Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the most essential herbs.
01-12-2018, 02:08 PM
so it’s the root that you would want, dried for 6 months preferably, it’s highly medicinal and highly toxic and can cause severe contact dermatitis and respiratory irritation - so not a plant to be taken lightly or to burn in an enclosed space. the berries can be made in a saturn ink. it’s used for reversal, protection against evil spirits, remove enemies and illness. it’s very much a plant of saturn- even the root decocts after an hour to a dark indigo colour! i use it in a run devil run formula and to dress reversal and st cyprian candles. a very formidable and potent spiritual herb with many thousands of years of use in north america, among afro americans , in china and east asian medicine. it’s also used spiritually in daoism. guinea hen weed just fyi is also in the poke family.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2018, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 02:13 PM by Scottish_Pride.)
Any advice for sources on Southern foraging? I really want to fill the gaps in my knowledge but can’t seem to find a good organized book or website reference for lots of plants I’ve yet to identify.

There is one real moral in this world when you think about it, and it's called "Don't Be A Dick".
01-12-2018, 02:17 PM
for foraging no, but you could check out phyllis d light who is a southern herbalist and she has resources on her website for southern herbs.

also compass flower is a very good texas / southern herb of jupiter similar in many respects to agrimony.
01-13-2018, 04:25 AM
i found several books on texas medicinal herbs and borderland curanderismo if u want the titles.
01-13-2018, 04:59 AM
(01-12-2018 02:08 PM)JintheNinja Wrote:  so it’s the root that you would want, dried for 6 months preferably, it’s highly medicinal and highly toxic and can cause severe contact dermatitis and respiratory irritation - so not a plant to be taken lightly or to burn in an enclosed space. the berries can be made in a saturn ink. it’s used for reversal, protection against evil spirits, remove enemies and illness. it’s very much a plant of saturn- even the root decocts after an hour to a dark indigo colour! i use it in a run devil run formula and to dress reversal and st cyprian candles. a very formidable and potent spiritual herb with many thousands of years of use in north america, among afro americans , in china and east asian medicine. it’s also used spiritually in daoism. guinea hen weed just fyi is also in the poke family.

Thanks! I knew about the medicinal/toxic aspects cuz I’m pretty big into that stuff, but I didn’t have any idea it had an established spiritual use. I know all plants and minerals have their properties and applications. I just didn’t know there was anybody out there using this one, or that there was any information on it.

I'm crazy, getting crazier.. Trying to figure out how things work and what's possible.Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Spiritual and Magical Properties of Essential Oils - Excellent Resource whatis777 0 385 11-15-2015 10:18 PM
Last Post: whatis777
  Where to Get Herbs guero 30 2,307 04-26-2015 05:11 PM
Last Post: Hagen Van Horne