Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using magick to give someone the extra push they need to start practicing witchcraft.
12-30-2016, 10:52 AM
(12-30-2016 10:26 AM)Dr Strange Stuff Wrote:  
(12-30-2016 08:34 AM)JintheNinja Wrote:  I mean what exactly are you planning that you're so concerned?
You have to let people do things in their own time. It's nice you want to help, but just let dude figure it out on his own
If he's too add, not a reader, than the occult isn't really going to be for him. He ll be a dabbler possibly for life.
I mean again that you're concerned that he finds out that you did work in his name concerns me. Why don't you simply road open the dudes path. That's what anyone should do given the situation and he can choose to walk it or not.

And as ferg says give him a book. Well I agree. That's a bit of road opening on its own in a tangible way.

What exactly does this mean? "Road open the dude's path?" I have not heard of this. is that sort of like making it easier for the person to be influenced by magic or be more likely to see/experience things that will lead him down a certain path? Should I do one for myself?

Road opening rituals. Please use google before asking such questions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2016, 11:32 AM
[/quote]

have him start with small things. like consecrating magical tools, practicing tarot, performing lbrp.

this should get him in the mode to not be lazy
[/quote]

I've tried. He acts interested but never follows through, so I'd rather try some spellwork on my end to help mitigate that.
12-30-2016, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2016 12:25 PM by JintheNinja.)
Sorry I thought OP had inquired about road opening. However it was dr strange...

Anyway, don't do anything dominating, influencing, or coercive. That will def backfire if he ends getting good or better than you.
12-30-2016, 06:25 PM
(12-30-2016 12:20 PM)JintheNinja Wrote:  Sorry I thought OP had inquired about road opening. However it was dr strange...

Anyway, don't do anything dominating, influencing, or coercive. That will def backfire if he ends getting good or better than you.

Road opening spells could work for him to start in his path

Do what thou wilt
12-30-2016, 06:43 PM
He needs to be inspired by way of dreams.
12-30-2016, 06:46 PM
I'm in a similar situation with someone close to me who has a LOT of magical talent and refuses to study further or really use it.
Basically, he's suuuuuper practical to the point of self-sabotage when it comes to the spiritual arts.

I gave up on the book angle a few years back because he hates reading. He learns by doing, so we just end up doing joint spells together.

"For, precisely as when our souls are moved by some ordinary cause,
so the soul moves all the members of the body to contribute something
toward the accomplishment of a contemplated work."
- [X]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2017, 04:32 AM
In answer to the OP's original question, how about you involving him in a smaller ritual that you have good confidence actually will work.

There is nothing like success to drive up interest rates! That holds in finance as well as Magick.

Magic: When you pull a rabbit out of a hat...
Magick: When the rabbit pulls you out of a hat...
In either case, you should keep a jaundiced eye on that hat...
01-05-2017, 09:41 AM
I agree! Start small and learn simple stuff and go on from there

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Possession and Magick Dreammussings 10 748 12-27-2016 06:01 PM
Last Post: The Artis Magistra
  How can i stop negative thoughts during chaos magick? redpirate 17 769 11-11-2016 03:18 AM
Last Post: The Artis Magistra
  Magick Only Once a Day? Khimera221 11 651 11-05-2016 03:23 AM
Last Post: SteampunkScientist
  Magick That Helps With 3rd Party Claims justagirl 4 260 10-25-2016 09:35 PM
Last Post: justagirl
  can anyone give a good spell that can open the astral senses? scorpio11 27 3,436 08-26-2016 08:56 PM
Last Post: sonicboom