Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a Satanist?
02-14-2018, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 02:37 AM by ZackDuckers.)
The demonolatry vs Satanism thread had some interesting posts. As far as I know Shadow is the only Satanist posting there (theistic or otherwise).

I won't copy / paste shit from other posts and other sites. I won't parrot others either.

I thought Satanist merely meant adversary or prosecutor against. In every way against everything including self i thought it was a philosophy of going against everything. Just self vs all that is. And at times even challenging self when one becomes to compliant in that way of thinking.

Even then I wonder how off the mark that is. I tend to believe in every path of polytheism, anti-theism, monotheism, and unknowns as its simply more to go against.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2018, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 09:57 AM by DarkMagiican.)
Shadow is not a Satanist for one.
Considering the Church of Satan is not a real Church of Satan.
Secondly as far as I know anyone can be a Satanist and Anton LaVey didn't coin satanism. He corporatized it. And through that entire thread I went through on how every single thing that is flawed with that childish doctrine.

So once again the atheist pretend church called Church of Satan is bogus. Not true Satanism, in will never be true satanism.
So I appreciate you calling me some kind of fake satanist while catering to that atheist that perpetuate atheist Satanism and doesnt even believe in anything that actually pertains to satanism, the left hand path or true satanism.

But it's cool I do believe i left enough facts on that page to prove that anyone that believes in the Church of Satan is a dunce and usually only argues for Church of Satan because they feel threatened but I'm surprised these atheist Satanist consolidate themselves in such a position so that they can be made fun of by their phony CoS Library. Trust me if you don't bother to look up what I said and you just want to defend a bullshit little book call the Satanic Bible without actually debunking it and criticizing it than I have no clue why you think you can proclaim yourself Satanist.

http://wizardforums.com/Thread-Are-Demon...-Satanists
02-14-2018, 10:21 AM
You didn't leave a single fact. You only said members of the CoS weren't "true Satanists," and have YET to define true Satanism to anyone. So, enough with your whiny bullshit. Define it for us. If you can't do that then why bother calling yourself a Satanist? I've yet to see you define for us what Satanism is in ANY of your 50+ posts on this site.

╔╩═║║╔╗╦║══╩╗════════════╗
║══╠╣╔║║║═══║════════════╚
╣══╝║╚╩╩╚╝══╚╔╗║╦╔╗╦╗╔╗║╦║
╔═╗╔╗║╔╗╔╗║╚╗╠╣╠╣║║║║║║║
╚═╗╠╣║║║╚╝╩║╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╩╝
╚═╝╝║║║║╚║╚╝════════════╔
╚╦═════════╦╝════════════╝
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-14-2018, 11:02 AM
Someone who is a lot of internal issues.

║╦║╦╗╔╗╦╦║
║║║╠╣╠╣║╠╣
╚╩╝╩║╝║╩║║╩
02-14-2018, 11:13 AM
I only said "as far as I know." Truth is I know nothing of anyone posting here no matter what posted. Trust nothing... Maybe not even yourself.

Sometimes i think of helping others and getting nothing. That sure isn't putting self above all others all the time. And sometimes i'm a selfish SOB. Separating Lucifer from Satan from "The DEVIL" is rather confusing. I won't even bother with the rest of the spirits or beings. If i can't distinguish the simple there is no point jumping into the orgie of entities.
02-14-2018, 11:29 AM
(02-14-2018 02:33 AM)ZackDuckers Wrote:  The demonolatry vs Satanism thread had some interesting posts. As far as I know Shadow is the only Satanist posting there (theistic or otherwise).

I won't copy / paste shit from other posts and other sites. I won't parrot others either.

I thought Satanist merely meant adversary or prosecutor against. In every way against everything including self i thought it was a philosophy of going against everything. Just self vs all that is. And at times even challenging self when one becomes to compliant in that way of thinking.

Even then I wonder how off the mark that is. I tend to believe in every path of polytheism, anti-theism, monotheism, and unknowns as its simply more to go against.

Yeah Satanism is not a philosophy of adversarialism.

You are correct on the term's classical etymology; its literal meaning is "accuser" and it was initially a term for black ops angels. Later it was applied to the figure of Lucifer, the fallen angel, in Christian thought.

I think the most succinct consensus definition of Satanist is "moral solipsist."

Don't make me put my wizard shit on. I mean fucking business when I've got my wizard shit on.
02-14-2018, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 12:41 PM by DarkMagiican.)
(02-14-2018 10:21 AM)Shadow Wrote:  You didn't leave a single fact. You only said members of the CoS weren't "true Satanists," and have YET to define true Satanism to anyone. So, enough with your whiny bullshit. Define it for us. If you can't do that then why bother calling yourself a Satanist? I've yet to see you define for us what Satanism is in ANY of your 50+ posts on this site.

