Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Greatest Magical Teachers
12-28-2016, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2016 05:12 AM by Shaula.)
I don't care about the others, but I would politely ask that people here keep my name the fuck out of their mouths unless addressing me directly. I've never once claimed to be a "real magician" (I'm not even a magician lol) or offered any services as a magical teacher or claimed anyone else here does or doesn't know anything about magic. I'm not as obsessed with defining what "is" or "is not" magic as other parties here seem to be, as I'd prefer to spend my time practicing directly and hearing about other people's experiential practices. I will continue to share what I have learned through my own experiences as I feel moved to do so and I could honestly give two shits who considers them "legitimate magic" and who doesn't. And if that's an issue for anyone here, feel free to put me on ignore.

That's all I will say on this matter or on this silly baiting thread.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2016, 05:26 AM
(12-27-2016 04:25 PM)Vitki Wrote:  The elemental spirits (gnomes undines etc) and the spirits of rocks trees rivers etc are all spirits that can teach you.

Trickster spirits have a purpose and can teach us just as much.

Okay, can you give any type of outline of how I would go about contacting these spirits? Should it be in nature, invocation, evocation? Steps would be nice or maybe a link to a thread that you know about that may already have these laid out.
12-28-2016, 06:24 AM
Doctorstrange, whenever people ask me for advice i almost always tell then to look into initiation into hermetics by franz bardon. There are very few books in the world that teach legitimate magical techniques, Bardons IIH book assumes the reader knows nothing and teaches them magic from step one.
12-28-2016, 06:48 AM
Yeah, I'm on Step 1 of IIH. While I am doing daily meditations, I added daily energy work, and a daily invocation, I was wondering if there is anything else I might be able to do to bolster this ability or bring forth results. Maybe make my invocations to other spirits, Do a different invocation to a different spirit every day until I get a "hit"?

On a separate note, this was the thread that caused TAM to be banned? Surprised I'v never witnessed a banning before...
12-28-2016, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2016 07:02 AM by amxha.)
Where is this strawman of "true/real magic" coming from anyway?
I've never argued over the nature of whatever the hell "real magic" is. Maybe it could refer to being able to keep a consistent record of magical failures and successes??
Most of my arguments stem from efficiently studying the cosmology and background of what you purport to use in your practice.
It has nothing to do with whether or not I consider myself a "true magician". I definitely consider scholarship a big part of magical practice, tho.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, if you do a google forum search on folks who use the phrase, "real magician", this thread pops up, along with debates or discussions on books and experiences.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=real+magician+site%...forums.com

If you have to make strawmans to make your thread legitimate, then something is wrong.

"For, precisely as when our souls are moved by some ordinary cause,
so the soul moves all the members of the body to contribute something
toward the accomplishment of a contemplated work."
- [X]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-28-2016, 06:59 AM
It would be better to focus one one thing at a time. Multitasking only lessens the potential of all tasks being performed, it does not make all tasks being performed better.
12-28-2016, 08:37 AM
The greatest magical teachers are PRACTICAL EXPERIENCES - like in martial arts you must EXPECT when doing magic a few bruises and grazes et al.

J

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Summoning or conjuring fictional magical tools. Greendragonwolfkin 26 438 Yesterday 02:58 PM
Last Post: Greendragonwolfkin
  Practicioners/Teachers? XXTh3ButcherXX 0 54 01-11-2017 10:27 AM
Last Post: XXTh3ButcherXX
  Question: What do you use for consecration and cleanse of magical equipments caba0014 4 90 01-03-2017 08:28 PM
Last Post: josh joe
  Should Israel Regardie's One Year Manual be considered the greatest beginner's book? Broadvenom 10 334 12-22-2016 10:51 AM
Last Post: HighColonic
  magical mishap saved by an entity... or something. Liv 7 208 12-09-2016 04:59 PM
Last Post: Nanaimo-Jim