I've already voted. But this is how I feel about the whole thing:

SAMPLE BALLOT

[ ] Donald J. Trump
[ ] Hillary Rodham-Clinton
[x] Drinking heavily until this is all over
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2016, 10:52 AM
(11-07-2016 10:04 AM)fixerkitty Wrote:  I've already voted. But this is how I feel about the whole thing:

SAMPLE BALLOT

[ ] Donald J. Trump
[ ] Hillary Rodham-Clinton
[x] Drinking heavily until this is all over

So u voted Trump then?
Find all posts by this user
11-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Hooray write-ins. And that's all I'll say.
11-07-2016, 11:31 AM
I tend to disagree that the presidential election is a facade. There is a lot going on right now where the next US president will have a lot of sway. The main thing that I am concerned about is the opening on the US Supreme Court. If Clinton wins, she will appoint a US Supreme Court justice giving us a full 9 members seated again (there are currently only 8).

If we get a more left-leaning Supreme Court justice, then there is greater potential for progressive legislation. Of course it is not that simple or straightforward, but that is the main idea. Also, a lot of the policies Obama enacted were done through executive order. Trump could overturn them, and would, if he were elected into office.

I also find Trump's repeated promise to overturn Roe vs. Wade disturbing. I don't think women's access to healthcare should be a decision left to individual states.

Anyway, I do not claim to be an expert on politics. These are just some of my feelings on the current election as US citizen.

"And the soul, if it is to know itself, into a soul must look. The stranger and the enemy, we saw him in the mirror." Seferis
11-07-2016, 02:03 PM
(11-07-2016 11:31 AM)xannie Wrote:  I tend to disagree that the presidential election is a facade. There is a lot going on right now where the next US president will have a lot of sway. The main thing that I am concerned about is the opening on the US Supreme Court. If Clinton wins, she will appoint a US Supreme Court justice giving us a full 9 members seated again (there are currently only 8).

If we get a more left-leaning Supreme Court justice, then there is greater potential for progressive legislation. Of course it is not that simple or straightforward, but that is the main idea. Also, a lot of the policies Obama enacted were done through executive order. Trump could overturn them, and would, if he were elected into office.

I also find Trump's repeated promise to overturn Roe vs. Wade disturbing. I don't think women's access to healthcare should be a decision left to individual states.

Anyway, I do not claim to be an expert on politics. These are just some of my feelings on the current election as US citizen.

A president can't overturn a Supreme Court decision. There are three ways:
1. If it's based on congressional law, the congress can simply change the law.
2. If it's based on an amendment, that amendment can be amended (again by Congress).
3. If the Supreme Court goes back and decides the original decision was wrong.

In none of those cases can Trump or any other president "overturn" a Supreme Court decision.
11-07-2016, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2016 03:35 PM by xannie.)
I think you are reading my post too literally. Trump is implying he would nominate a supreme court justice who would be willing to overturn the previous ruling. Further, what Trump could do is overturn previous executive actions Obama enacted during his presidency. (Note: these are two different things.)

There is a lot of documentation out there supporting both of these views. He also said it during at least one of the presidential debates.

"And the soul, if it is to know itself, into a soul must look. The stranger and the enemy, we saw him in the mirror." Seferis
11-07-2016, 08:03 PM
(11-07-2016 11:31 AM)xannie Wrote:  I also find Trump's repeated promise to overturn Roe vs. Wade disturbing. I don't think women's access to healthcare should be a decision left to individual states.

Sacrificing unborn children to Moloch isn't "healthcare".

[Image: Image9.jpg]

Gershom Scholem, Jewish Gnosticism, Merkabah Mysticism, and Talmudic Tradition
11-07-2016, 08:22 PM
What about this FBI dropping the charges against Clinton ? Can it help her win or on the contrary flame the population against her ?

Playing Cards Fortune Teller, PM me if you need a reading
11-07-2016, 08:37 PM
It depends. A lot of states have early voting, including AZ. I've already voted and a lot of other people have, too. Our votes are in and can't be changed.

For those going to the polls on Tuesday, who knows? I guess we'll wait and see what happens.
11-08-2016, 02:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 02:05 AM by Gonzo the Old.)
(11-07-2016 02:03 PM)TheGreatScott Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 11:31 AM)xannie Wrote:  I tend to disagree that the presidential election is a facade. There is a lot going on right now where the next US president will have a lot of sway. The main thing that I am concerned about is the opening on the US Supreme Court. If Clinton wins, she will appoint a US Supreme Court justice giving us a full 9 members seated again (there are currently only 8).

A president can't overturn a Supreme Court decision. There are three ways:
1. If it's based on congressional law, the congress can simply change the law.
2. If it's based on an amendment, that amendment can be amended (again by Congress).
3. If the Supreme Court goes back and decides the original decision was wrong.

In none of those cases can Trump or any other president "overturn" a Supreme Court decision.

A reporter allegedly asked Eisenhower if he made any mistakes. His reply was "Yes, and they are setting on the Supreme Court."

Conservative judges turn liberal and vice versa. It's a crap shoot.

As for Roe vs. Wade, I give it about as much chance of being repealed as I do of Richard Nixon being President. It's pure campaign BS and Trump knows it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why Coastal Liberals Can't Understand Rural Trump Voters jcolanzi 1 85 06-05-2017 04:38 AM
Last Post: ZackDuckers
  Down with Trump!!! Myst Moonlight 59 743 06-04-2017 12:00 AM
Last Post: ZackDuckers
  Why do you hate or dislike Donald Trump Mider2009 268 4,224 05-07-2017 01:40 PM
Last Post: Mider2009
  TRUMP Wiretap Evidence Given To House Intel Panel jcolanzi 6 205 03-22-2017 01:13 AM
Last Post: jcolanzi
  Ivanka Trump Just Made History jcolanzi 6 190 03-18-2017 01:46 PM
Last Post: jcolanzi