Well for one, i feel that i don't need to explain myself. I am a Satanist after all.
I have rethought some things that i have said and i may lack perspective for i am only human.
So maybe you could enlighten me, why you keep getting offended by the truth that the Church of Satan is Satire Satanism hence a bunch of athiests playing dress up in a fictional church?
Perhaps it would be wiser to talk about the politics that it's involved instead because we all know they are far left?
We could also address how the Church of Satan called the Satanic Temple Satire Satanism?
https://www.churchofsatan.com/the-satani...-sheet.php
We could also address how the Church of Satan has a totalitarian grip on anyone that wants to grow the satanic cause?
Seems that Anton LeVay Satanists have taken up arms and have declared their Satanism true Satanism, so why on earth would any rational Satanist defend such absurdity when they declare an entire denomination of Satanists as crazy?

I personally don't blindly follow anyone and the Church of Satan, Temple of Set, Satanic Temple and the Sect of Horned God all have good philosophies but the CoS, TST and SoTG are all hostile towards Theistic Satanism even though it predates LeVay's corporatized Satanism. Also seems to be an easily debunk able idea of Satanism by theistic satanists too. I however come from an aspect of debating Islam, so i apply actual logic to these doctrines and i haven't studied the temple of set that rigorously, so i can't say they are athiests but i heard that in later years Michael changed his views. Then we have the Joy of Satan Ministries that perpetuate Zechariah Stitches debunked theories in some of their books on the Annunaki Sumeria and Nibiru. Which is pretty much the only main form famous Theistic Satanism but kinda of is a joke since any atheist/scientist will debunk that nonsense about the Annunaki and Aliens. So you asked me what True Satanism is and i'm pretty sure we are born Satanists. That's it. We are converted from a young age to believe in Gods through the Christian perspective or Islamic perspective.
So i suppose i am flawed that i have seen the supernatural but i'm not going to stand behind these branchs of athestic Satanism that are hostile to theists or perpetuate "doctrines" that can be easily argued by "non-believers" and defend it. It's easier to criticize it, gather the truths move on.
Hence the life of a Satanic Magician
02-14-2018, 01:12 PM
(02-14-2018 12:35 PM)DarkMagiican Wrote:  Well for one, i feel that i don't need to explain myself. I am a Satanist after all.
I have rethought some things that i have said and i may lack perspective for i am only human.
So maybe you could enlighten me, why you keep getting offended by the truth that the Church of Satan is Satire Satanism hence a bunch of athiests playing dress up in a fictional church?
Perhaps it would be wiser to talk about the politics that it's involved instead because we all know they are far left?
We could also address how the Church of Satan called the Satanic Temple Satire Satanism?
https://www.churchofsatan.com/the-satani...-sheet.php

I personally don't blindly follow anyone and the Church of Satan, Temple of Set, Satanic Temple and the Sect of Horned God all have good philosophies but the CoS, TST and SoTG are all hostile towards Theistic Satanism even thought it predates LeVay's corporatized Satanism seems to be an easily debunkable idea of Satanism by thestic satanism. I however come from an aspect of debating Islam, so i apply actual logic to these doctrines and i haven't studied the temple of set that rigorously, so i can't say they are athiests but i heard that in later years Michael changed his views. Then we have the Joy of Satan Ministries that perpetuate Zacheria Sitches debunked theories in some of their books on the Annunaki Sumeria and Nibiru. Which is pretty much the only main form famous Theistic Satanism but kinda of is a joke since any atheist/scientist will debunk that nonsense about the Annunaki and Aliens. So you asked me what True Satanism is and i'm pretty sure we are born Satanists. That's it. We are converted from a young age to believe in Gods through the Christian perspective or Islamic perspective.
So i suppose i am flawed that i have seen the supernatural but i'm not going to stand behind these branchs of athestic Satanism that are hostile to theists or perpetuate "doctrines" that can be easily argued by "non-believers" and defend it. It's easier to criticize it, gather the truths move on.
Hence the life of a Satanic Magician

I ask you to define it because there's a lot of leeway with Satanism seeing as it's a philosophy that holds individuality in such high regards. Also, if you want have discussions on a forum you may want to explain your position if you want anyone to take you seriously. You don't have to explain yourself, but if you're not going to it wouldn't be wise to go around making accusations about others falling short. Another reason I ask because there's one key aspect that is necessary, in my point of view, in order to qualify for Satanism. The highest point of Satanism is for an individual to be their own God. God being defined as an individual's highest value. THAT is why LaVeyans are every bit as Satanic as Theistics. Do LaVeyans sell themselves short by not recognizing nor understanding the metaphysical? Sure, they're missing out. However they still live their life being their own God and in general strive to have mastery over their own life (which is something you can do without magic). That is why I consider them "true" Satanists.

