Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Source of Occult Power
01-16-2017, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 02:28 PM by Feywer96.)
I think when you ask such a complex but also seemingly easy question, you are bound to get people that boil it down to "this" and "that". When generally it's never like that.
Anyway with my assertion I take neither side. Beyond the self I don't look at "if it's psychological or spiritual" because "what works for me - works". "who cares what other people think" if the practice you're doing is getting you the results that you desire? They say magic is all about results.
If you limit yourself and say "psychology!" then there is a lot you miss out on. If you limit yourself as say "spirits!" there is some value in psychology you can miss out on. Both have some good points and ideas about the matter as a whole. Instead of polarizing to one, accept both and see a wider outlook. It can be a little of this, and a little of that.
Magicians can debate in circles about where they think the power from the occult comes from. And for the most part I think that a lot of consideration on that topic has yielded some good insights. But when it boils down into a "psychological versus real" (as in spirits &etc) the discussion usually looses it's steam and any chances of more insights being made Tounge
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2017, 02:24 PM
All that matters is writhing in mud. So many inflections, pronounciations, changes in spelling, removing the s, changing writhing to writing even though it is, and it is, and even writing is writhing, and again. So for my statements, wherever you see them, take as much from them as possible.
Find all posts by this user
01-16-2017, 02:24 PM
(01-16-2017 02:08 PM)Heilsweg Wrote:  To give a quick and over-simplified buddhist teaching - when you meditate, when you get into that "nothingness" void of thought, movement, and feeling. When you temporarily distance yourself from attachments, even if for a second. You may be surprised that you don't experience "nothing" (you can't experience nothing, it becomes non-experience) but in that state of "nothing" you actually experience a deep sensation of well-being and love. And from that space, some pretty incredible action and manifestation can occur. This is the perspective of some buddhists, at least.

I have been looking for combining the nothingness state of mind achievable through meditation with magic. Would this be a "I have attained this state of mind, now, $500 cash is in front of me" and visualizing the money coming to you then it will manifest in reality? I get that in order to focus intent with NO distractions, mediation is useful, but at what levels can it be used for manifestation by itself? Maybe with some visualization? Or is that just 2 steps of a 10 step process for manifestation?
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Deep occult secrets of Duality. OldManYarg 12 170 11-17-2017 10:24 PM
Last Post: Martheenas
  Occult Paranormal Investigators Wylandriah91 26 346 11-15-2017 06:19 AM
Last Post: MotherHen
  So how did you get into the occult? DoubtfulScholar 68 2,917 10-20-2017 05:24 PM
Last Post: Wylandriah91
  Occult spin on Christian 'Beatific Vision'? carthor 3 173 10-14-2017 05:12 PM
Last Post: carthor
  Occult ways to accelerate learning process chetan10800 22 596 10-14-2017 04:10 AM
Last Post: Shinichi