Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What book and/or practice changed your life?
04-19-2017, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2017 11:22 PM by OldSaint.)
(04-19-2017 10:50 PM)Blujuwel Wrote:  
(04-19-2017 09:37 PM)OldSaint Wrote:  Here's my list, of them all i'd say Path Notes of an American Ninja Master had the strongest influence. http://my-path-notes.blogspot.com/p/library.html

I noticed in your library list that you have Magical Knowledge by Josephine McCarthy. I know her pretty well. Have you tried any of her Quareia work or seen the site? I'd be interested in your perspective. I'm looking into the Minja Master now, it sounds interesting.

I do talk a bit about using her techniques on the blog. There quite powerful should you desire to approach your practice with a heavy emphasis of working on the inner planes and working with spirits in that way....Cosmic Community Service is what i often refer to it as. I worked with her card deck and enjoyed it quite thoroughly, really beautiful and powerful cards and excellent for making spirit contacts.

I tried the Quareia course, but did not get far before i realized it was not my cup of tea. I have much stronger resonances with different systems. That said as evidenced by it being on my list, there are many gems of wisdom in her books and i'm sure in her course as well.

My thoughts on spiritual magical systems in general is that while they may be useful and powerful...always remember that they are tools born from another person's adventures and gnosis. Go as deeply with them as you can...but don't allow them to curtail your own growing gnosis, your sense of creativity, play and being well rounded in your knowledge base. This can be a difficulty with many systems which can inadvertently choke the bliss out of magick. Hope this is helpful, cheers.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2017, 11:42 PM
I was hoping modern magick would change my life but it hasn't... I think magick is a sober man's game
04-19-2017, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 12:06 AM by Blujuwel.)
(04-19-2017 11:17 PM)OldSaint Wrote:  
(04-19-2017 10:50 PM)Blujuwel Wrote:  
(04-19-2017 09:37 PM)OldSaint Wrote:  Here's my list, of them all i'd say Path Notes of an American Ninja Master had the strongest influence. http://my-path-notes.blogspot.com/p/library.html

I noticed in your library list that you have Magical Knowledge by Josephine McCarthy. I know her pretty well. Have you tried any of her Quareia work or seen the site? I'd be interested in your perspective. I'm looking into the Minja Master now, it sounds interesting.

I do talk a bit about using her techniques on the blog. There quite powerful should you desire to approach your practice with a heavy emphasis of working on the inner planes and working with spirits in that way....Cosmic Community Service is what i often refer to it as. I worked with her card deck and enjoyed it quite thoroughly, really beautiful and powerful cards and excellent for making spirit contacts.

I tried the Quareia course, but did not get far before i realized it was not my cup of tea. I have much stronger resonances with different systems. That said as evidenced by it being on my list, there are many gems of wisdom in her books and i'm sure in her course as well.

My thoughts on spiritual magical systems in general is that while they may be useful and powerful...always remember that they are tools born from another person's adventures and gnosis. Go as deeply with them as you can...but don't allow them to curtail your own growing gnosis, your sense of creativity, play and being well rounded in your knowledge base. This can be a difficulty with many systems which can inadvertently choke the bliss out of magick. Hope this is helpful, cheers.

Thank you for your insights. I was there and encouraging her to do the site in the first place (not sure she'd thank me for that. haha) but her work isn't mine. I do enjoy her as a person and magician but my spiritual pull is also in other directions. I've also worked rituals with her ex in washington state but I have a hard time in groups/systems in general too. I tend to want to do my own thing. And like your advice but I have unlimited curiosity and will never stop searching for more knowledge (hopefully). Blessings Smiling

(04-19-2017 11:44 PM)Blujuwel Wrote:  
(04-19-2017 11:17 PM)OldSaint Wrote:  
(04-19-2017 10:50 PM)Blujuwel Wrote:  I noticed in your library list that you have Magical Knowledge by Josephine McCarthy. I know her pretty well. Have you tried any of her Quareia work or seen the site? I'd be interested in your perspective. I'm looking into the Minja Master now, it sounds interesting.

Thank you for your insights. I was there and encouraging her to do the site in the first place (not sure she'd thank me for that. haha) but her work isn't mine. I do enjoy her as a person and magician but my spiritual pull is also in other directions. I've also worked rituals with her ex in washington state but I have a hard time in groups/systems in general too. I tend to want to do my own thing. And like your advice but I have unlimited curiosity and will never stop searching for more knowledge (hopefully). Blessings Smiling

Oh and to again edit: Yes, the cards are powerful to work with. You can feel the connections. I somehow acquire many tarot decks...sigh
04-20-2017, 03:51 AM
I did an honey jar on myself and after that I find myself much happier and less wounded by depression and hard times.
04-20-2017, 06:55 AM
Mollina book of st. Cyprian. which I translated into English is currently changing my life in a way.
04-21-2017, 10:02 PM
For me it was Rufus Opus 7 sphere book that did it for me. Went through the initiations, completely changed my life
04-21-2017, 10:56 PM
(04-21-2017 10:02 PM)Philosopher Wrote:  For me it was Rufus Opus 7 sphere book that did it for me. Went through the initiations, completely changed my life

Awesome. I enjoy his podcast he puts up on youtube.

04-22-2017, 11:08 AM
No books changed my life....

Working with plant medicines changed my life. Right from the start - immediate results. And then when I first started working with tribal shamans that also changed my life a lot - took things to another level for sure.

I can honestly say I would probably be dead if it wasnt for plant medicines - they saved my life.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to apply the kabbala Tree of life Magickinqu 4 146 03-28-2017 02:13 AM
Last Post: Magickinqu
  my new book suggestions Kwanite3000 2 123 02-28-2017 02:43 AM
Last Post: Kwanite3000
  Necronomicon spell book/ The 72 sigils of power proxincz 26 1,556 02-26-2017 09:38 AM
Last Post: Sector 13
  Tree of Life & Death Deathcore 8 291 02-22-2017 01:03 PM
Last Post: Shaula
  How to stop a person from invading my life? jake3598 12 348 02-22-2017 10:20 AM
Last Post: Aaraigathor