Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What animals have you eaten?
09-09-2013, 04:39 PM
As the thread title suggests, what animals have you eaten, and how were they prepared?

My favourite is Possum, which, although heavily endangered in their native Australia, are considered a pest here. Their meat is extremely difficult to obtain due to high rates of tuberculosis amongst the wild populations, and the total ban on domestication. However, some meat manages to make it onto the market, thanks to local hunters.

When I tried it, it was casseroled in red wine, with basil and onions and such. It was absolutely delicious. Very rich, gamey and very tender, slightly more flavour than Rabbit perhaps. If you ever get the chance to try it I suggest you do.

Another personal favourite of mine is eel, which is also a local thing. Eels are able to smell blood in water for nearly a kilometre, so they're very easy to bait and catch. Eel is very oily and rich, but is delicious smoked.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2013, 07:49 PM
The most odd thing I have ever eaten was Kangaroo. It had minimal flavor, however. My favorite is Lamb. It's absolutely delicious.

[Image: OyYiLJI.jpg]
09-09-2013, 08:15 PM
(09-09-2013 07:49 PM)Fronin Wrote:  The most odd thing I have ever eaten was Kangaroo. It had minimal flavor, however. My favorite is Lamb. It's absolutely delicious.

Kangaroo you say? I've heard people eat it, but I've no idea about it really. That's pretty cool.

Lamb is wonderful, it's so tender and it has plenty of flavour.
09-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Pigs, lambs, cows, ducks, chickens, deer, all kinds of fish and water-dwelling bastards, rabbits, turkeys...

[Image: 1484245578377.png]
09-10-2013, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2013 06:19 AM by Protestant Priest.)
Chicken, turkey, rabbits, wild mice, agouti, dog, lamb, snail, frog, gazelle, snake, pigs, ducks, fishes, beef, guinea pigs (very succulent), worms, crickets... that's all I remember for now; the name of some escapes me in English.

[Image: uKKjzVw.gif]
09-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Chicken!

I am ever present to help all who trust in me and call upon me in time of need - Satan
09-10-2013, 11:34 PM
i really like unusual foods i eat snake coocked with rice wine dregs, fried bat with Tamarine, dog with bean curd, and monkey soup
09-12-2013, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 03:06 PM by hayyot.)
Possibly the most inusual here would be a local animal called "vizcacha" (google it to see pictures, it resembles a hare maybe?)
that was when I was a kid, pretty cool the way my grandmother made it (with carrots and onions). But I only had it once.

(09-10-2013 06:17 AM)Protestant Priest Wrote:  Chicken, turkey, rabbits, wild mice, agouti, dog, lamb, snail, frog, gazelle, snake, pigs, ducks, fishes, beef, guinea pigs (very succulent), worms, crickets... that's all I remember for now; the name of some escapes me in English.

Once saw this video of a mexican market where they sold the skinless, cooked guinea pigs...I swear I almost threw up...I found it incredibly disgusting.

(09-10-2013 11:44 AM)Halwest Wrote:  Chicken!

A man of classical tastes, lol

Damn it..now you`re all talking about different animals and this reminded me, I always wanted to have one of your Thanksgiving Day meals..the turkey and all that...seems delicious....
09-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Cows, chicken, fishes.
But I really wanna try sharks, dragons and wooly mammoth. Happy

BUSY IRL
[Image: 4R7Dnyo.gif]
09-12-2013, 03:58 PM
eEEls are pretty good. I've had the usual, of course, but eels are SO good.

║╦║╦╗╔╗╦╦║
║║║╠╣╠╣║╠╣
╚╩╝╩║╝║╩║║╩
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user