I'm well aware that LaVeyans and other atheistic/symbolic Satanists like to be hostile towards Theistic Satanists. However this in and of itself does not mean they themselves aren't Satanists. It just means they're ignorant. A lot of them still don't seem to understand that a Theistic Satanist and a Devil worshiper aren't the same thing. I agree with them that devil worshipers aren't Satanists for a few reasons. The main thing is that Devil worshipers choose to worship an external force rather than their self. That is true reverse christianity right there. That and quite frankly I don't think the biblical Satan even exists as the christians claim.

Now you say Theistic Satanism existed before LaVeyan Satanism. That is accurate, however it wasn't called Satanism at that time. It wasn't called Satanism until LaVey structured a philosophy around the general mindset and called it Satanism. Satanism is the philosophy. It's by no means new, but it hadn't been structured together in a single philosophy quite like Satanism. At least not in a very, very long time.

Now let's discuss the Temple of Set. When LaVey first made the CoS, NOT all members were atheists. A lot of them in the early days were Occultists. When the church started taking a turn to be more atheistic some members branched off and formed the Temple of Set. The ToS are basically Theistic Satanists, but they don't like to call themselves that for this and that reason. They attempted to find an earlier and more legitimate version of a literal 'Satan,' and found it in the Egyptian God Set. Thus they refer to themselves as Setians.

The Satanic Temple I quite frankly agree with the CoS on. They attempted to adopt the title of Satanism, but they watered it down to much. They basically pandered to the social justice movement in a way that takes it too far from the original philosophy. They try to force thinks like having empathy and what not into the philosophy. While there's certainly nothing wrong with having empathy, it's not a requirement to be a Satanist. Satanism holds that the individual is their own God, and as such it is up to the individual to find what's important to them in their own personal life. Therefore you can't demand someone hold a specific viewpoint (such as having empathy) in order to be a Satanist, because it would take away from the individuality and thus corrupt the rest of the Philosophy. That's why they fall seriously short of embracing Satanism in its true form.

So to sum it all up, despite the one issue where LaVeyans like to attempt to be a little over-elitist and say Theistics can't be Satanists (which I do disagree with them on whole heartedly), they still meet all essential criteria to call themselves a Satanist. They are their own Gods and they attempt to have mastery over their lives. They just haven't gained the evidence to understand the realities of the Gods and of the Metaphysical. That however is fine, because Satanism is also about not believing things with blind faith. They SHOULD be atheists UNTIL they individually find EVIDENCE for the realities of the Occult. To simply believe in the Occult without evidence would actually make them LESS Satanic.

So do you understand my position now?

╔═╗╔╗║╔╗╔╗║╚╗╠╣╠╣║║║║║║║
╚═╗╠╣║║║╚╝╩║╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╩╝
02-14-2018, 01:58 PM
When the Dali Lama was asked how many religions are there in the world, he said "about 6 billion" (the rough population of the world at that time).

This thread deals with a lot of "semantic" elements where people do not agree on a consensual way of applying labels... which really has nothing to do with the actual path of any person. It's purely a matter of differing criteria for categorization.

Of course, whenever we categorize, we lump things together and pave over the nuances and differences within groupings with label forms... which is where the idea "words are lies" comes from... but that's a whole nother discussion.

uh... oh, to the OP... in the broadest strokes:
there's theistic satanists
and non theistic satanists

and there is everything in between, to the side of, under, over, and 3 blocks east of, those 2 basic categories.
02-14-2018, 02:04 PM
(02-14-2018 01:58 PM)Kath Wrote:  When the Dali Lama was asked how many religions are there in the world, he said "about 6 billion" (the rough population of the world at that time).

This thread deals with a lot of "semantic" elements where people do not agree on a consensual way of applying labels... which really has nothing to do with the actual path of any person. It's purely a matter of differing criteria for categorization.

Of course, whenever we categorize, we lump things together and pave over the nuances and differences within groupings with label forms... which is where the idea "words are lies" comes from... but that's a whole nother discussion.

uh... oh, to the OP... in the broadest strokes:
there's theistic satanists
and non theistic satanists

and there is everything in between, to the side of, under, over, and 3 blocks east of, those 2 basic categories.

I feel the Dali Llama there. That's one of the reasons I'm debating this whole thing. Too many Satanists cry out that the other person isn't a "true" Satanist for this and that reason. At the end of the day minor difference shouldn't really be an issue. Even the split between Theistic and Atheistic shouldn't be an excuse to completely shut off someone from the title.

╔═╗╔╗║╔╗╔╗║╚╗╠╣╠╣║║║║║║║
╚═╗╠╣║║║╚╝╩║╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╩╝

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  are u satanist,or demonalater.? belphguy 3 128 Yesterday 08:07 AM