Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Science Delusion
02-05-2017, 01:35 PM
"If you deny a clear preponderance of evidence, you have crossed the line from legitimate skeptic to ideological denier." - Stephen H. Schneider

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2017, 03:37 PM
They do it all the time

If you look into The james Randi challenge you'll see it's a joke.
02-05-2017, 05:30 PM
(02-05-2017 03:37 PM)Mider2009 Wrote:  They do it all the time

If you look into The james Randi challenge you'll see it's a joke.

He's another shill.

Penn and Teller too. They had a series where one show mocked psychic research and another that said GMO's are safe and the only way to feed the planet.
02-05-2017, 06:46 PM
That is because bad guys have lots of money and for some reason feel the need to keep the general public sedated with propaganda.

If immortality was made available to the people then there would be other problems so they view it as their duty to keep the masses culled with disease poverty war and death as a dirty but necessary evil.
02-06-2017, 03:45 AM
I think a distinction between 'science' and 'scientism' should be drawn. Science does not have many, if any, applications in the lives of everyday folk, if you think of how to build a bridge for example, you will run into problems that have nothing to do with the scientific method at all. Scientism is the belief that science is this wonderful thing that will answer everything and fix all the world's problems, it is an overexaggerated belief in the scientific method, which never actually declares anything as true, as it works through falsification.

I have massive amounts of respect for science, religion and philosophy and I don't think they have to remain serparate, but at the same time, I think a grand unifying theory is a dream that will never materialise.

02-06-2017, 04:46 AM
(02-06-2017 03:45 AM)Ontical Wrote:  I think a distinction between 'science' and 'scientism' should be drawn. Science does not have many, if any, applications in the lives of everyday folk, if you think of how to build a bridge for example, you will run into problems that have nothing to do with the scientific method at all. Scientism is the belief that science is this wonderful thing that will answer everything and fix all the world's problems, it is an overexaggerated belief in the scientific method, which never actually declares anything as true, as it works through falsification.

I have massive amounts of respect for science, religion and philosophy and I don't think they have to remain serparate, but at the same time, I think a grand unifying theory is a dream that will never materialise.

That was only one segment of the video.

Much of the video was about the suppression of free energy technology. The research documents are there. No need for oil, no need for utility bills. No need to invade countries for oil. Free energy might not improve your life, but as a senior on Medicare it would improve mine.

Scientific facts about the lies from Big Pharma would greatly improve my life and lifespan. In one section the video goes into the process of how the drug companies come up with a disease hire Doctors and University professors to write sales letters disguised as unbiased research, has the media blast the info. Pays Wikipedia to post their claims and refuse posts of dissenting views.

The fraud goes on and on. At my age it's time consuming separating the wheat from the chaff.

The truth would make my life better.
02-06-2017, 05:32 AM
On the other hand, one has to be vigilant when looking into alternative sources for information as well. The main reason why alternative energy sources are not being exploited is because of neoliberal politicians and businessmen slashing billions from government spending on those projects.

As for medicine in the states, I think collective bargaining needs to be implimented, which would curb the profit motive.

The only way forward is something more anarchic, simpler ways of living that don't depend on the state, but we are becoming more and more enclosed so this become more difficult. I don't think we are progressing towards an ideal, I think we are becoming increasingly fragmented and power structures that run in a capillary fashion through society divide into smaller and smaller units - whhen you look through history at what we call 'events' of things happening in separate times, we actually observe ruptures, like volcanic explosions of social changes.

02-06-2017, 05:53 AM
(02-06-2017 05:32 AM)Ontical Wrote:  On the other hand, one has to be vigilant when looking into alternative sources for information as well. The main reason why alternative energy sources are not being exploited is because of neoliberal politicians and businessmen slashing billions from government spending on those projects.

As for medicine in the states, I think collective bargaining needs to be implimented, which would curb the profit motive.

The only way forward is something more anarchic, simpler ways of living that don't depend on the state, but we are becoming more and more enclosed so this become more difficult. I don't think we are progressing towards an ideal, I think we are becoming increasingly fragmented and power structures that run in a capillary fashion through society divide into smaller and smaller units - whhen you look through history at what we call 'events' of things happening in separate times, we actually observe ruptures, like volcanic explosions of social changes.

I am vigilant. I have a D.C. degree and know how to research and how the AMA lies. Many people don't know that the AMA was started by people from Bayer, who used concentration camp prisoners to conduct research.

The reason for the need to know about the science establishment is that the original agenda created by Rhodes, was a one world gov't run by scientists.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Most Censored Science Books jcolanzi 0 340 08-03-2017 08:11 PM
Last Post: jcolanzi
  The Science Revolution jcolanzi 0 412 03-26-2017 12:55 PM
Last Post: jcolanzi
  Do We Live in The Matrix? Science seems to think so Warcloud 31 3,285 12-25-2015 02:51 AM
Last Post: magari
  Magick or science delight 0 561 05-04-2015 08:29 PM
Last Post: delight
  Science/Magick Journal darangal 4 1,190 04-16-2015 04:50 AM
Last Post: SteampunkScientist