried about magic anymore, and you'll be the teacher taking out your frustration trying to haze people or whatever.

(12-27-2016 11:19 PM)FarhnamDrunk Wrote:  Perhaps spirits arent nice because they see the same "wants & demands" by humans.

Moneys, sex, position, girlfriends, breaking relationships, jobs, killing, cursing, becoming more powerful in x and y and z, healings, etc.

When you are horny and your hand keeps going through your penis, you will know the meaning of not being nice!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Magical Results: What Have You Accomplished? The God-King 227 19,352 02-19-2017 06:05 PM
Last Post: juledianwindrider
  Summoning or conjuring fictional magical tools. Greendragonwolfkin 26 558 01-16-2017 02:58 PM
Last Post: Greendragonwolfkin
  Practicioners/Teachers? XXTh3ButcherXX 0 69 01-11-2017 10:27 AM
Last Post: XXTh3ButcherXX
  Question: What do you use for consecration and cleanse of magical equipments caba0014 4 114 01-03-2017 08:28 PM
Last Post: josh joe
  Should Israel Regardie's One Year Manual be considered the greatest beginner's book? Broadvenom 10 395 12-22-2016 10:51 AM
Last Post: HighColonic