Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Painting Thread.
03-20-2015, 03:42 AM
O.O I am shocked that there is a section for graphics, but no section for art.

Anyways. I know there are a lot of you who paint.

I wanna see some of your artwork!

Share Cool

555+111=666 Illuminati confirmed. Surprised
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2015, 03:43 AM
I posted a few of my paintings a while back - I need to paint more xD
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2015, 03:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015 03:51 AM by vinceguntr0n.)
[Image: 0316152209.jpg]

Here's something I'm working on right now. One of my more abstract paintings.

03-20-2015, 03:50 AM
I actually really like this one c:
'what is it of?' if I may~
03-20-2015, 04:01 AM
(03-20-2015 03:50 AM)Feywer96 Wrote:  I actually really like this one c:
'what is it of?' if I may~

Well usually when I paint I paint to express my emotions.

If I had to put a title on this it would be "touch what hurts"

There is a face that is kissing a red orb. To me red symbolizes passion. I made it into a orb vs a fire or something else of the such because a orb is reflective, and I like to see my passions as a reflection of who I am.

As for on the right you may see a somewhat angelic figure... It is one of my thought forms.

The mountains just represent somewhere I want to escape too. lol

I'm really bad at composition. I just go with the flow when I paint. I don't think to much about it. It usually just comes.

03-20-2015, 04:03 AM
Well I like it! ^_^
Is this one complete or still in the works? :^)

I might have to dig up old pics of paintings now lol
03-20-2015, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015 04:08 AM by vinceguntr0n.)
(03-20-2015 04:03 AM)Feywer96 Wrote:  Well I like it! ^_^
Is this one complete or still in the works? :^)

I might have to dig up old pics of paintings now lol

this one is still in the works, but I'm not very good at working on paintings more than once. I get impatient, and lazy. I probably won't finish/work on it anytime soon.

I still need to render a few things in the painting. Rendering is a pain in the ass Sad

Can't wait to see some of your work!

03-20-2015, 04:09 AM
I get stuck 'what to paint' - not what I want to paint on the canvas itself - but I get frustrated on which objects to paint where - the background/foreground I have trouble with sometimes~
03-20-2015, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015 04:26 AM by vinceguntr0n.)
(03-20-2015 04:09 AM)Feywer96 Wrote:  I get stuck 'what to paint' - not what I want to paint on the canvas itself - but I get frustrated on which objects to paint where - the background/foreground I have trouble with sometimes~

I think It is good to follow the Golden Means when in doubt of where to position objects. As for order in which you paint the objects in your painting is entirely the preference of the artist.

When I paint I usually start with the background first, then I work on the main focus of the painting, then when I get tired of working on that/need to wait for the paint to dry, I will start working on the second focus this process continues throughout the painting.

Some people like to paint by sketching, then coloring each area individually. I myself do not have the patience that way. I usually throw the whole background on the canvas, then pain over it.

I don't worry about messing up too much because you can just paint over it.

03-20-2015, 04:33 AM
(03-20-2015 04:25 AM)vinceguntr0n Wrote:  I think It is good to follow the Golden Means when in doubt of where to position objects. As for order in which you paint the objects in your painting is entirely the preference of the artist.

When I paint I usually start with the background first, then I work on the main focus of the painting, then when I get tired of working on that/need to wait for the paint to dry, I will start working on the second focus this process continues throughout the painting.

Some people like to paint by sketching, then coloring each area individually. I myself do not have the patience that way. I usually throw the whole background on the canvas, then pain over it.

I don't worry about messing up too much because you can just paint over it.

Yeah, my brother also says that about painting - to do the background first and then 'paint up' to through the foreground in successive layers; I tend to do what you said about sketching and colouring each area - I tend to paint one 'section', and then then I'll add onto it - and then work to another; highly erratic and makes me stop and pause to think about 'wait what am I going to do next?' ugh lol
Anyway - hahaha yeah - you can just paint over it - it's not the end of the world lol
Well, if you paint too many layers the canvas looses it's 'tooth' - you know? it'll start 'blotching' and looking like shit... One time I wanted to make a really deep deep black background for a painting, and was painting over an existing [crappy] layer of red - so it took like 4 coats of black; and in the end when I wanted to paint what I went for on top of it - it was horrible lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Epic Pictures Thread Protestant Priest 102 21,951 12-11-2015 06:40 PM
Last Post: Angelo
  What do you guys think of my painting? :) Feywer96 23 2,026 10-22-2015 05:41 PM
Last Post: Valazar
  Blue Thread Design Spork 4 1,227 06-14-2012 02:41 AM
Last Post: Thor
  First thread design Sasori 8 1,387 05-05-2012 03:57 PM
Last Post: [B]
  HATIX - 100% professional GFX - Youtube Backgrounds \\ Thread Layouts \\ Web Template Hatix 4 1,258 04-22-2012 09:22 PM
Last Post: Hatix