Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Wraith
11-30-2016, 08:46 AM
I fit in just fine thanks. Anyway, I'll let you boys get back to casting rune stones or playing marbles whatever you call it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2016, 09:00 AM
You fit in? Lol wtf are even talking about at this point?

╔╩═║║╔╗╦║══╩╗════════════╗
║══╠╣╔║║║═══║════════════╚
╣══╝║╚╩╩╚╝══╚╔╗║╦╔╗╦╗╔╗║╦║
╔═╗╔╗║╔╗╔╗║╚╗╠╣╠╣║║║║║║║
╚═╗╠╣║║║╚╝╩║╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╩╝
╚═╝╝║║║║╚║╚╝════════════╔
╚╦═════════╦╝════════════╝
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2016, 09:31 AM
(11-30-2016 09:00 AM)Shadow Wrote:  You fit in? Lol wtf are even talking about at this point?

Exactly.
11-30-2016, 11:10 AM
Riiight. Newfag is new.

╔═╗╔╗║╔╗╔╗║╚╗╠╣╠╣║║║║║║║
╚═╗╠╣║║║╚╝╩║╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╩╝
12-05-2016, 05:15 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 05:25 AM by Ontical.)
1. How old are you?
2. What are your religious beliefs?
I'm not into the term religious for myself, but I have an immanent view of what could be called the divine ground of being, as opposed to transcendent, so something more along the lines of panentheist, where all is in God, but God is greater than nature and all material things are finite modes of an infinite God. Overall I am more into philosophy than speaking in religious terms.
3. Why do you wish to join the Wraith?
I like the anarchist principles it proclaims mainly, that it wants to help and assist other people and is against domination.
4. Do you believe it is fair that as humans we have the right to colonise other planets and potentially damage their eco-sphere for our benefit?
As an anarchist, I am against all forms of domination, I see all beings in being as cosmically humble, I see no justification for hierarchy, nor do I see colonisation as necessary. One day we will be extinct and that's not a problem to me personally, things come and go and we are but a glitch.
5. Do you believe for all good acts a bad acts happens to even it out?
No. Good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people all the time.
6. Are there any rights you have that you think someone else shouldn't be given?
No one should have the right to dominate others.
7. To you, what is god?
As I explained in 2, God is more than nature but not beyond it, nature is within it. I don't represent God in an anthropomorphic way, I don't believe God interferes with our human affairs. God is a form of will a heteronomous will, a kind of determinism, but not something that is preordained.
8. If you could change one thing about our universe, what would it be and why?
Removing oils that make fuel would be a good start I suppose! Happy

12-05-2016, 07:52 AM
I currently disagree about removing oil for fuel. I would say start over. But that is unlikely.

Good luck with your acceptance Ontical.
12-05-2016, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 03:43 PM by Ontical.)
Thanks! I should have said removing oil entirely from existence, so we never had a memory of it. Smiling

12-07-2016, 09:16 AM
Ontical: Do you eat? Technically, domination is absolutely essential to survival at this point. If we went to other planets it would be for our survival. We still need to dominate to eat, after all.

╔═╗╔╗║╔╗╔╗║╚╗╠╣╠╣║║║║║║║
╚═╗╠╣║║║╚╝╩║╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╩╝
12-07-2016, 09:31 AM
The parallels are uncanny.
12-07-2016, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 07:29 PM by Ontical.)
(12-07-2016 09:16 AM)Shadow Wrote:  Ontical: Do you eat? Technically, domination is absolutely essential to survival at this point. If we went to other planets it would be for our survival. We still need to dominate to eat, after all.

Yes, I understand how power dynamics are inescapable when it comes to food. When I speak of domination, I am referring to a socio-economic and political contingency and not an inescapable natural form of domination. There are forms of life that try to reduce this natural domination, certain types of asceticism for example, mainly Jainism, take extra care to reduce consumption of animals. They eat small bowls of rice and drink water through a filter, like a cloth, which is supposed to protect micro organisms from being consumed although I don't think it achieves this, the principle is a kind gesture. They also sweep the floor to make sure they don't step on insects too.

I'm thinking in terms of struggle here and now, as opposed to future escape for survival. I will be long dead by the time we manage to colonise another planet and those who leave the planet will be the rich, leaving everyone behind to rot. Instead of working out a way to escape the current problems we face, the resources used to escape this world could improve life in the present. I think the will to escape, or the ascetic ideal of escape, only comes into existence as a result of a tainted view of the physical world. Not that far removed from Gnosticism. If wetook more care and the dangers were reduced within our capacity to control, we probably would not have the will to escape anyway.

In the grand scheme of things, we are nothing special. We will one day go extinct and I have no problem with that. That's why I don't see it as fair to have the right to colonise other worlds, given our total disrespect for the one we currently occupy. We could still travel to other worlds if we took more care with this one, but as I already mentioned, we probably would not have the desire to escape if that was the case. I think we need an ecology for these types of technologies, ethics need to come before technology, in my opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Wraith Hawkins 56 7,629 03-18-2013 11:31 AM
Last Post: Hawkins