Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very strong feeling while meditating
01-14-2018, 10:25 AM
(01-14-2018 01:48 AM)HighColonic Wrote:  There are so many schools of thought on meditation that at this point you have to go with what you have results with. I attended a lecture from a buddhist here locally and basically what he said, is if you are having those experiences in which you described, that you are doing it wrong.... Just thought i throw that in there. Not a huge fan of buddhist theology, but maybe it has some validity. Btw, i think its half true and half bullshit.
Anyone else heard this?

Why exactly should feeling something strange be considered a failure in meditation? Did he explain this in more detail?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2018, 11:52 AM
It's because Buddhists tend to cultivate towards more spiritual states and pursue transcendence, so things like the various feely goods of meditation or the various powers that can pop up are all considered gross distractions that should be ignored. Much of Yoga is the same way, as well as numerous similar traditions.

So, if you get sucked into the side-effects, you are doing it wrong because you are focusing on the side-effects instead of the more sublime cause of them.

~:Shin:~

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-16-2018, 05:17 AM
(01-14-2018 11:52 AM)Shinichi Wrote:  It's because Buddhists tend to cultivate towards more spiritual states and pursue transcendence, so things like the various feely goods of meditation or the various powers that can pop up are all considered gross distractions that should be ignored. Much of Yoga is the same way, as well as numerous similar traditions.

So, if you get sucked into the side-effects, you are doing it wrong because you are focusing on the side-effects instead of the more sublime cause of them.

Yeah, I have heard that as well. But that's from a Bhuddist point of view.. Regular meditators of the Kundalini Yoga schools think differently, from what I have read.
But then again.. it all dependes.. some Mystery/Magick Traditions even say that You are not supposed to raise the Kundalini energy up to the Crown Chakra because you'll be trapped in Maya.. I'd say from a gnostic point of view, If I'm not mistaken... any thoughts on this ?

“The trick was just not wanting anything. That was power. That was courage: the courage not to love anyone or hope for anything.”
― Lev Grossman, The Magicians

[Image: yE2nUm]
Find all posts by this user
01-16-2018, 06:13 AM
The Kundalini Yoga that I was taught isn't too different. You're not supposed to be distracted by the various energy sensations or emotions or the siddhis that come up through the practice, you're supposed to remain focused on the attainment of Samadhi and the deepening of it once you have attained it. If you have a good cultivation practice you're going to have certain experiences while improving, the key for mystics is to not be distracted by them.

As for the gnostics...meh. I don't need to describe how weird they are, do I? Tounge

The bigger problem there is that a lot of contemporary "kundalini" methods are not raising Kundalini at all, but simply stimulating the chakras with prana. This certainly produces various effects, but it is not Kundalini Yoga, and it can indeed be called one of the trappings of Maya. If you raise prana to the head, usually it'll do nothing but intoxicate you. This can lead to a nice little trance high and various other experiences, but as far as practical spiritual growth it's not really doing much. Certainly not the same kind of thing Kundalini Yoga does.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Extreme difficulty meditating after years of no problems Eeveepony 18 962 10-15-2017 04:38 AM
Last Post: Arkadius-Rash
  strange fear when meditating silvergrey 6 1,208 12-19-2015 08:39 PM
Last Post: Warcloud
  Hard time meditating Luciferi Filia 9 1,485 09-27-2014 01:36 AM
Last Post: Luciferi Filia
  Tutorial on Meditating Easy AleG 2 875 03-15-2014 02:26 PM
Last Post: Selene
  Strange thing happened while meditating. Kanliah 7 1,500 02-20-2014 04:00 AM
Last Post: woodoo003