Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think and you will become!
01-20-2017, 10:00 AM
(01-02-2017 06:05 PM)fesco Wrote:  Is it true that what we think has significant effect on our lives? Can we manifest our thinking as a "thing" in the real world? I have been thinking about this lately that people who have negative attitude towards life tend to face problems and sadness. How far do you agree with this philosophy?

I deny such. I have experimented with opposites and tested it with numerous people. The notion seems false and driven by confirmation bias. It relies on ideas like "positive thought substance" and "negative thought substance" or substance under the name "energy" or "energies". When examined carefully the whole idea falls apart in several dimensions.

What is often called Negativity can likewise have numerous benefits and when seriously experimented with can be used therapeutically and have many benefits and even seemingly magical or supernatural or coincidental seeming luck related benefits.

If one reviews ancient history and tendencies one may also find a great deal of what would today be called negative for its supposed apoptraic qualities.

To say or think anything was positive or anything good might happen or to affirm such was at times considered asking for trouble.

Today there are remnants of this in statements like "break a leg".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2017, 05:59 PM
There are people I know who start their day by cursing their situation, their job, family member. They get never satisfied with what life has given them. They have a complaining mind which is activate 24x7. Such people can never be happy.

I believe in Karma
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply